Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
I don't really blame Cohen for cann. We weren't pulling a proven HC in November after Cohen took the AD gig. Cann appeared to be a good coach with a promising future after 2017. Stacked recruiting classes, a super regional appearance, best stadium in the country incoming, we were all stoked for the future under cann. No one could predict that he wouldn't be able to keep his dick in his pants and would be more interested in sexting his side piece instead of coaching the team heading into year 2. Cohen now has an opportunity to make a hire in the normal course of coaching turnover (vs. a hire after fall practice), and I can't imagine there will be a more desirable gig out there come the end of the season than MSU. I understand why he hired an unknown giving the timing before, but there no excuse to not go get a guy with a proven track record this time around because timing ain't an excuse.
Cohen is certainly partially to blame. If we have the interest that we allegedly do now I guarantee that we would have had the same interest in our job and a much larger pool to draw from than we did in November of 2016 by going through 2017 with Henderson as the interim coach and then hiring someone elite in the offseason.