Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Since rumors are encouraged...

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    I don?t know who it is i just know it is not him..

Talked to a guy whose father knows him.

He called McDonnell and asked point blank and he said he wasn?t coming.
    I have a great job and am not looking to go anywhere....Dan Mullen

vCash
    First of all no coach for another team is going to tell the truth if he is planning to accept another job when he is in the middle of a season. Secondly, Cohen is a very bright guy and he would never tip his hand like that by talking about a hire in mid season. Thirdly, Buck would be a terrible hire. He's too old and his my way or the highway routine would be a disaster with todays players.

Having said all this, I feel from listening to Cohen that he has already secured a new HC. He will announce it at the proper time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    First of all no coach for another team is going to tell the truth if he is planning to accept another job when he is in the middle of a season. Secondly, Cohen is a very bright guy and he would never tip his hand like that by talking about a hire in mid season. Thirdly, Buck would be a terrible hire. He's too old and his my way or the highway routine would be a disaster with todays players.

Having said all this, I feel from listening to Cohen that he has already secured a new HC. He will announce it at the proper time.
    First part correct, your Showalter comment incorrect.

vCash
    Just cashed in all my favors to find out. Know a guy that knows the ironman himself. It'll be Cal Ripken Jr.****
    Last edited by Activated Alpha; 04-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    If it leaked, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.
    leaks can come from either end or the people in the middle.

vCash

That almost settles it. Can you get him to call him back and ask him about pine boxes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Bringing Cannizzaro back
    Don't start that rumor back up. I've had several text me asking me about that in the last week.

vCash
    First part correct, your Showalter comment incorrect.
    Let me be more blunt. Buck is a nasty growling cancer of a coach that gets run out of town everywhere he goes. Would set our program back 10 years. Fortunately John is not that stupid.

vCash
    Let me be more blunt. Buck is a nasty growling cancer of a coach that gets run out of town everywhere he goes. Would set our program back 10 years. Fortunately John is not that stupid.
    I genuinely appreciate your directness. Haha.

Banned
    vCash
    First of all, that bobcat 17ing rocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Showalter

During his first minor league season with the Fort Lauderdale Yankees he picked up the nickname "Buck" from manager Ed Napoleon because of his tendency to sit around the clubhouse "buck naked."[4] (ME) didn't know that LOL.

and eventually succeeded Stump Merrill as the team's manager for the 1992 season. During his four years as the Yankees' manager, the team posted a record of 313–268, finishing first during the strike-shortened season, thereby being named by the Associated Press as the American League Manager of the Year and became the 1995 American League manager for the All-Star Game. The Yankees won the AL wild card in 1995, participating in the playoffs for the first time since 1981. However, they lost to the Seattle Mariners in the Division Series. Following the season, owner George Steinbrenner offered Showalter a new, two-year contract—but demanded that Showalter fire his hitting coach, Rick Down. Showalter was unwilling to do this and resigned.[11] Showalter's ouster was due in part to the playoff loss and other fallouts from the strike.[12][13] It was the second time that the Yankees fired their managers as a result of a strike; the Yankees fired Gene Michael as a result of the 1981 strike.[14][15][16] Showalter finished with a regular season record of 313 wins and 268 losses and a playoff record of two wins and three losses.[17]
    The Yankees won the World Series the following year and they would win the World Series in 4 of the next 5 years. However, Showalter couldn't watch the Yankees win the World Series, saying that "I feel badly for the fans" in New York for what they lost during the 1994 strike.[18] Showalter and Michael are credited with building the teams that won five World Championships,

Showalter managed the 1999 team to a 100–62 record, the best in the National League West, but lost in the NLDS to the New York Mets. Following a mediocre third season, however, the Diamondbacks fired Showalter, leaving him with a 3-year record of 250–236.[17] Just as the Yankees did after replacing him, the Diamondbacks won the World Series the following year.

After a few years as an analyst on ESPN, Buck Showalter was hired as manager of the Texas Rangers on October 11, 2002, following a last-place season under manager Jerry Narron. In his first season with the Rangers, Showalter managed the team to a 71–91 record – again in last place; but following the high-profile, off-season trade which sent Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees, Showalter's Rangers jumped out to an early-season record of 17–9 by early May of the 2004 season. The Rangers stayed in playoff contention for most of the season, performing far better than most had predicted. The Rangers failed to make the playoffs, finishing third in the AL West, though Showalter was again named Manager of the Year. In Showalter's 4 years with the Rangers the team failed to finish better than third (of four teams) in the AL West. He was fired as manager on October 4, 2006. He finished his Rangers career with a 319–329 record.[17]

In his debut as manager on August 3, the Orioles recorded a 6-3 win over the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Oriole Park, leading to a three-game sweep.[23][24] The team's first-ever season series sweep of the Angels was completed by the end of the month.[25] The 2010 Orioles won 34 of 57 games played under Showalter, second only to the Phillies during the same stretch.[1] Showalter became the first manager in MLB history to take over a team in August and coach them to more wins for the remainder of a season, than the team previously had before hiring him.

