Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Mother?s Day Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Mother?s Day Edition

We?re doing steaks with my mom Saturday and boiling crawfish for my wife & mil Sunday. Should be a good weekend

vCash
    First I am not a cook but I have enjoyed reading the post and looking at the finished product some of my fellow Dawgs post on here. However as of late the contributing posters have all but left. You guys please come back. This has been one of the best thread subjects on Elitedawgs. In fact about the only one you can read without any bitching, moaning, or complaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    First I am not a cook but I have enjoyed reading the post and looking at the finished product some of my fellow Dawgs post on here. However as of late the contributing posters have all but left. You guys please come back. This has been one of the best thread subjects on Elitedawgs. In fact about the only one you can read without any bitching, moaning, or complaining.
    Ya I agree. No idea where everyone went. Brunswick, jbjones, etc... have been mia

vCash
    We have some Mother’s Day pics in a bit then over to my folks house for dinner with mom and grandmother. I’ll post a pic

vCash
    No cooking here, but last meal getting out of PEK “today”. Enjoying a good ���� bourbon at EWR now - Bakers on the rocks.

vCash
    Filet and tater at my mom and dads house. My grandmother, aunt, uncle and family were over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    This is my favorite board on ED, as well. I'm sorry for not posting as much lately, though; our new tiny person has mildly altered my normal routine, lol.

I'm going to start taking food pictures and posting them again, though. I'm really thankful we have this medium to share our stuff, and there are peeps as passionate about food and food stuff as I am. You guys rock.

vCash
    We picked up our crawfish at 9 and we’re cooking at 4. Pics coming later

vCash
    Grilling filets on the BGE later for Mothers Day. Probably some Miller Lites while I cook.

vCash
    Also grilling filets later today with the in-laws coming over.

vCash
    Needed some home food in a bad way today. My favorite meal that I have posted here too many times - fresh fried yella mouths, French fries, greens & Parish Envie. It never gets old.

vCash
    How many people did you have to hold back at gunpoint to get that pic of the crawfish laid out, before they pounced?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    How many people did you have to hold back at gunpoint to get that pic of the crawfish laid out, before they pounced?
    Everybody was inside except me and my 2 brother in laws who cooked it. So we laid it out and then got everybody. It wasn’t so neat in a matter of minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Needed some home food in a bad way today. My favorite meal that I have posted here too many times - fresh fried yella mouths, French fries, greens & Parish Envie. It never gets old.

Can’t beat it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Ya I agree. No idea where everyone went. Brunswick, jbjones, etc... have been mia
    Yeah - I've been swamped lately and haven't done any cooking in seems like forever. I've been doing weekend renovations at my wife's business and it has eaten me alive. Almost finished it yesterday so I hope to be back to weekend grilling on Sunday.
    The upside - by providing the labor for installing 2500 square feet of flooring, building a closet, and splitting 1 room into two (which adds net revenue), the business will be paying for a trip to Costa Rica in January.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    This Mothers Day was real traditional. The family gathering was all home cooked food. Fried chicken and all the veggies from the garden. We were joking that with all the cars outside and all the great side dishes on the inside, if it had not been for it being Mother's Day, people would have thought someone had just been buried.

vCash
    That looks great! How many did you feed?

vCash
    Hump day bump. Eagle rare on the rocks, shrimp, chicken, pineapple & onion skewers and corn on the cob.