Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurts

vCash

Hurts

rumored to be transferring from Bama if he doesn't win the starting job.

Interesting..

vCash
    He'd be an idiot to stay at Bama

Saban has already shown that he's pulling him from the game and putting in Tua if he struggles.

Therefore, IMO, it doesn't matter if he wins the job or not. Tua is playing once Hurts struggles and Tua will
    Ultimately be the QB no matter what the depth chart says.

It's inevitable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    rumored to be transferring from Bama if he doesn't win the starting job.

Interesting..
    It is interesting, but not surprising I guess. He'd have 2 years of eligibility left, right? If he's not the starter for Bama this year, he probably wouldn't be again, so may as well leave.

vCash
    He would probably be better dropping down a division if he is going to transfer.

vCash
    Oh it's definitely not surprising. I just think it'll be interesting to see where he ends up

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Oh it's definitely not surprising. I just think it'll be interesting to see where he ends up
    My guess is Florida Atlantic
    No Signature

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He'll definitely end up at a P5 school imo. You put him in a Mullen style power read option spread he'd kill it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    It is interesting, but not surprising I guess. He'd have 2 years of eligibility left, right? If he's not the starter for Bama this year, he probably wouldn't be again, so may as well leave.
    He's not going to be the starter at Bama for the duration of the season. The national title game sealed that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He'll definitely end up at a P5 school imo. You put him in a Mullen style power read option spread he'd kill it.
    Texas. This is where I thought he would end up all along

vCash
    I would think Saban blocks all sec west schools and anyone they play from the east if not all sec schools if he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I would think Saban blocks all sec west schools and anyone they play from the east if not all sec schools if he can.
    Another woulda coulda shoulda story about someone choosing Bama over State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Another woulda coulda shoulda story about someone choosing Bama over State.
    I would be using stuff like this in recruiting against Bama.

vCash
    FAU would be perfect for him. Knows the offense and Kiffin.

Not surprising that he would transfer. Personally, i don’t think he’s that great of a passer and his best bet to make it in the nfl would be to switch positions. Good size, good athlete and built like a truck. He lowered his shoulder ona few of our guys and kept going a number of times.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    And speaking of Mullen, he?d take him at UF in a hearhbeat I?d bet. Weren?t he and Dan pretty close, to the point he gave us some consideration during his recruitment.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He'd be an idiot to stay at Bama

Saban has already shown that he's pulling him from the game and putting in Tua if he struggles.

Therefore, IMO, it doesn't matter if he wins the job or not. Tua is playing once Hurts struggles and Tua will
    Ultimately be the QB no matter what the depth chart says.

It's inevitable.
    You're writing off a good player too soon. He's still 19 and with his mental makeup I could see him beating out Tua for the job. He is the kind of kid that could improve with proper motivation. His dad prob won't let him transfer bc he's the kind to run from a challenge either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    And speaking of Mullen, he?d take him at UF in a hearhbeat I?d bet. Weren?t he and Dan pretty close, to the point he gave us some consideration during his recruitment.?
    I'm sure Mullen and team would reach out to him immediately if/when he announces transferring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    You're writing off a good player too soon. He's still 19 and with his mental makeup I could see him beating out Tua for the job. He is the kind of kid that could improve with proper motivation. His dad prob won't let him transfer bc he's the kind to run from a challenge either.
    There is no beating out Tua.

There is only being the starter till he struggles. After what happened last year, it's clear who Saban prefers & thinks has the higher ceiling, not to mention that crazy fan base going nuts the first time Hurts makes a mistake.

There is virtually no chance of a happy ending for Hurts at Bama regardless if he "wins" the starting job or not.

vCash
    I thought he'd already transferred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I thought he'd already transferred.
    He should have.

It's complete delusion on his part to stay

vCash
    Sit one year and then play at Texas. Mullen would lose his crap to get him but Saban isn't letting him in the SEC. He's basically a more polished and athletic Relf. Saban doesn't know what he wants to do on offense.