Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tadlock

vCash
    This really is neither here nor there but I found it interesting...went to the 90% men's basketball attendance dinner last night. My mother and I got a chance to eat and talk with EJ and Abdul. Both seemed to be very fine young men, polite, sincere, hard workers, and funny, too. Anyway, we covered a variety of topics and then they had to go sit at the table for the poster signing line. On the way through, as I was getting my poster signed, a woman in line mentioned to the players how much we all enjoyed the Louisville game and how they probably never want to see another MSU team again. One player agreed and laughed and then said, "and we may be taking their baseball coach, too." Now, that just struck me as curious. Do you think he is getting that off twitter or the message boards or is something going around the AD? I was surprised that this basketball player would be that interested in the baseball program to know who may or may not be on the coaching search list. I don't want to say who it was in case he was talking out of turn but it was surprising.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Is he a relative of yours?
    doesn't have to be. This guy has gone above and beyond showing proof he's 1st class coaching material.

https://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?r...&path=baseball

Tim Tadlock embarks on his sixth season as the head coach at Texas Tech after his program earned its second-straight Big 12 championship in 2017.

Tadlock, the 2014 College Baseball Hall of Fame National Coach of the Year, was named head coach of his alma mater on June 8, 2012,

Tadlock will enter his 26th year in collegiate baseball in 2018. He owns a collegiate career record of 629-239 in 14 years as a head coach with nine seasons at Grayson County College (435-127) and five at Texas Tech (194-112).

For the second-straight year, the Red Raiders earned the No. 5 National Seed in the NCAA Tournament,

Tech earned its fifth conference title in school history after tallying a 19-5 Big 12 mark and advanced to the College World Series for the second time in three years. In Omaha, the Red Raiders recorded their first CWS victory in Tech history after defeating No. 1 Florida, 3-2, in an elimination game.

Tadlock and the Red Raiders completed the biggest turnaround in school history and the second biggest turnaround in Big 12 history, going from 26 wins in 2013 to 45 wins in 2014. The season culminated with Texas Tech's first trip to the College World Series in Omaha.

and set a new school record by holding its opponent to two or fewer runs 30 times (25-5 record). Tech also set the following school records in 2014 -- shutouts (9), ERA during aluminum bat era (since 1974, 3.11), fielding percentage (.980), ERA in Big 12 games (4.09), games played (66), innings pitched (587.2), putouts (1,763) and assists (809).

The Red Raiders were solid in all three phases during Tadlock's second season as head coach. Tech ranked among the Big 12's top three in 12 statistical categories while leading the league in slugging percentage and triples and finishing second in the conference in runs, hits, doubles, home runs and RBI

Tech finished third in the country in triples (26) and ranked sixth in both double plays turned (65) and fielding percentage (.980). Overall, the Red Raiders ranked among the top-30 in the country in 10 different statistical categories.

Over the past two years alone (2014-15), Tech has combined for 76 victories -- its most over a two-year span since the 2001 and 2002 seasons (85 wins). In addition, the Red Raiders have also combined for 27 wins in Big 12 play, their most since those same two seasons.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep. You are correct, sir!
    Who is your money on?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    To clear the air on this as much as I can- the rumor as of two weeks ago was that it was Tadlock that would be our coach. I'm starting to hear rumors that it is someone else. I suspect what is going on is you have some posturing similar to what Jeremy Pruitt did when he tried to essentially lobby for our job before we hired Moorhead.

As far as Casey- I have heard that he is interested but my guess is that Cohen doesn't want him because he has a pitcher that is a sex offender on their team and after what happened with Cann Cohen is not going to want to take ANY chances with our next coach.

So my guess and this is just speculation on my part is Cohen has his focus narrowed down to about three coaches- Tadlock, Corbin, and McDonnell. And we'll see what happens over the next 6-9 weeks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To clear the air on this as much as I can- the rumor as of two weeks ago was that it was Tadlock that would be our coach. I'm starting to hear rumors that it is someone else. I suspect what is going on is you have some posturing similar to what Jeremy Pruitt did when he tried to essentially lobby for our job before we hired Moorhead.

As far as Casey- I have heard that he is interested but my guess is that Cohen doesn't want him because he has a pitcher that is a sex offender on their team and after what happened with Cann Cohen is not going to want to take ANY chances with our next coach.

So my guess and this is just speculation on my part is Cohen has his focus narrowed down to about three coaches- Tadlock, Corbin, and McDonnell. And we'll see what happens over the next 6-9 weeks.
    what's Casey's first name? would be interested in the "sex offender" specifics. was it a deal where a disgruntled dad got pissed about his 16 yr old daughter having a relationship with an 18 yr old? dunno.

and what is Corbin's 1st name? at any rate, thanks for the update Todd.

vCash
    Pat Casey
    Tim Corbin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    what's Casey's first name? would be interested in the "sex offender" specifics. was it a deal where a disgruntled dad got pissed about his 16 yr old daughter having a relationship with an 18 yr old? dunno.

and what is Corbin's 1st name? at any rate, thanks for the update Todd.
    It was a preteen family member.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonBelle View Post
    It was a preteen family member.
    then that's not good. not good at all. scratch him.

