Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL draft

vCash

NFL draft

Browns could have had Barkley and Darnold, or at least 1 of the 4 QBs that are supposedly top 5 worthy, (they aint) but of course they picked Mayfield (best QB) and Denzel Ward at 4.

I have got to get into the NFL GM school bc I could do better than that

vCash
    If Dallas doesnt get Ridley or Courtland Sutton Dak should catch the first bus out of jerrys world

vCash
    Dumbest pick ever (referencing Dallas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    Idk that kid aint bad. I wouldve went Ridley but it makes sense

vCash
    I would've gone Ridley but this is a Def. Oline 1st round. The Saints moving up and giving away next years 1st rd pick is the head scratcher though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    No it wasn't. That's the best LB available and they are desperate at that spot right now. He's going to be a star barring injury.
    Ridley is so overrated. He doesn't have great size and didn't even dominate in college. He's a lifetime #2 WR.
    I could see them trading up to grab a WR today. But DL is a priority too and this is a terrible WR crop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I would've gone Ridley but this is a Def. Oline 1st round. The Saints moving up and giving away next years 1st rd pick is the head scratcher though.
    Mickey Loomis is an idiot..

vCash
    Hope this guy for Dallas is a freak. From 8 man football, to a walk on in college, to a first round pick looks like a major reach, but I admit I know nothing about the guy. I know they need linebackers, but Moore and Ridley were sitting there. I don't know which one is better, but Dallas had the pick of any receiver they wanted. Maybe they are looking for a more "Dez type" size WR. I know Ridley is a little short. Not sure about Moore. I hope there are more legit #1 WRs left in this draft. Dallas desperately needs a play maker on the outside.

vCash
    Fans see holes on their team and wonder why they aren't filling them, but the best teams draft the best players, not based on need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Fans see holes on their team and wonder why they aren't filling them, but the best teams draft the best players, not based on need.
    Are you saying that LB was the best player available? Think he's only shown 1 good year of playing college ball. LB was also a hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Hope this guy for Dallas is a freak. From 8 man football, to a walk on in college, to a first round pick looks like a major reach, but I admit I know nothing about the guy. I know they need linebackers, but Moore and Ridley were sitting there. I don't know which one is better, but Dallas had the pick of any receiver they wanted. Maybe they are looking for a more "Dez type" size WR. I know Ridley is a little short. Not sure about Moore. I hope there are more legit #1 WRs left in this draft. Dallas desperately needs a play maker on the outside.
    I have to think they make a push for Chark from LSU and Courtland Sutton from SMU. Not sure Christian Kirk is what they want really. He's got a ton of talent but at 5' 11" he's not carrying a team like Dallas. Equanimeous St. Brown from ND could potentially be a possibility too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I have to think they make a push for Chark from LSU and Courtland Sutton from SMU. Not sure Christian Kirk is what they want really. He's got a ton of talent but at 5' 11" he's not carrying a team like Dallas. Equanimeous St. Brown from ND could potentially be a possibility too.
    You think any of these guys are legit #1 WRs?

vCash
    Are you saying that LB was the best player available? Think he's only shown 1 good year of playing college ball. LB was also a hole.
    I have no idea if he was or not. May have been a bad pick regardless.

I'm just referencing when fans say things like, 'I can't believe we passed on a (whatever position), we need one bad.'

vCash
    I think DJ Chark could be. As is usual with LSU WR's, they typically get a lot better when they get into the NFL because they actually have someone decent that can get them the ball. It's the never ending cycle of not understanding how LSU continues to get WRs when they have garbage QBs throwing to them. But I do think Chark has potential to be a #1. Needs to gain a little weight probably, but I think he could do it. He ran a 4.34 at the combine as well.

Courtland Sutton would be the only other guy I think that could do it. But he's going to have to get faster and more explosive it he ever wants to be anything more than a possession WR.

I think Chark is highly underrated and could be an 80-90 receptions kind of guy. But LSU's QB situation sucks and it hurt him I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    There's a balance between need and best available. Thing is, you can't fill every need in the 1st round. Some of these needs will be filled today too. Maybe there was a guy too good to pass up in round 1 regardless of need, but that just means you go after needs in rounds 2 and/or 3 tonight.

vCash
    I think DJ Chark could be. As is usual with LSU WR's, they typically get a lot better when they get into the NFL because they actually have someone decent that can get them the ball. It's the never ending cycle of not understanding how LSU continues to get WRs when they have garbage QBs throwing to them. But I do think Chark has potential to be a #1. Needs to gain a little weight probably, but I think he could do it. He ran a 4.34 at the combine as well.

Courtland Sutton would be the only other guy I think that could do it. But he's going to have to get faster and more explosive it he ever wants to be anything more than a possession WR.

I think Chark is highly underrated and could be an 80-90 receptions kind of guy. But LSU's QB situation sucks and it hurt him I think.
    Believe I would definitely go after Chark with that speed then. Hard to teach a guy explosiveness and speed as you say about the other guy.

vCash
    Jason Witten is retiring per ESPN. Terrible news for the Cowboys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Jason Witten is retiring per ESPN. Terrible news for the Cowboys.
    You serious?? Damn. This sounds like very coincidental timing. You think he announced based on the draft pick? I would have to think last night played a part in his decision if he's announcing that the day after the draft.

ETA: Looks like the rumor is he may join MNF. If true, I have to think the pick last night is affecting that decision.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 04-27-2018 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Christian Kirk is damn good idc how tall he is.

I like Sutton more than the rest of those. Chark is a burner but not very consistent

vCash
    You serious?? Damn. This sounds like very coincidental timing. You think he announced based on the draft pick? I would have to think last night played a part in his decision if he's announcing that the day after the draft.

ETA: Looks like the rumor is he may join MNF. If true, I have to think the pick last night is affecting that decision.
    He should have told them ahead of time that he would retire if no help is added at WR.