Thread: NBA Playoffs........

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

NBA Playoffs........

Is anyone keeping up with the playoffs thus far?

My Pels have a commanding 2-0 lead after two road W's and have our first home game tomorrow night. Haven't heard as much buzz around town about a basketball game since CP3 was here and this team is much better than the 2011 playoff team. Can't wait to get into the Blender tomorrow night and experience the atmosphere.

I'm sure most have not paid attention to the Pelican's regular season due to proximity, but to get where they are right now they had to battle down the stretch to make the playoffs. The last few weeks played like playoff games with only 1-2 game difference, determining #3 seed and not making playoffs. Lost Cousins right before all star break and playoffs looked bleak. The team has a legitimate shot at making Western conference finals if they keep playing the way they have been. Howland disciple Jrue Holiday has turned into a top tier player this season and has been a difference maker over the last month.

Overall the playoffs have been decent and competitive in the first round. And C34's boy Rodney Hood is in the playoffs with the Cavs.

vCash
    I don't watch NBA, except for the playoffs. I don't have a favorite team, but I always root for LeBron; and this year, I'm pulling for the Sixers because they are a young team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Is anyone keeping up with the playoffs thus far?

My Pels have a commanding 2-0 lead after two road W's and have our first home game tomorrow night. Haven't heard as much buzz around town about a basketball game since CP3 was here and this team is much better than the 2011 playoff team. Can't wait to get into the Blender tomorrow night and experience the atmosphere.

I'm sure most have not paid attention to the Pelican's regular season due to proximity, but to get where they are right now they had to battle down the stretch to make the playoffs. The last few weeks played like playoff games with only 1-2 game difference, determining #3 seed and not making playoffs. Lost Cousins right before all star break and playoffs looked bleak. The team has a legitimate shot at making Western conference finals if they keep playing the way they have been. Howland disciple Jrue Holiday has turned into a top tier player this season and has been a difference maker over the last month.

Overall the playoffs have been decent and competitive in the first round. And C34's boy Rodney Hood is in the playoffs with the Cavs.
    I'm rootin' for the Pelicans, too. I'm glad to see Rondo doing well; I've always like him.

Still rootin' for 'Bron, mainly, though. Also glad to see Hood with the Cavs. He's been playing well with James. I'm happy he has this chance.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Nope, NHL playoffs are a lot more entertaining and the Preds are kicking ass.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Bout time for tip-off. Can Pels sweep.

vCash
    I gave up on the NBA years ago. I would get interested again if we could get some players in the league.

vCash
    Been really impressed w pelicans so far. Makes me wonder if they would be as good, better, or worse w a healthy boogie. After a couple predictable years in a row, I think this playoffs will be a really good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Bout time for tip-off. Can Pels sweep.
    Rondo looks rejuvenated. I'm lovin' it.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Bout time to bust out the push brooms in Nola.

Referees have done all they can to keep Portland in this one. Even to ththe extent of allowing two bend clearing incidents. Reminds me is a MAU basketball game we are leading when we aren?t suppose to. Refs completely lop aided. Only difference is Jrue, AD and Niko are too much for Portland and refs.