Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we need to pull for Ole Miss this weekend?

vCash
    Never have, never will.

vCash
    How can you pull for a shitbird when that bird will always shit on you at every opportunity?

vCash
    <17> ole miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    It?s amazing to me to see idiotic MSU fans like this that would rather ole miss lose than state win. You are the epitome of their view of us. Congrats.

If ole miss winning helps us, by all means, go rebels. If their games have no true effect on us, screw em. We won the SEC two years ago because they did their part against A&M. Based on your logic, you wish the Aggies would have taken the title. Just wow.
    We won the SEC title two years ago because we won more games than anyone else in the SEC. Ole Miss had jack shit to do with our SEC title. Getting swept by Florida and dropping games to every SEC West team (except us) is what cost them the title.

You sound like one of those Clarion Ledger douches when you type stuff like that.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Also, define rationale. At no point did I make any claim that I would rather see Ole Miss lose more than I would like to see MSU win. That is irrationally twisting my words to then use as the basis for his point. He then further stretched to say that I pulled against MSU "winning" in a game MSU did not even play in. Last time I checked, wins come from games you are actually in. Otherwise you get folks winning at things that aren't even competitions like how some teams win at arbitrary recruiting titles even how Charlie Sheen wins at life.

Champions don't sit around wishing and praying for other teams to win, they go out and win the damn things themselves. If we didn't win the conference championship that year then we should've won more games. It wouldn't have been A&Ms fault for not winning 1 game anymore than it was to the credit of Ole Miss for us winning that championship. They played a whole schedule of games just like we did.
    Rational response: you said there was no scenario you would ever pull for Ole Miss. in 2016, with 3 games remaining, we needed ole miss to win one game against A&M and us sweep Arkansas for us to win the SEC outright. So based on your own admission (never want ole miss to win), you wanted A&M to win all three games and at worst share with us and get the number 1 seed due to tiebreaker. So logically, and rationally speaking based on your comments, you would rather ole miss lose 3 baseball games, than us win the SEC championship. It?s very simple. If you can?t get over your hatred for them, for our benefit, are you really a true MSU fan?

At the beginning of the season, I won?t ole miss to lose every game in a vacuum. However, if it comes down to a specific situation where them winning helps us, it?s idiotic to not want them to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    We won the SEC title two years ago because we won more games than anyone else in the SEC. Ole Miss had jack shit to do with our SEC title. Getting swept by Florida and dropping games to every SEC West team (except us) is what cost them the title.

You sound like one of those Clarion Ledger douches when you type stuff like that.
    You’re an idiot. One of those games they dropped was to guess who, ole miss. If they win that game, they win SEC. On the last day of the season, we needed Ole miss to win and us to win. Are you going to deny that fact? So are you going to sit here and tell me that in that exact situation, you wanted ole miss to lose?

vCash
    First of all- as far as this season goes I would suspect that Ole Miss losing would probably be good for us in that they are ahead of us in the standings.

The way I look at it if we are in a situation where we need Ole Miss to win to help us- I kind of view that as a win/win situation. First choice would be for Ole Miss to win so that we could get a title or whatever it is. But if they lose- well, at least Ole Miss lost so there's that.

The only real downside is you know the Clarion-Ledger is going to point out ad nauseum that we won because Ole Miss "helped" us. Just like 2016. Although after that ridiculous "Nashville did it" excuse and the backlash that ensued they will probably think twice about doing that next time.

vCash
    17 em hard and dry with a rusty crowbar.

Banned
    vCash

Looking at O.Miss and Arkansas's schedules......

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Looks like us and LSU are both fighting for post season.
    ....it appears to me both have relatively easy paths and both will likely along with the Gators, be national seeds. Florida looks almost unbeatable at times. I think they repeat as CWS Champions. Just don't see anyone else who can beat them 2 out of 3 like what will be required in the CWS Championship. Way to deep in pitching and plenty of power.

vCash
    You?re an idiot. One of those games they dropped was to guess who, ole miss. If they win that game, they win SEC. On the last day of the season, we needed Ole miss to win and us to win. Are you going to deny that fact? So are you going to sit here and tell me that in that exact situation, you wanted ole miss to lose?
    Hey dipshit, if they don't drop ANY of the games they dropped to every other team they lost games to they win the SEC. Why the hell should Ole Miss get ANY credit for OUR title? They were 10% responsible for A&M's SEC losses that year. So were LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama. That's baseball.

Giving TSUN credit for OUR championship is stupid and if you think that's why we won the SEC then you are the idiot, not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Hey dipshit, if they don't drop ANY of the games they dropped to every other team they lost games to they win the SEC. Why the hell should Ole Miss get ANY credit for OUR title? They were 10% responsible for A&M's SEC losses that year. So were LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama. That's baseball.

