I'm speculating here that this is to prevent Ole Miss from trying to hire him back in two years after Luke falls on his face and they get tired of getting their ass kicked. Which is the only reason why they hired him to replace Nutt in the first place- because everyone was kicking their ass- including us which you know is going to make them go nuclear after three years in a row plus Dan Mullen smack on top of it- and they know that the only way they are going to get people to go to school there to play football is if they pay them, their family, get their family a "job", and pay off their shady uncle. That or hope that Jackson Prep suddenly has about 20 legit D-I prospects on the team while South Panola returns to their dominant form of a few years ago.

But anyway- after the light BS sentence the NCAA gave them and Freeze I figured that they would try to hire Freeze back. And you know their fans will be all for it. The redemption and forgiveness tour sponsored by Chip at Pinelake (And I have nothing against Pinelake but Chip is a dumbass for hitching his wagon to the Hugh Freeze train) has already started. So I figure after 2020 they were going to be "Hugh is a changed man! Who among us hasn't been with a prostitute before? KING SOLOMAN!"

But now it looks like Greg Sankey has stepped in and is doing what the NCAA should have done. At the very least banning him from the SEC for life. Ole Miss hiring Hugh Freeze would be worse than when we hired Jackie. Even if they go limp on Ole Miss again and I'm pretty sure Sankey doesn't want the SEC to have a school constantly being investigated if he can help it. And hiring Hugh Freeze back would be pretty much inviting the NCAA back to set up a shop in Oxford.