Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm wondering if the animosity here is normal.

vCash

I'm wondering if the animosity here is normal.

I don't spend much time on other sports boards, but it seems there is a lot of hostility on display here, even aside from the coffee fiasco. Between posters, between owners/moderators, even directed at our own players.

This is a pretty good time to be a State fan. So I'm not sure where the negativity is coming from other than a few type A personalities working off their aggressions.

I've had my own lapses.

But I don't think that is what most of us are logging on to see.

We all want the best for MSU. We all hope for big wins and worry about embarrassing losses.

I don't have anything profound to add. But I'm betting I am in the same boat with others who too often find this site a less pleasant place to visit than it ought to be.

Banned
    vCash
    Welcome to Trump's internet. Not trying to make this political but when the POTUS is the biggest antagonizer in the history of the internet everyone else becomes enabled. That's a fact not an opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Welcome to Trump's internet. Not trying to make this political but when the POTUS is the biggest antagonizer in the history of the internet everyone else becomes enabled. That's a fact not an opinion.
    Not trying to make it political? GTFOOH with that BS. Take that shit to the political board.

vCash
    I think you have a few things going on to create a perfect storm -
    First - what D61 says.
    Second - Baseball is the suck and that has many people pissy.
    Third -You have a board founded in part by a guy who bragged about his ability to piss people off. He was our own Scut Farkus, and a collective of Ralphie's finally had enough and seized an opportunity and fought back.

We definitely need a distraction this weekend.

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    You guys Frickin serious? Trumps fault this board is full of animosity? Get a hold of reality. FFS.

vCash
    Leadership???

Sheep???

vCash
    Animosity is quite normal from my experience on here, tRant, chop country, and sps

vCash
    Let's not insult our collective intelligence and act like hostility behind the safety and anonymity of a keyboard is anything new in the Trump era. When you have a large community of many different dispositions and walks of life coming together to discuss a common, passionate interest, it's human nature for some bad feelings to arise. It does seem to be a little worse at lately however; likely due to several polarizing events occurring in quick succession.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Animosity is quite normal from my experience on here, tRant, chop country, and sps
    All these places and many more. Like twitter, Instagram and Facebook. You can't go anywhere online without it. It's everyone's new IP address.

vCash
    It was this way before Trump
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Not even remotely close to this extent. Now a huge part of that is just everyone's learning of almost zero consequences from being a keyboard cowboy but Trump has greatly sped up that natural losing of one's "inhibitions" online. When Twitter won't ban the biggest troll it empowers others to act similarly. Don't say it doesn't you'll be lying.

vCash
    Not even remotely close to this extent. Now a huge part of that is just everyone's learning of almost zero consequences from being a keyboard cowboy but Trump has greatly sped up that natural losing of one's "inhibitions" online. When Twitter won't ban the biggest troll it empowers others to act similarly. Don't say it doesn't you'll be lying.
    Ok there’s no reasoning with you. The stuff going on with C34 is about C34. Not trump. C34 has been this way online for a long time. Posters on this board have been this way a long time.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Fo real.

If you are blaming message board animosity on trump, you are need to sit down and breathe deeply. I'm far from a big trump guy too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Let's not insult our collective intelligence and act like hostility behind the safety and anonymity of a keyboard is anything new in the Trump era. When you have a large community of many different dispositions and walks of life coming together to discuss a common, passionate interest, it's human nature for some bad feelings to arise. It does seem to be a little worse at lately however; likely due to several polarizing events occurring in quick succession.
    Here is why I agree with D61 -

Maybe you shouldn't label it as Trump's Internet (although I'm sure that if he thought he could brand it and make money off of it he would have) - however we are in an age where the leader of the free world uses Twitter to launch personal attacks on international leaders, corporations he doesn't like, policy he doesn't like, the media he doesn't like, etc., so why should we be surprised that message board angst is a thing. It's more eligant than saying, "dude, where have you been, even the President picks fight in the Internet nowadays."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Here is why I agree with D61 -

Maybe you shouldn't label it as Trump's Internet (although I'm sure that if he thought he could brand it and make money off of it he would have) - however we are in an age where the leader of the free world uses Twitter to launch personal attacks on international leaders, corporations he doesn't like, policy he doesn't like, the media he doesn't like, etc., so why should we be surprised that message board angst is a thing. It's more eligant than saying, "dude, where have you been, even the President picks fight in the Internet nowadays."
    C34 was the most hated poster on SPS before this site began. ISID and will James argued in baseball game threads 3 days after the game was played. There was and still is major animosity between ED and SPS. Who knew that animosity was based on fact trump would be president one day?

vCash
    The reason I post here more often is because people here seem to be more respectful to be honest. Not that there aren't moments when people are jerks but in general it is a little more civil it seems like.

vCash
    It's Al Gore's internet.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The reason I post here more often is because people here seem to be more respectful to be honest. Not that there aren't moments when people are jerks but in general it is a little more civil it seems like.
    I would agree with this. ED certainly has its fair share of cynicism and ribbing, but I think the vast majority of both come from the right place.

vCash
    How long have you been on the internet?

vCash
    It was her turn,boo hoo hoo