Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: C34

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    The irony here of someone talking about something they know nothing about is hilarious to me.
    Hitting a little too close on the nail head?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    And you can bet one thing... the deletion of the threads only occurred after the Mod made it personal
    Dude...he plugged the pyramid scheme he 'invested' in on the board...then deleted any posts or threads that expressed disagreement with that...then pinned and locked his initial thread so it would stay at the top.

Whatever 'it' was, he definitely started it.

vCash
    And you can bet one thing... the deletion of the threads only occurred after the Mod made it personal
    That's not true. At. All.

He started deleting comments in the initial thread almost immediately. He then locked said thread (and pinned it to the top) so no more comments could be made. So in response to that, posters started new threads discussing the topic. Which he then started deleting as fast as they popped up.

It boggles my mind why you're so relentlessly defending 34's ability to act that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Dude...he plugged the pyramid scheme he 'invested' in on the board...then deleted any posts or threads that expressed disagreement with that...then pinned and locked his initial thread so it would stay at the top.

This^^

vCash

I agree that plugging the coffee was not wise but this is more about how much authority a mod should have over an owner

vCash
    He isn?t banned and the majority of his badgering was a coordinated effort amongst owners of the board. He was just the guinea pig that posted it.
    Yes- that Behr

Banned
    vCash
    Only 1 poster was banned by C34 that day and that was an alter- Relardo Sidney
    I got banned? Shiiiiiit I just got back from Tunica's Prime Rib buffet week. What'd I miss? I know it ain't draining 3's bitches I don't miss those!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Relardo Sidney View Post
    I got banned? Shiiiiiit I just got back from Tunica's Prime Rib buffet week. What'd I miss? I know it ain't draining 3's bitches I don't miss those!
    I guess you didn't get that reach around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That's not true. At. All.

He started deleting comments in the initial thread almost immediately. He then locked said thread (and pinned it to the top) so no more comments could be made. So in response to that, posters started new threads discussing the topic. Which he then started deleting as fast as they popped up.

It boggles my mind why you're so relentlessly defending 34's ability to act that way.
    It boggles my mind that a mod can undo things that a owner does. That's the bottom line. Was c34 in the wrong? Sure but regardless no mod should be allowed to take it upon himself to try to do whatever he wants.

vCash
    the thread was locked after 6 posts. It was there for people to see- if they didn’t want anything to do with it? Ok
    But the Mod kept unlocking to make a big deal out of it. Sorry but owner trumps mod

vCash
    It boggles my mind that a mod can undo things that a owner does. That's the bottom line. Was c34 in the wrong? Sure but regardless no mod should be allowed to take it upon himself to try to do whatever he wants.
    Checks and Balances.

vCash
    Shouldn't you be taking this up with the other owners? They're owners, so the mods have exactly as much power as the owners want them to have.

I'm extremely curious as to why you care this much about the level of authority a mod has over an owner. What does it matter to you? Said owner did something a huge majority of the board disliked, so I'm not sure why anyone has a real problem with it. Why do you, a non-owner, care about what a mod can or can't do to an owner?

Or heck, you said if C34 wanted, he'd be back and this mod would be gone. So isn't your beef really with C34?

vCash
    the thread was locked after 6 posts. It was there for people to see- if they didn’t want anything to do with it? Ok
    But the Mod kept unlocking to make a big deal out of it. Sorry but owner trumps mod
    ISWYDT**

vCash
    Shouldn't you be taking this up with the other owners? They're owners, so the mods have exactly as much power as the owners want them to have.

I'm extremely curious as to why you care this much about the level of authority a mod has over an owner. What does it matter to you? Said owner did something a huge majority of the board disliked, so I'm not sure why anyone has a real problem with it. Why do you, a non-owner, care about what a mod can or can't do to an owner?
    Because I'm a part of the board. Do you care if a congressman can outrank the president?

vCash
    Because I'm a part of the board. Do you care if a congressman can outrank the president?
    Lol...terrible analogy, Matt. That is precisely why we have checks and balances, and that also applies to the POTUS...in a big way.

vCash
    No one but you, preacher, cares about the administrative hierarchy on a free message board. Everyone else's problem is with the abuse of power to pitch a pyramid scheme and silence detractors.

vCash
    This situation is in no way comparable to that...but if the President had the ability to invade my life with his own snake oil interests and then get rid of any opposition to him...then yeah, I would support a congressman being able to counter that.

Or do you support a President's ability to do whatever the heck he pleases at any point in time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    No one but you, preacher, cares about the administrative hierarchy on a free message board. Everyone else's problem is with the abuse of power to pitch a pyramid scheme and silence detractors.
    Correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Oh more ppl care than you know.

vCash
    This situation is in no way comparable to that...but if the President had the ability to invade my life with his own snake oil interests and then get rid of any opposition to him...then yeah, I would support a congressman being able to counter that.

Or do you support a President's ability to do whatever the heck he pleases at any point in time?
    A group of congressmen... not a single one. That's what happened here.