Thread: Sankey blocking Freeze from being hired in the SEC

vCash

Sankey blocking Freeze from being hired in the SEC

I'm speculating here that this is to prevent Ole Miss from trying to hire him back in two years after Luke falls on his face and they get tired of getting their ass kicked. Which is the only reason why they hired him to replace Nutt in the first place- because everyone was kicking their ass- including us which you know is going to make them go nuclear after three years in a row plus Dan Mullen smack on top of it- and they know that the only way they are going to get people to go to school there to play football is if they pay them, their family, get their family a "job", and pay off their shady uncle. That or hope that Jackson Prep suddenly has about 20 legit D-I prospects on the team while South Panola returns to their dominant form of a few years ago.

But anyway- after the light BS sentence the NCAA gave them and Freeze I figured that they would try to hire Freeze back. And you know their fans will be all for it. The redemption and forgiveness tour sponsored by Chip at Pinelake (And I have nothing against Pinelake but Chip is a dumbass for hitching his wagon to the Hugh Freeze train) has already started. So I figure after 2020 they were going to be "Hugh is a changed man! Who among us hasn't been with a prostitute before? KING SOLOMAN!"

But now it looks like Greg Sankey has stepped in and is doing what the NCAA should have done. At the very least banning him from the SEC for life. Ole Miss hiring Hugh Freeze would be worse than when we hired Jackie. Even if they go limp on Ole Miss again and I'm pretty sure Sankey doesn't want the SEC to have a school constantly being investigated if he can help it. And hiring Hugh Freeze back would be pretty much inviting the NCAA back to set up a shop in Oxford.

vCash
    I don't think they were ever going to hire Freeze again. We won't ever hire Cannizaro again and he did far less. There are plenty of coaches out there. Freeze and Cannizaro will emerge again but it will be elsewhere. Like Mike Vick and the Falcons.

vCash
    I'd think Freeze would be pretty easy to recruit against nowadays and also have a big target on his back from the NCAA

vCash
    Same thinking as Matty......I can't see an OM supporter, who doesn't view, and post on the OM message boards, wanting Freeze back at OM. The ones, I know are hurt and upset over what happened at their school. Nor do I see the ones who call the shots on the OM football program wanting him back. Now message board posters? Not surprising if some of them do. I guess anything is possible, but I just don't see Freeze back at OM.

vCash
    Freeze will be rehired by Ole Miss and the NCAA will praise them for giving him a second chance. At this point I think the NCAA is just running one big joke to **** with people .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm speculating here that this is to prevent Ole Miss from trying to hire him back in two years after Luke falls on his face and they get tired of getting their ass kicked. Which is the only reason why they hired him to replace Nutt in the first place- because everyone was kicking their ass- including us which you know is going to make them go nuclear after three years in a row plus Dan Mullen smack on top of it- and they know that the only way they are going to get people to go to school there to play football is if they pay them, their family, get their family a "job", and pay off their shady uncle. That or hope that Jackson Prep suddenly has about 20 legit D-I prospects on the team while South Panola returns to their dominant form of a few years ago.

But anyway- after the light BS sentence the NCAA gave them and Freeze I figured that they would try to hire Freeze back. And you know their fans will be all for it. The redemption and forgiveness tour sponsored by Chip at Pinelake (And I have nothing against Pinelake but Chip is a dumbass for hitching his wagon to the Hugh Freeze train) has already started. So I figure after 2020 they were going to be "Hugh is a changed man! Who among us hasn't been with a prostitute before? KING SOLOMAN!"

But now it looks like Greg Sankey has stepped in and is doing what the NCAA should have done. At the very least banning him from the SEC for life. Ole Miss hiring Hugh Freeze would be worse than when we hired Jackie. Even if they go limp on Ole Miss again and I'm pretty sure Sankey doesn't want the SEC to have a school constantly being investigated if he can help it. And hiring Hugh Freeze back would be pretty much inviting the NCAA back to set up a shop in Oxford.

