Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spring game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'm disappointed ... no QB draw inside the 10 WTF **

On a real note ... defense ain't impressing me none at all.
    These posts are awful. Spring games are about individuals, not the teams. Of course offense or defense may not impress, the 17ing players are split. The best D lineman in the nation is hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    James Bond I hope you don't coach football, if that was the only positives you saw, you might want to change professions.
    Was at last year's, and was one of the few here saying we could win 10 and have a shot at bama.

You can take personal shots at me all day long. That doesn't bother me. I stand by what I see.

On the deep ball just then, he elected to throw it into double coverage with a wide open Williams underneath.

Banned
    vCash
    yet everybody was saying how awful FL was based on their spring game. go figure.

vCash
    Score?

vCash
    28-10 Maroon

vCash
    We just can't complete a freakin' fly pattern. Either our WR drops the ball or our QB throws it inaccurately.

vCash

This is a weird statement

Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Left the game..... and I have to say I was not, am not impressed with anything except Hill and Austin Williams.

I know it's a spring game.... but geez. Kick offs sucked, passing game was bad. Passes behind receivers, poor decision making... (several times missing multiple open guys to throw into a mass of people).
    Uncovered kick offs? Bad passes and poor decisions from a 2nd and 3rd string QB to freshmen and sophomore wide receivers in a scrimmage will make you leave the scrimmage you chose to attend? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

vCash
    Was at last year's, and was one of the few here saying we could win 10 and have a shot at bama.

You can take personal shots at me all day long. That doesn't bother me. I stand by what I see.

On the deep ball just then, he elected to throw it into double coverage with a wide open Williams underneath.
    Our ****ing backup QB. Jesus dude. Look at the whole pic. Lmfao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Uncovered kick offs? Bad passes and poor decisions from a 2nd and 3rd string QB to freshmen and sophomore wide receivers in a scrimmage will make you leave the scrimmage you chose to attend? Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Agreed. Yeah I don't get that mentality either. If anyone expected to see a national championship type game in a spring scrimmage with players on the field who want play much if any in the fall, I just don't know what to say. These games are to experiment and see what you need to work on, fix and change. These games are almost as important as nfl or mlb pre season games. The pats always play like crap in preseason. Folks need to lighten up, there's a lot of talent on this team.

vCash

What does your prediction last year have to do with this spring game? I'm just saying, if you are a football coach and you can't take into consideration the new O, there will be some bad reads and missed assignments, you might want to rethink things. Just trying to help buddy. If you're not a football coach, spend more time around one.

Key has made some nice throws. The other qbs won't play anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    These posts are awful. Spring games are about individuals, not the teams. Of course offense or defense may not impress, the 17ing players are split. The best D lineman in the nation is hurt.
    Players are split. If you mean evenly between the teams then you didn't look at the rosters. Maroon was all 1st teamers. White offense started out moving right thru them early on.

vCash
    Left the game..... and I have to say I was not, am not impressed with anything except Hill and Austin Williams.

I know it's a spring game.... but geez. Kick offs sucked, passing game was bad. Passes behind receivers, poor decision making... (several times missing multiple open guys to throw into a mass of people).
    Is your name Marshmallow, Brandon Marshmallow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Williams should have played last year... had a numerous coaches tell me that..
    of course Captain Redshirt DM knows all
    Wellllllll..... we need to see relentless strain in knowing the offense....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Agreed. Yeah I don't get that mentality either. If anyone expected to see a national championship type game in a spring scrimmage with players on the field who want play much if any in the fall, I just don't know what to say. These games are to experiment and see what you need to work on, fix and change. These games are almost as important as nfl or mlb pre season games. The pats always play like crap in preseason. Folks need to lighten up, there's a lot of talent on this team.
    Yep, this not a "real" game. This more like a test drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Players are split. If you mean evenly between the teams then you didn't look at the rosters. Maroon was all 1st teamers. White offense started out moving right thru them early on.
    Damn.

The defense isn't headhunting in a spring game. They're basically playing with one arm behind their back. They can't even tackle the QB for God's sake.

vCash
    Not uncovered kick offs. The kick off itself.

Not 3rd string qbs. The guy who might end up starting. Not passes to bench people.

Don't assume I left because of the game. I never stated that. I said I just left the game. We left to go eat where I watched the rest.

vCash
    Hill and Williams were impressive. KT made some bad throws, but he also made some good ones. The d front 7 is going to be hell on most teams. Nice INT by Murphy
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Not uncovered kick offs. The kick off itself.

Not 3rd string qbs. The guy who might end up starting. Not passes to bench people.

Don't assume I left because of the game. I never stated that. I said I just left the game. We left to go eat where I watched the rest.
    It did seem as if all the kickoffs were short
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Our ****ing backup QB. Jesus dude. Look at the whole pic. Lmfao.
    He was the starter at the end of season, he has taken the first string snaps all spring. He is the starter if Fitz does not make a full recovery or is injured again.

vCash

Thirteen practices into a completely new system...... and less than 10 days from complete install.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.