Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Game 3 - Sweep the leg!

vCash
    Nobody would have ever seen this coming! Great job by our team!!

vCash
    So, we start off the week with what is probably our worst loss of the season against a bad Memphis team only to follow it with a sweep of the #3 team in the country. At the time we lost to Memphis I didn't really care because I didn't think it mattered in the long run. Now, perhaps it does. Great weekend of baseball nonetheless.

vCash
    Great weekend for the team! One thing about them they keep battling and havent packed it in. Comeback wins against #3 team in a season where it would be easy to just give up. Says a lot about the character of our players. If Henderson hadn't screwed up pitching moves a few times we could actually be looking at a good solid season. Could still wind up ok if the kids keep battling like this.

vCash
    Great Win Dawgs! So Henderson maybe knows more about coaching baseball than a few message board coaches on here. Amazing! Well, Cohen thinks he does too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Great Win Dawgs! So Henderson maybe knows more about coaching baseball than a few message board coaches on here. Amazing! Well, Cohen thinks he does too.
    Wait. what. are you saying he's gonna be our new coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I believe I've seen it all now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

LOL No Scooba. I don't want him to be our head coach and I think he would rather be a pitching coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I believe I've seen it all now.
    I'm glad you have. I am talking about current situation and not future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Mullins to State baseball****

vCash
    Hope Wes Johnson had a nice weekend in Starkville.***

vCash
    Nice sweep! RPI has jumped up to 43 as I type this and every game from here on out is against a top 50 RPI opponent except for the Alabama series which is on the road and they're currently at 66. If we can find a way to win 6 more SEC games, we have a decent chance at getting in as a 3 seed somewhere.

We probably made up for at least the Auburn series which we should have won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Hope Wes Johnson had a nice weekend in Starkville.***
    He's 0-6 on SBW.

vCash
    One thing I will say that’s unrelated to the actual games.. I hate the new back stop. It’s going to cost us a game at some point.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Alexander has drove in 5 this weekend BTW
    Someone probably having a meltdown over this stat.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    One thing I will say that’s unrelated to the actual games.. I hate the new back stop. It’s going to cost us a game at some point.
    Not a fan of the back stop or fake dirt at home plate.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Tuesday night is a big game for us. Win that and we are back in postseason talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's 0-6 on SBW.
    ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Nice sweep! RPI has jumped up to 43 as I type this and every game from here on out is against a top 50 RPI opponent except for the Alabama series which is on the road and they're currently at 66. If we can find a way to win 6 more SEC games, we have a decent chance at getting in as a 3 seed somewhere.

We probably made up for at least the Auburn series which we should have won.
    We are 22-19, 8-10 in conference. RPI of 44.

We have 14 games left as of now. 12 conference (Aggie, ky, Bama, fla) and 2 non conference (miss and at Troy, who is top 40 RPI).

If we can go 6-6 in conference and split the two non conference that would put us at 29-26, 14-16 in conference with what souls be an RPI around 35 (that's a guess on my part). Would that get us in?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Sounds like you pulling against him. In your home park that is a hit all day, on the road 50-50
    That isn't a hit in any ballpark worth it's salt. And I'm not pulling against

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We are 22-19, 8-10 in conference. RPI of 44.

We have 14 games left as of now. 12 conference (Aggie, ky, Bama, fla) and 2 non conference (miss and at Troy, who is top 40 RPI).

If we can go 6-6 in conference and split the two non conference that would put us at 29-26, 14-16 in conference with what souls be an RPI around 35 (that's a guess on my part). Would that get us in?
    It would be close. I'm inclined to say yes with that scenario because I think the committee may give us some leniency because of the Cann situation and then the 14 SEC wins. We probably would need to win a couple in the SEC Tournament to help us out as well. They may also give us a break with the amount of road games we have played as well but you never really know.

So my guess is a three seed somewhere difficult like Oregon State, Stanford, or Texas Tech but if they left us out it wouldn't totally surprise me either.

The biggest thing we need to do- and we will have opportunities to do this almost every time we play- is improve our record of 8-13 against RPI top 50 teams. If we can get that to .500 or better it will help. The biggest mark on our resume that I see is we are 9-5 against RPI group 4 teams (150 and lower) which is essentially another way of saying that we have five really bad losses. Those are against Texas A&M Corpus Christi (RPI 156 at a neutral site), McNeese State (RPI 151 on the road), Utah Valley (RPI 236 in Starkville), Nicholls State (RPI 205 on the road), and Memphis (RPI 216 on the road).

So, we need to pull for Texas A&M CC and McNeese to get their RPI up into the next group of level three which appears possible and hope that the committee takes into account our situation which I think they would if we finish decently.