Currently headed home from Costa Rica (Manuel Antonio, Jaco & Arenal) and figured I would share some of the hiking that we did.

Manuel Antonio National Park

The morning after we arrived, we headed straight to Manuel Antonio National Park. The crowds can get a little heavy later in the day, so we arrived shortly after the 7am park opening. There?s a bus that runs from town and Quepos to the public beach near the park entrance. It was 350colones/pp (~$0.62) to ride the bus and came right by our AirBnB about every 15min. We weren?t far from the park, but the roads have almost no shoulder, so the bus was easier than the 20min walk to the park. The entrance fee is $15 for foreigners.

Once in the park, you will immediately begin to see some great wildlife and plants. We saw capuchin monkeys, howler monkeys, 2 and 3 toed sloths, agoutis, raccoons, WT deer, coatis, countless colorful birds and many others that I?m sure I have forgotten.

There?s two main beaches in the park. The first that you come to from the entrance (Playa Manuel Antonio) is the prettier of the two, but gets crowded at times. We went straight there to get some pictures and enjoy the water before the crowds arrived. We also walked the other (Playa Espadilla) and it was much less crowded, but still a great beach.

Below is an assortment of pics - all from Manuel Antonio.