It was reported by Al.com, that back in January, Nick Saban wanted to hire Freeze as his Co-OC and as a position coach. For some reason, Saban thinks highly of him, and thinks he a good coach that could help Bama's football program. That would really look bad for the SEC if that happened, since OM was on probation, and Bama would be hiring the coach that helped put them there (or as the article says while under his watch).

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...between_h.html
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-17-2018 at 07:59 AM.

vCash
    Saban lost all respect from me for that. Shows me what type of person he really Is.. Shitbirds of a feather flock together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    I don't think they were ever going to hire Freeze again. We won't ever hire Cannizaro again and he did far less. There are plenty of coaches out there. Freeze and Cannizaro will emerge again but it will be elsewhere. Like Mike Vick and the Falcons.
    Ole Miss would've never fired Cannizaro for what he did. They would've covered it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    They ARE Ole Miss. They will hire him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Ole Miss would've never fired Cannizaro for what he did. They would've covered it up.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Saban lost all respect from me for that. Shows me what type of person he really Is.. Shitbirds of a feather flock together.
    I agree and this surprised the heck out of me. Freeze is not a good coach. He was terrible at actually coaching. He bought elite athletes that made a few plays against Bama. I was shocked that Saban even considered hiring him.....if he really did. They do have the same agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Same thinking as Matty......I can't see an OM supporter, who doesn't view, and post on the OM message boards, wanting Freeze back at OM. The ones, I know are hurt and upset over what happened at their school. Nor do I see the ones who call the shots on the OM football program wanting him back. Now message board posters? Not surprising if some of them do. I guess anything is possible, but I just don't see Freeze back at OM.
    It just depends on how things go moving forward (both for Freeze and UM). If Freeze spends a few years in mid major purgatory, or maybe as a coordinator of a blue blood team, and looks like Ole Miss's best potential coach, there will be a push to hire him. It may split their fan base, but it's definitely a possibility. And honestly, if they're not scared of the NCAA, why wouldn't they hire him back? It's a little embarrassing, but they are already signed off on operating a certain way. It'd be kind of foolish to be too embarrassed to hire Freeze back just because other people are aware of how he operates, unless there are tangible impacts such as NCAA investigations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree and this surprised the heck out of me. Freeze is not a good coach. He was terrible at actually coaching. He bought elite athletes that made a few plays against Bama. I was shocked that Saban even considered hiring him.....if he really did. They do have the same agent.
    Saban did hire Lane Kiffen too. It probably would have turned out the same way.

vCash
    He was a better coach than *******...

vCash
    Lawsuit coming? Could be interesting
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    He wasn't a great coach. But he was pretty good at some things. He was good at getting the ball to playmakers. He was able to make Bo Wallace into a reasonably dangerous weapon (although granted sometimes dangerous to his own team). He hid some pretty big weaknesses on OL. Certainly I can see how Saban would want to try to incorporate some of his ideas. Not sure how many of his ideas didn't come with pretty big downsides though (e.g., I'm not sure his system being able to hide weakness on OL wasn't related to his inability to establish a running game, ever).

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    It was reported by Al.com, that back in January, Nick Saban wanted to hire Freeze as his Co-OC and as a position coach. For some reason, Saban thinks highly of him, and thinks he a good coach that could help Bama's football program. That would really look bad for the SEC if that happened, since OM was on probation, and Bama would be hiring the coach that helped put them there (or as the article says while under his watch).

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...between_h.html
    Saban probably thinks highly of Freeze because Ole Miss beat them a few times recently.....maybe he wants to upgrade his Tuscaloosa Network by adding Frozen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Saban probably thinks highly of Freeze because Ole Miss beat them a few times recently.....maybe he wants to upgrade his Tuscaloosa Network by adding Frozen.

Could be all of the above. What really shocked me was that Coach O showed some interest in hiring Freeze. I didn't think they liked each other. I didn't know this back then, but Coach O made a comment to the media several years ago that he probably should have hired Freeze as his OC when he was the HC at OM. Interesting
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-18-2018 at 01:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Or maybe his old blue pill popping ass wants his phone book.