Giving TSUN credit for OUR championship is stupid and if you think that's why we won the SEC then you are the idiot, not me.
    THANK YOU! Jeez. He is doing the exact thing the Clarion Ledger did and part of the reason we can't even link to them anymore.

If my hatred for Ole Miss makes me not a State fan, then I don't know what to say either. I guess we leave each other dumbfounded Intramural.

vCash
    Rational response: you said there was no scenario you would ever pull for Ole Miss. in 2016, with 3 games remaining, we needed ole miss to win one game against A&M and us sweep Arkansas for us to win the SEC outright. So based on your own admission (never want ole miss to win), you wanted A&M to win all three games and at worst share with us and get the number 1 seed due to tiebreaker. So logically, and rationally speaking based on your comments, you would rather ole miss lose 3 baseball games, than us win the SEC championship. It?s very simple. If you can?t get over your hatred for them, for our benefit, are you really a true MSU fan?

At the beginning of the season, I won?t ole miss to lose every game in a vacuum. However, if it comes down to a specific situation where them winning helps us, it?s idiotic to not want them to win.
    Do you really think that our wishing ole miss to lose or win has anything to do with what happens. I stand by my never have, never will post.

Cause if wishing had anything to do with it, they would be div II and dropping the big three, baseball, football and basketball.

vCash
    Not yes but hell yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I need Ole Miss to lose every game they play in everything ever. This applies to every scenario that has ever existed or will ever exist.
    + infinity. Rep given!

vCash
    Y’all are some ignorant people, and none of y’all have answered my question.

On the last day of the season in 2016, would you rather ole miss win and we win the SEC championship, or would you rather ole miss lose, meaning that we do not win the SEC championship? Based on what you have said, you would rather us not win the SEC championship, which is baffling to me that you would choose ole miss’ demise over our success.

And I’m not saying ole miss is the reason we won because it was a long season, but on the 30th game of he season, we needed their assistance, and I was 100% pulling for hem to beat A&M.

vCash
    I will never root for ole miss. I may root against who they're playing, but I will NEVER root for ole miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I will never root for ole miss. I may root against who they're playing, but I will NEVER root for ole miss.
    Now this is the best way to approach this subject. But in case diplomacy fails "<17>" ole miss.

vCash
    Y?all are some ignorant people, and none of y?all have answered my question.

On the last day of the season in 2016, would you rather ole miss win and we win the SEC championship, or would you rather ole miss lose, meaning that we do not win the SEC championship? Based on what you have said, you would rather us not win the SEC championship, which is baffling to me that you would choose ole miss? demise over our success.

And I?m not saying ole miss is the reason we won because it was a long season, but on the 30th game of he season, we needed their assistance, and I was 100% pulling for hem to beat A&M.
    Because nobody wants to play your "would you rather game". Would you blank your mother to save your father's life? Before you tell me how irrational I am being over your very rational response (because you are the most rational person ever), this is how your questions sound to us. Your answer is either "YES, who wouldn't, obvious". -OR- It's a "I would never do that to my mom" kind of answer. In the end, nobody wants to do something they hate or even acknowledge the notion of such.

Is this an extreme example? Yes. Maybe something like this is better.. Would you chop off your finger for $100000? There's all types of bad scenarios where something good may come of them. I can be happy something good happened without having to pull for or support something bad to happening first. You apparently cannot separate the 2. Just b/c I'm glad some good thing happened doesn't mean I was also pulling for a bad thing to happen just so my good thing could happen.

And by the way, I did want us to win the Championship. I did watch the Ole Miss/A&M game. I was happy after Ole Miss won, but I still wasn't pulling for them. I also get how this might not add up logically to you, but sometimes passion and fandom doesn't follow logic. Sometimes you just go with what you feel and I feel like I want us to succeed and I want them to fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Well said, Sir!

vCash
    My sports "rooting" rules:
    1. Mississippi State should always win, every game, every sport, preferably in a dominating shut-out of the other team. This is the first and greatest sports commandment.
    2. Our rival should always lose, every game, every sport, embarrassingly, except in a situation where a win benefits Mississippi State, and even then it should be a painful, struggling, low-scoring affair resulting in a meager and hollow victory.
    3. The choice of which team or athlete to support in any other contest is based solely on what outcome best serves Mississippi State. If there is no benefit either way, root for schools most like Mississippi State in character, mission, and attitude. Land grant universities, engineering schools, underdogs, salt-of-the-earth reputations are a benefit. Known connections to our rival or prominent families associated with that school are automatic disqualifiers.