Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Since rumors are encouraged...

vCash
    Unless he told them Wednesday night or after, this is a bullshit rumor.
    As of Wednesday, players DID NOT KNOW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If Cohen has already got our new head coach lined up who he plans to hire, but plans to not release this information until their last game has been played, then the logical source for a leak right now should be from the upcoming coach's current school, supporters, or the media, and not from MSU related sources, JMO
    I know it is all just hearsay and coach speak but he did not say he was not leaving Louisville he said ?no way he is going to Mississippi State?. All that said he probably has made and offer on Dan?s house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    I know it is all just hearsay and coach speak but he did not say he was not leaving Louisville he said ?no way he is going to Mississippi State?. All that said he probably has made and offer on Dan?s house.
    Nick Saban also stated there was no way he’s going to Alabama and he was perfectly happy in Miami. McDonnell wouldn’t have told the guy anything regardless because he’s still coaching Louisville!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    I’d bet he would have also told your guy he didn’t make contact with MSU and he loves the new Louisville AD as well. Both of those are lies but he would say it anyway.

vCash
    If this rumor is true, it's the stupidest thing imaginable, we are run by Cleveland Brown management

vCash

If the rumor is true, the. you can bank on the coach being Henderson then...

Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    If this rumor is true, it's the stupidest thing imaginable, we are run by Cleveland Brown management
    I don't think it's true by the way.

vCash
    Comment on Genes Page

I want to focus on the part:
    Coach Henderson is doing an outstanding job and deserves consideration as our next head coach.
    Does anyone really want Henderson as our head coach?
    Even the Henderson supporters have to say he would be a VERY underwhelming hire.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I don't think it's true

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Comment on Genes Page

Even the Henderson supporters have to say he would be a VERY underwhelming hire.
    We TAKE coaches from KY, we don't hire ones that were fired from them. Or any other school for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    We TAKE coaches from KY, we don't hire ones that were fired from them. Or any other school for that matter.
    I went over because I thought someone would say this. But I had no idea anyone actually believed what that guy said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Comment on Genes Page

The poster received one direct comment to his post (that I saw), and that was that Henderson was a pretty good pitching coach (not head coach). Our pitching coach is where Henderson would have preferred to still be I'm pretty sure at this particular point in time in his baseball career, and then the Cann fiasco changed that.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-22-2018 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    I can't see why it seems OM never has any issues or worries with anything interfering, or possibly derailing a coaching search they conduct. Maybe they have, but I just can't remember an incident. Maybe it is a OM friendly media, or none of their supporters want to be the "I know first thing"? There are some sports media out there who would really like be the first to break the news of who our new coach will be. If they do obtain this information, I just hope they will use common sense and not derail a potential hire.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-22-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I can't see why it seems OM never has any issues or worries with anything interfering, or possibly derailing a coaching search they conduct. Maybe they have, but I just can't remember an incident. Maybe it is a OM friendly media, or none of their supporters want to be the "I know first thing"? There are some sports media out there who would really like be the first to break the news of who our new coach will be. If they do obtain this information, I just hope they will use common sense and not derail a potential hire.
    tsun don't have extramarital affairs unless rose bowl and Tom Mars are doing work.

Banned
    vCash
    I believe without a doubt that cohen has his man but there is no way he has told the players. I will be absolutely shocked if it's not Tadlock but Corbin and McDonnell are the only other two that wouldn't surprise me. Oh and any of the three would be a slam dunk, touchdown, and grand slam of a hire

vCash
    Well, let's be honest. Their football searches turn out to be underwhelming when they tell their fans that Archie is going to get them Tony Dungy and they end up with Hugh Freeze or Matt Luke. Of course with them their football searches are always only going to be a small circle of coaches because of how their alumni demand to be involved in the program in terms of illegal recruiting and most coaches aren't going to be willing to put their jobs and careers on the line for that. So, their head coaches for the most part are going to be guys like Luke that want the job anyway and have no other real options.

Based on how the Cann hire went which was basically with Manieri even knowing he was interested I think Cohen will handle it well. The thing about 247 and Genespage merging also means that there is less competition between the two and therefore "breaking the news first" isn't as imperative for their business since they are going to be "first" anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I believe without a doubt that cohen has his man but there is no way he has told the players. I will be absolutely shocked if it's not Tadlock but Corbin and McDonnell are the only other two that wouldn't surprise me. Oh and any of the three would be a slam dunk, touchdown, and grand slam of a hire
    Telling the team at this point doesn't make sense because if we do the interim coaches obviously will know too. And that would give them even less incentive to perform more than likely. Even though yes, I'm sure that they all realize that they are probably not coming back anyway. And yes, maybe it wouldn't matter one way or the other but if you are Cohen why would you risk it at this point after the way everything else has gone down so far? Plus with 35 or so college aged players and social media the odds of one of them leaking it out are pretty high and that could mess up someone's season potentially which is the opposite of what Cohen wants to do.

All I know is that he is keeping the team updated on the search- which probably amounts to about what we have gotten in recent interviews about how several good coaches are interested and etc.

My personal belief based on the rumors I have heard is that Cohen probably knows that he has several options at the moment and when the season ends he is going to make the call at that point in time. Which is why we have probably heard several names mentioned. I suspect Cohen will make his final decision sometime between the SEC Tournament and the regionals and then officially pull the trigger once the new coach's season ends.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Wait..I thought it was Tadlock and we were supposed to book mark a thread...
    No Signature

vCash
    That's why we don't do that sometimes. We knew Cann was ford and wanted to warn people to soften the blow, but also didn't see a need to "be first" especially since it was bad news. Other media (social and otherwise) want to break the story. They don't think about what's best for the university. I was really, really hopeful that something could change and Cann could still be saved. Even a 1% chance of that happening was worth waiting on.

That said, I don't give a damn if Louisiville reads on Elitedawgs that their coach is leaving early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    If it leaked, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.
    If it leaked, it probably means the potential coach's agent leaked it and he is playing us or the current team for a bigger payday. There is a small possibility that somebody under Cohen overheard something and was stupid enough to endanger his/her job to leak it. There is a small possibility that the coach himself leaked it to say a wife, who then leaked it.

But in reality, Cohen has probably reached out to a few agents, has gauged interest, knows who his first choice of those indicating an intent to take it and has an idea of the basic terms it will take (years and dollars). We'll see a deal hammered out in less than a week after the completion of their season (unless we end up moving on to a second choice who did not advance as far).

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Wait..I thought it was Tadlock and we were supposed to book mark a thread...
    That's correct. Re-read the post you quoted.... I will be absolutely shocked if it's not Tadlock.