Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Since rumors are encouraged...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    If it's a current college coach, I'm not believing this. this could be only true if it were Showalter.
    Great point. If the rumor is true, it's Showalter or a pro guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Great point. If the rumor is true, it's Showalter or a pro guy.
    Showalter would be a hell of a name get..and likely a good college coach. But he better bring one hell of a staff under him who can recruit.

vCash
    There’s already rumors leaking out that Louisville is going to be in the midst of a coaching search after this year among the big boosters which was reported on this board earlier. This is going to heat up further as we get into May. Do the math guys. Cohen has his man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    There’s already rumors leaking out that Louisville is going to be in the midst of a coaching search after this year among the big boosters which was reported on this board earlier. This is going to heat up further as we get into May. Do the math guys. Cohen has his man.
    If we are hiring one of the guys we think we are.. things might still be "heating up" in june at the cws. Sure wouldn't complain about having your new coach coming off a omaha appearance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    If we are hiring one of the guys we think we are.. things might still be "heating up" in june at the cws. Sure wouldn't complain about having your new coach coming off a omaha appearance.
    I get it but odds are good Louisville won’t make it out of a regional since they have a young team and should be a 2 or 3 seed in someone else’s regional. I think it would benefit us greatly if they go 2 and que and we can get McDonnell in here a week or two later. That’s a huge splash hire no matter when you do it.

vCash
    We aren't getting buck or an mlb guy. Come on now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It’s McDonnell IMO.

vCash
    It’s McDonnell IMO.
    That's realistic. Poaching an mlb team is not

vCash
    Any non-college coach will not be a HR hire. Too much risk in it.

vCash
    Hiring McDonnell accomplishes three interesting things: 1) and most importantly it gets us a coach capable of winning a national championship in baseball, 2) it pisses Ole Miss fans off to absolutely no end as they thought they would get McDonnell when Bianco retired and they absolutely loved McDonnell when he was in Oxford, and 3) and another interesting thing it weakens Louisville and makes recruiting easier for Ming at Kentucky (Cohen and Barnhardt are still great friends).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    It may be a bad rumor and I'll own up to it. But if it's not, I'm not going to beat my chest. You guys will be happy with the hire if it's true.

Understand where I'm coming from out of respect for the athletic department, if it is true. There may be a handshake agreement in place and it's made it's way to the players then made its way to me. Nothing more, nothing less. The players could've been told one thing but usually the information I get is accurate. I trust my guy on this. Time will tell. Makes for good speculation.
    if we hire who you are hearing, that is not confirmation that the rumor was true. It just makes zero sense thar Cohen would tell the players.

Maybe Cohen has his guy and it's leaked out and the players are talking about it.....but that is not the same thing as telling the players.

There is almost no chance Cohen has told the players. Word may have gotten out another way though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    if we hire who you are hearing, that is not confirmation that the rumor was true. It just makes zero sense thar Cohen would tell the players.

Maybe Cohen has his guy and it's leaked out and the players are talking about it.....but that is not the same thing as telling the players.

There is almost no chance Cohen has told the players. Word may have gotten out another way though
    exactly.

vCash

Agree that I don't believe Cohen did that either. Would be very unprofessional and very un-Cohen like.

Banned
    vCash
    when asked recently he said he would not rule it out. he's also in his last year of his MLB contract. now he may of just said that to us to be nice. dunno.

Would be funny too if he did come. Polk crawling back on his knees begging for a shot as an assistant, kissing ass and apologizing and shit. LOL.

Would make a big media splash on the national scene. but Scooba's right on the crootin' side. would need some heavy hitters helping out. But can you imagine Buck walking into a croots home? awesome.

No way it would not be a "HR" hire. just because he's never been a college HC? no sir, that dog doesn't hunt.

Banned
    vCash

If it leaked, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.

vCash
    It?s McDonnell IMO.
    It is not McDonnell

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    It is not McDonnell
    who is it then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    It is not McDonnell
    Says who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Says who?
    I don?t know who it is i just know it is not him..

Talked to a guy whose father knows him.

He called McDonnell and asked point blank and he said he wasn?t coming.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Bringing Cannizzaro back