Banned
    vCash
    then that's not good. not good at all. scratch him.
    Cohen doing PR. understanding the brand / politics and shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Mark this thread and thank me in June.
    I think if you want Tadlock- having his picture as your avatar is counter productive- some TTU people will catch wind that MSU people are flaunting his eminent departure

Then you have players and recruits asking questions- this dude may not be a Dan Mullen personality. He might be lit by a different type of fuel where a direct verbal commitment to his players will derail a clandestine agreement that was made with a third party

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I completely forgot about that episode. If I remember right, I couldn't come up with any justification for why the guy was still on the team aside from the fact he was like a top 10 draft pick (of course there was probably a lot that didn't get to us). Glad Cohen is passing on him now.

vCash
    Cohen doing PR. understanding the brand / politics and shit.
    Not interested in a Tennessee/Schiano situation, I am sure.

vCash
    I still hope it's McDonnell, but Apparently Steve knows who. He said today on the show that a scout, who I am guessing is Stephen Head, just my opinion of course, was contacted about a job for the new staff. So if calls are going out asking if you would like to be apart of it, it's gonna leak sooner or later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think if you want Tadlock- having his picture as your avatar is counter productive- some TTU people will catch wind that MSU people are flaunting his eminent departure

Then you have players and recruits asking questions- this dude may not be a Dan Mullen personality. He might be lit by a different type of fuel where a direct verbal commitment to his players will derail a clandestine agreement that was made with a third party

I doubt Tadlock would be pleased with having his picture associated with some of those posts either.

vCash
    This really is neither here nor there but I found it interesting...went to the 90% men's basketball attendance dinner last night. My mother and I got a chance to eat and talk with EJ and Abdul. Both seemed to be very fine young men, polite, sincere, hard workers, and funny, too. Anyway, we covered a variety of topics and then they had to go sit at the table for the poster signing line. On the way through, as I was getting my poster signed, a woman in line mentioned to the players how much we all enjoyed the Louisville game and how they probably never want to see another MSU team again. One player agreed and laughed and then said, "and we may be taking their baseball coach, too." Now, that just struck me as curious. Do you think he is getting that off twitter or the message boards or is something going around the AD? I was surprised that this basketball player would be that interested in the baseball program to know who may or may not be on the coaching search list. I don't want to say who it was in case he was talking out of turn but it was surprising.
    If the basketball players are right, then I get my #1. But this type of loose talk is a bad sign. When Cohen ends up introducing Dave Serrano people are going to be kind-of pissed off

Serrano is a multiple CWS coach, experienced, and ... would probably keep Henderson as his PC.

Serrano can probably be hired for 1/3 the cost of our glamour candidates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    If the basketball players are right, then I get my #1. But this type of loose talk is a bad sign. When Cohen ends up introducing Dave Serrano people are going to be kind-of pissed off

Serrano is a multiple CWS coach, experienced, and ... would probably keep Henderson as his PC.

Serrano can probably be hired for 1/3 the cost of our glamour candidates.
    I don't think this hire is going to be made based off its cost effectiveness and I'm also not sure Henderson will want to go back to being the pitching coach based on some comments he made earlier in the season.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I doubt Tadlock would be pleased with having his picture associated with some of those posts either.
    Gracias. and they were stupid as shit. my post proves it.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't think this hire is going to be made based off its cost effectiveness and I'm also not sure Henderson will want to go back to being the pitching coach based on some comments he made earlier in the season.
    if Hendue wants to hang out as pitching coach, I'd have no problem with that. Our hitting has been awful and we've got little league base running mentalities. he's no HC material. but if he gives a shit about continuing to be an effective pitching coach here, fine. All things considered though, it may be time for him to ride into the sunset. find a new gig at a lesser program. dunno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Who is your money on?
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Tim Corbin. Personally I would love McDonnell or Tadlock but a few things are pointing to Corbin. Any of those 3 would be a hr. We'll see how it plays out with what I've heard. I trust whoever Cohen hires to be the right man for Mississippi State. So I'm not sweating it.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-17-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I still hope it's McDonnell, but Apparently Steve knows who. He said today on the show that a scout, who I am guessing is Stephen Head, just my opinion of course, was contacted about a job for the new staff. So if calls are going out asking if you would like to be apart of it, it's gonna leak sooner or later.
    People talking to head is saying it's Tadlock and you can bet Steve is hearing Tadlock.
    Romans 5:8