Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Since rumors are encouraged...

vCash

Since rumors are encouraged...

It's making the rounds in Starkville this weekend, Cohen has informed the players who the new baseball coach will be. It's a great hire, if true, and is one of the top coaches in the game.

I really like Cohen as an AD. He is going to do great things for this university and our first national championship will come under him leading our athletics program.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I'm not saying it's not true but i would find it highly stupid to do that. Can't see it. It gets out too easily. But shit why not.

vCash
    You always have great info, but I question this. I assume it would be a coach at a school currently. If Cohen really did this, he might as well just write an article telling who it is for AP bc there is zero chance 18-22 year old can keep it quiet

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Ice raining down in hell...7 and I agree. Just call espn and announce it.

vCash
    That's hard to believe. I can't believe Cohen would tell anyone who the next coach is going to be, unless that person is not presently coaching for another school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I'm not saying it's not true but i would find it highly stupid to do that. Can't see it. It gets out too easily. But shit why not.
    We'll see if it's true. I don't wanna throw a name out just out of respect for our AD and such. We'll see in the next few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Ice raining down in hell...7 and I agree. Just call espn and announce it.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    It's making the rounds in Starkville this weekend, Cohen has informed the players who the new baseball coach will be. It's a great hire, if true, and is one of the top coaches in the game.

I really like Cohen as an AD. He is going to do great things for this university and our first national championship will come under him leading our athletics program.
    This is true. Was told by a few people who?d be in the know that players have basically been told who our new HC is. And FWIW the IB made a hell of a hire

vCash
    I'm NOT suggesting he's the guy but is it possible that Buck Showalter could be a possibility. He didn't rule it out at the Mississippi College banquet back in the fall. He also said his is the last year of his contract with the Orioles.

vCash
    I think this is a bad rumor.

No one knows except Cohen and the guy. Trust me....

If the players knew, the media would already have it and it would be incredibly unclassy of MSU to disrupt that current coach's season by releasing it before the season is over.

Only way telling anyone now would make any sense is if the new coach is currently out of coaching.

vCash
    It's a rumor going around Starkville, players know, but you won't say who it is? Why say anything at all?

vCash
    Well if they do have the coach more then just Cohen knows who it is.

vCash

vCash
    If Cohen is telling the players who the coach is this early and before the deal has officially been closed....then he is not nearly as smart and as savy as we thought.

vCash
    I still say it’s either McDonnell, Tadlock, or Corbin....

vCash
    Rumors are encouraged. But logic should be required. There is no way Cohen would do this. Say he did, and it's making it's way through town this weekend. There would be a story in our local paper and possible the coach's local paper also. The coach would be asked. have to deny. akward situation... then at the end of the season, we wait and see if they have a change of heart and get a big pay raise or not. Nothing is done yet...

vCash
    It may be a bad rumor and I'll own up to it. But if it's not, I'm not going to beat my chest. You guys will be happy with the hire if it's true.

Understand where I'm coming from out of respect for the athletic department, if it is true. There may be a handshake agreement in place and it's made it's way to the players then made its way to me. Nothing more, nothing less. The players could've been told one thing but usually the information I get is accurate. I trust my guy on this. Time will tell. Makes for good speculation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    It may be a bad rumor and I'll own up to it. But if it's not, I'm not going to beat my chest. You guys will be happy with the hire if it's true.

Understand where I'm coming from out of respect for the athletic department, if it is true. There may be a handshake agreement in place and it's made it's way to the players then made its way to me. Nothing more, nothing less. The players could've been told one thing but usually the information I get is accurate. I trust my guy on this. Time will tell. Makes for good speculation.

Yep.. i don't blame you for posting.. it's a very interesting situation we are in. Hopefully we are locked in and will get this "first" choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Classic

Banned
    vCash
    If it's a current college coach, I'm not believing this. this could be only true if it were Showalter.