Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Gov Cup Game Thread

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Is Smith our 17ing closer? He is ahead two strikes and he hangs a curve your Granny could smash. How is that Hendersons fault. If he had left France in and he got hit, then people say , wtf, where is Smith. Damn didn't we win? Is our team up from the ashes and playing their butts off? Could it be Henderson might be doing ok? Are we 6-1 against top 5 teams? Is that Hendersons fault? It is all subjective. Second guessing is for pussies.
    It was ****ing stupid starting the inning with Neff when both our closers aren't just tossing it around but are hot and ready. Start the inning with one of them instead of trying to steal an out with Neff to get to the LH hitter which he then pulls Neff for! Then it was ****ing stupid to burn France for 1 hitter bc now if it gets tied and goes extras we are down one more pitcher. After that pitcher was hot and effective. So yeah I'm ****ing second guessing and I'm ****ing right. It was terrible mismanagement of the 9th inning but luckily he knew we would just score 2 runs in the bottom half off their closer bc Bianco is stupid too so that makes it ok.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    it could be that Neff had just shut them down in the 8th. If you had brought Smith in at the start of the 9th and he pitched the same--you would be saying damn stupid Henderson why didn't he leave Neff in----the truth is our pitchers 17ed up--if they do their job then Henderson isn't an idiot.
    Part of managing a pen is putting guys in best chance to succeed. Fail. Neff did his job in the 8th. Don't send him back out when you have 2 hot pitchers ready. It's dumb and will always be dumb. As are you on this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Part of managing a pen is putting guys in best chance to succeed. Fail. Neff did his job in the 8th. Don't send him back out when you have 2 hot pitchers ready. It's dumb and will always be dumb. As are you on this.
    It didn't look like Smith was hot and ready, if he was , he would have done his job and not hung a curve with 2 strikes. It is subjective, and my opinion is just as good as yours. Why not send Neff back out in the ninth, where is it written in stone that that is dumb. Henderson didn't think it was dumb. Why are you the all knowing expert on this? If Neff had got the first guy out was it then a dumb decision? Henderson was everyone's best pitching coach ever last year. What did he just lose his ability to make good pitching decisions. He got stupid over the last year? He put capable pitchers in a position to do their job and they failed, why is he stupid? You can have your opinion and I can have mine, neither has to be a dumb opinion. So chill, and be glad we won.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Folks...Henderson didn't want to use up arms tonight even if it is uofm. This weekend is more important.
    I doubt all the coaches on here would understand that.

vCash
    France was hot. After he mowed down Arkansas Friday night, he mowed down the batter he faced in the Gov. cup. What did Henderson say about pulling France after 1 batter? Anybody know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    France was hot. After he mowed down Arkansas Friday night, he mowed down the batter he faced in the Gov. cup. What did Henderson say about pulling France after 1 batter? Anybody know?
    He said it was about "match ups" and it just didn't work out.

He also said that he could understand where Bianco was coming from by walking Mangum which should be a sign that was an awful decision too.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    It didn't look like Smith was hot and ready, if he was , he would have done his job and not hung a curve with 2 strikes. It is subjective, and my opinion is just as good as yours. Why not send Neff back out in the ninth, where is it written in stone that that is dumb. Henderson didn't think it was dumb. Why are you the all knowing expert on this? If Neff had got the first guy out was it then a dumb decision? Henderson was everyone's best pitching coach ever last year. What did he just lose his ability to make good pitching decisions. He got stupid over the last year? He put capable pitchers in a position to do their job and they failed, why is he stupid? You can have your opinion and I can have mine, neither has to be a dumb opinion. So chill, and be glad we won.
    Yes everyone can have an opinion. Yours is just wrong. And that's ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He said it was about "match ups" and it just didn't work out.

He also said that he could understand where Bianco was coming from by walking Mangum which should be a sign that was an awful decision too.
    Both were absolutely stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    I doubt all the coaches on here would understand that.
    I doubt it would make much more difference if France threw 10 more pitches to win the game in the 9th. He already warned up and faced a batter- I doubt getting 2 more outs would make his arm fall off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Yes everyone can have an opinion. Yours is just wrong. And that's ok.
    Thanks, I now feel all warm and fuzzy.