He managed the 1,000th victory of his major-league career in a 7–1 triumph at Yankee Stadium on May 1, 2012.[26] Showalter finished the 2012 season with a .574 winning percentage, winning 93 games, and ending a streak of losing seasons for the Orioles at 14.
    Under Showalter, the Orioles reached the postseason for the first time since 1997, defeating the Texas Rangers in a one-game playoff on October 5, 2012. The Orioles were later defeated by the New York Yankees in the 2012 American League Division Series, 3 games to 2. Showalter was named the AL Manager of the Year by The Sporting News.[27] He has re-signed through 2018 with the Orioles.[28]
    After finishing out of play-off contention in the 2013 season, Showalter led the 2014 Orioles to the AL East title—the franchise's first in 17 years. The Orioles subsequently swept the Detroit Tigers (3-0) in the ALDS for Showalter's first major league ALDS title, before being swept themselves (4-0) by the Kansas City Royals in the ALCS.

On November 11, 2014, Showalter won his third AL Manager of the Year award, his first since 2004.[29][30][31][32]
    The Orioles finished the 2015 season with an 81–81 record, giving them their fourth consecutive non-losing season. And in 2016, the Orioles finished tied for second in the American League East with an 89–73 record. They made the postseason for the third time in five years, but lost 5–2 in 11 innings to the Toronto Blue Jays during the AL Wild Card game.

ME: Nasty growling cancer of a coach? that always gets "run out of town?" a 4 time MLB coach of the year would set us back 10 years? not understanding. please splain.

vCash
    This is the majors. His contract with the Orioles was not extended and he will be gone at years end. Arizona fired him for among other things not being able to get along with players: same was said in NY.. No one can know how he would recruit because he has no college history. So you want z guy that doesnt play well with others and hasnt had to recruit. No thanks

vCash
    This is the majors. His contract with the Orioles was not extended and he will be gone at years end. Arizona fired him for among other things not being able to get along with players: same was said in NY.. No one can know how he would recruit because he has no college history. So you want z guy that doesnt play well with others and hasnt had to recruit. No thanks
    Screw it..bring him in.. and fire him in 3 years.. and we are then guaranteed to win a NC in the next 2 years.... What are we waiting for? It's a sure bet..

Banned
    vCash
    Did you read about the reasons he was fired from NY and AZ? How he would croot? you kidding me? "Hey dad, Buck Showalter wants to come by and visit, he's been the HC for the NY Yankees, AZ Diamondbacks, and the Baltimore Orioles"

DAD: " No 17 him, I've heard he's an asshole cancer"

that your take?

vCash
    You are using wikipedia as your source. Not the most reliable place to get info

vCash
    If it leak5ed, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.

If it is leaked out it is not from Cohen. He doesn't operate like that. He said how the coaching search would be handled.

vCash

Geez, the last person that is going to tell you he is leaving one school for another is the coach himself. I have no idea who it is but the fact that McDonnell denied he was moving jobs to someone doesn't mean squat one way or the other.

vCash
    If Cohen has already got our new head coach lined up who he plans to hire, but plans to not release this information until their last game has been played, then the logical source for a leak right now should be from the upcoming coach's current school, supporters, or the media, and not from MSU related sources, JMO

vCash
    Did you read about the reasons he was fired from NY and AZ? How he would croot? you kidding me? "Hey dad, Buck Showalter wants to come by and visit, he's been the HC for the NY Yankees, AZ Diamondbacks, and the Baltimore Orioles"

DAD: " No 17 him, I've heard he's an asshole cancer"

that your take?
    Again the only way I could see a MLB guy working in college baseball is if he has a pitching and hitting coach that are elite recruiters and know the college game well from a recruiting aspect. The thing is most MLB guys don't know or have as good a relationship with those types of coaches because they are around MLB people most of the time.

vCash

Exactly. I don’t care who asked who if they weren’t coming if he was coming he’d still say he wasn’t. And why did the friend ask him that in the first place?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Exactly. I don’t care who asked who if they weren’t coming if he was coming he’d still say he wasn’t. And why did the friend ask him that in the first place?
    good question. why would he have asked?