Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State and the media

Banned
    vCash
    Todd4State is right. It's the view of 'most' Mississippi people. Mississippi as a whole does has low confidence, so naturally, people prey on that. Now, we all know why this happens, it's human nature, people like to put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

The exception to this is Ole Miss. They don't get the same treatment by and large. Why? Because by and large, Ole Miss has an inflated view of itself, they have confidence, fake or not, it doesn't matter. They take up for themselves and their school, and deep down, they believe it. MSU people should take note of this.

You want people to respect you? Look in the mirror, change the way you carry yourself. Be proud of Mississippi. Running to the defensive bears out the stereotype. Mississippi has a lot of problems but who cares, it's my home and I like it

Before anyone starts digging into details, I'm speaking in very general terms here, big picture. I know there are some defensive moronic Ole Miss fans out there. I'm more trying to put my finger on the collective pulse of the people

vCash
    Want things to change? Start promoting everything good MSU stands for. Be proud and don't take a back seat to anyone ESPECIALLY om.

MSU is a GOOD athletic program top to bottom. Om is trash when it comes to athletics.

Don't let these media guys pump that om sunshine. Every time you see it you should call that writer out and ask why they support racism. Writers in the South don't care as much about how racist om really is but media in the North and out West would love to hang om by their own racism. It's so crazy they've made it this far with the names "ole miss" and "rebels". It's f***ing pathetic and embarrassing. But nobody ever calls them out on it.

Be proud Bulldogs. Our campus is just as beautiful or better, we win more than they do in sports, they're racist and you can point to different instances in literally every decade, they can't hire a name brand coach, they cheat their asses off AND STILL CAN'T WIN, etc. F*** what they did in the 60s in football. They are so irrelevant in virtually every way.

Don't take a backseat to these shits including their media. Call their asses out. Make it public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Ole Miss has an inflated view of itself
    Brandon Marcello is the Ole Miss of beat writers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It does matter though. Perception matters in recruiting and MSU people have allowed instate and out of state media to run down the perception of MSU, Starkville, and the state of Mississippi for entirely too long.

What you view as people worried about something that doesn't matter, I view as AT LAST the MSU fanebse is showing the pride and care quotient it takes to win big.

As a fanbase, we've never had a spine.
    This is a great post and it's dead on.