Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious Question About Egg Bowl

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I was calling for us to blitz Abram off the edge and attempt to take Tamiflu's head off the next possession after they injured Nick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I feel pretty smug to bring this up, but does MSU need to retaliate vs Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl?

Over the past 4 years, there have been numerous cheap shots by Ole Miss players towards MSU players. Here are the two most famous, but go watch last year's Egg Bowl & you'll see them trying to hurt KT as well.

The case for retaliation:

The case for retaliation of simple: In baseball, if you hit the other team's best player, your best player will get hit as well. The game regulates itself. Now that OM has clearly taken numerous cheap shots over the past 4 years, MSU needs to retaliate in order to police the game. If MSU does not retaliate, will OM continue to take cheap shots? Does MSU need to retaliate to protect it's own players?

The case for NOT retaliating

The case for not retaliating in also simple: we are better than that..... it's wrong to intentionally hurt players on the other team. Retaliating would cause an escalation in the rivalry rather than toning it down. MSU is morally superior & will not stoop to this level

I realize this is a polarizing topic & there is clearly a politically correct answer here. However, that doesn't mean it's the right answer & I'm really split on what I would do if I were an MSU player. If this type of situation happened in baseball or hockey, you can absolutely bet your ass that there would be retaliation, not to get the other team back, but to police the sport & ensure that other team doesn't get a free pass for a clear trend of overly aggressive play.

What say you?
    Why not just Beat em 66-3, then call it a day....?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Why not just Beat em 66-3, then call it a day....?
    Why give them 3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why give them 3?
    Well, MDL is a Merciful Dark Lord... perhaps YDL won't be,,,,

I wanted Bammer to score 80 in that game (it would have been easy), but Nick's just not a RUTS kinda guy....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I feel pretty smug to bring this up, but does MSU need to retaliate vs Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl?

Over the past 4 years, there have been numerous cheap shots by Ole Miss players towards MSU players. Here are the two most famous, but go watch last year's Egg Bowl & you'll see them trying to hurt KT as well.

The case for retaliation:

The case for retaliation of simple: In baseball, if you hit the other team's best player, your best player will get hit as well. The game regulates itself. Now that OM has clearly taken numerous cheap shots over the past 4 years, MSU needs to retaliate in order to police the game. If MSU does not retaliate, will OM continue to take cheap shots? Does MSU need to retaliate to protect it's own players?

The case for NOT retaliating

The case for not retaliating in also simple: we are better than that..... it's wrong to intentionally hurt players on the other team. Retaliating would cause an escalation in the rivalry rather than toning it down. MSU is morally superior & will not stoop to this level

I realize this is a polarizing topic & there is clearly a politically correct answer here. However, that doesn't mean it's the right answer & I'm really split on what I would do if I were an MSU player. If this type of situation happened in baseball or hockey, you can absolutely bet your ass that there would be retaliation, not to get the other team back, but to police the sport & ensure that other team doesn't get a free pass for a clear trend of overly aggressive play.

What say you?
    This is easy.

A. I don't think you know what smug means

B. The coaches are the adults, they can handle it. It's not up to players, or message board heroes. If the coaches feel like it's happening, they need to approach the SEC and Fat Matt about it and get it handled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    This is easy.

A. I don't think you know what smug means

B. The coaches are the adults, they can handle it. It's not up to players, or message board heroes. If the coaches feel like it's happening, they need to approach the SEC and Fat Matt about it and get it handled.

I’m pretty sure the west sidelines knew exactly what was going on during the 2017 egg bowl. Problem was Simmons was the only one with any give a damn and/or stones to walk out to midfield and call them assholes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What you're hitting on is the answer. protecting your teammates and yourself is fine. But it has to be in the heat of the moment, in the same game. Not 365 days later. That's why when you're qb is cheapshotted by Elston two seconds after the whistle it's acceptable for you're OL to go all "Kyle Turley"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2WyLJ27TdZs
    or Conrad Dobler
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Anything short of their QB lying on the ground with his leg pointing in the wrong direction will be a disappointment to me. And I'm only mildly joking.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    MadDawg, you are alive. Ass of the day?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Don't be evil.... And Ole Miss aren't bullies. You don't stand up to them then they go away. They're narcissistic and arrogant. You don't get can't even with these types of people. There is no limit for how far they'll go to be in control of their world.

I'd much rather just not play them then have to stoop to their level if it came to that. What they've done is bad and evil. This isn't who they were, its who they are. I don't want to be anything like them, ever. I would never be in support of any of our players intentionally taking a cheap shot on anyone ever and I would never applaud it if it happened. You can't defeat evil with more evil. At that point, you've just created more evil.

vCash
    The answer in ANY football game is to legally knock their **** in the dirt. Sherril's first year the linebacker(Coleman I think) that had gotten beaten badly for a running td in Jackson the year before put a legal SLOBBERKNOCKER of a hit on a QB run on their first possession if I remember correctly. He had to leave the game. That is how you payback, every play, every quarter, out hit them....and then run the score up so you can sit on the ball the last quarter for emphasis......JMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    The answer in ANY football game is to legally knock their **** in the dirt. Sherril's first year the linebacker(Coleman I think) that had gotten beaten badly for a running td in Jackson the year before put a legal SLOBBERKNOCKER of a hit on a QB run on their first possession if I remember correctly. He had to leave the game. That is how you payback, every play, every quarter, out hit them....and then run the score up so you can sit on the ball the last quarter for emphasis......JMHO.
    This^^^. Steamroll their ass. Pound them physically every play until they quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Dawg View Post
    This^^^. Steamroll their ass. Pound them physically every play until they quit.
    Doesn't look like that's going to be a problem with the defense we are going to field. The vengeful side of me wants retaliation, but we just need to knock the absolute shit out of them every play. Back when I played in HS a kid from the other team had one of my team mates legs twisting it trying to tear his knee up after the whistle had blown dead. I had about 10 yards head start and decleated the prick. Got a personal foul and about started a brawl but guess what, there was no more of that shit for the rest of the game. If they pull that crap again this year I think you'll see it get handled in a similar fashion.

vCash
    [QUOTE=confucius say;924974]What you're hitting on is the answer. protecting your teammates and yourself is fine. But it has to be in the heat of the moment, in the same game. Not 365 days later. That's why when you're qb is cheapshotted by Elston two seconds after the whistle it's acceptable for you're OL to go all "Kyle Turley"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2WyLJ27TdZs[/QUOTE

Must admit. Turley was totally justified for that one. Dude tried to rip his QBs head off. Turley just returning the favor. And it was the right time to do it, right in the heat of the moment.