Thread: Baseball the last 10 years....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    we are without a doubt at a fork in the road. If Cohen makes the right hire we are back in business.....if he makes a mediocre hire like the Cann fiasco then we are screwed for a decade...
    I don't really blame Cohen for cann. We weren't pulling a proven HC in November after Cohen took the AD gig. Cann appeared to be a good coach with a promising future after 2017. Stacked recruiting classes, a super regional appearance, best stadium in the country incoming, we were all stoked for the future under cann. No one could predict that he wouldn't be able to keep his dick in his pants and would be more interested in sexting his side piece instead of coaching the team heading into year 2. Cohen now has an opportunity to make a hire in the normal course of coaching turnover (vs. a hire after fall practice), and I can't imagine there will be a more desirable gig out there come the end of the season than MSU. I understand why he hired an unknown giving the timing before, but there no excuse to not go get a guy with a proven track record this time around because timing ain't an excuse.

I do think the right hire will turn us around overnight. There is no excuse to not at least be a regional team next year, and by 2020 be competing for a national seed/sec title/CWS spot, and that should be the status quo moving forward. Otherwise why even invest in the facilities like we have if we are going to merely expect a 3 year cycle of losing/mediocre season > regional > maybe CWS > start over. We should be able to restock, not rebuild, and the right hire will have our down years as 2 seeds in a regional, not a losing record.
    Last edited by dawgs; 04-19-2018 at 06:07 PM.