Thread: Woolfolk leaves UM baseball team

vCash

Woolfolk leaves UM baseball team

Heard it on the radio earlier but don?t see it mentioned here. He said he needed to concentrate on his health. I won?t speculate.

vCash
    Well, I will. And this is pure speculation but I bet it's an arm issue. I knew something was up when they used Carraci to close even with an All-American closer. Most college teams would use them like we used Lindgren and Holder.

vCash
    Todd, I know his velocity has been down, but if it is an arm issue, why leave the team and announce it? Unless he is unhappy about something, maybe?

vCash
    He probably worded it the way he did because he I suspect he is unhappy with Ole Miss and how he was used. That's the way it looks anyway. Woolfolk kept it vague enough that he got his point across without explicitly burning bridges.

I suspect he is going to go pro anyway. If he doesn't I suspect he will go to Delta State or somewhere like that.

vCash
    Addiction to weight loss drugs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Addiction to weight loss drugs
    Most of the world is addicted to coffee. Big deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Most of the world is addicted to coffee. Big deal

Banned
    vCash
    Huge loss for RebShark postseason ambitions. I figured they might have a return shot at the CWS if they got a national seed. Gonna be difficult w/o their top hurler.

vCash
    He's hardly been used this year, 14 innings total

Compared to our loses, this is nothing. We never got 14 competitive innings total from Jared Padgett, Parker Ford, and Noah Hughes combined. This year, we got nothing from two AA candidates Price and Self

vCash
    Didn't Self close last night? Is he now healthy?

vCash
    Was Woolfolk a closer for them last year?
    Happy Festivus

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Was Woolfolk a closer for them last year?
    Yep....and closers sometimes may not throw a single inning in a week or two. Sounds like he may have had some arm issues to boot that limited him even further.