Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tadlock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I would flip backwards for Schlossnagle, but I think there's very little chance we get him.
    Yeah, I don't even consider him a candidate.

vCash
    I've heard from a former player that Tim Corbin has expressed interest in the job. I'm not saying this is who we are after or who it will be. I was told this personally a few weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Lol, don't you have some relentless straining to do down in Gainesville

LOL He's up here in MS and LA recruiting for "developmental players" who will be able to contribute when they are Seniors, while Gonzo and Hev are trying to hold the fort down in Gainesville and hoping the Gator Nation doesn't attack it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercdawg View Post
    I've heard from a former player that Tim Corbin has expressed interest in the job. I'm not saying this is who we are after or who it will be. I was told this personally a few weeks ago.
    I don't get very excited for Corbin for whatever reason. He's been there forever and been "just" good outside of a five year stretch from 2011-2015 when they were very, very good.

vCash
    Cohen said that fans would be "happy" and that our very experienced coach has been to Omaha on multiple occasions

To me that's McDonnell, 4 times in Omaha

Tadlock would make me happy but has only been to Omaha twice. "Twice" is a "multiple" of once but usually people say "twice" when the answer is "2 times"

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Cohen said that fans would be "happy" and that our very experienced coach has been to Omaha on multiple occasions

Tadlock would make me happy but has only been to Omaha twice. "Twice" is a "multiple" of once but usually people say "twice" when the answer is "2 times"
    Cohen couldn't say twice.... it would have been too specific.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    If ANYBODY would not be ecstatic with a Tim Tadlock hire, then they are not reasonable. That would be like LSU football team missing on saban but getting Meyer or Patterson... it is an amazing hire.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Here's how I've started to look at it-
    Is the coach the right fit for our job? Vic Schaefer was 80-110 before he came here, but he has excelled because he was the right man for the job. So whoever we hire, I hope he is the right guy for this job, no matter his previous record. And I'm going to put my trust in John Cohen on making the right hire for this program!

vCash
    I been hopping he would be the guy since I read the coaching list per Genes page. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

vCash
    Is the coach the right fit for our job? Vic Schaefer was 80-110 before he came here, but he has excelled because he was the right man for the job. So whoever we hire, I hope he is the right guy for this job, no matter his previous record. And I'm going to put my trust in John Cohen on making the right hire for this program!
    In the end, this is the correct philosophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

But those two times have been in a lot shorter span than McDonnell did at Louisville given the same point in their careers. And they are on track for a National Seed again this year so it could very well be three if things work out for them.

vCash
    I did not know that Vic had a losing record when we hired him.

The one thing about Cohen that I like and feel comfortable about is he has a good idea of what it takes to get to Omaha and what the current trends are to build a program to that level. That's why he went after a guy with Cannizaro's background in the first place when the easy thing to do would have been to hire Henderson, Butch, or Mingione.

If I had to bet I would guess that we are hiring Tadlock. If it's not him I would guess it would be McDonnell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Tadlock would be a heck of a hire but I?m just having trouble seeing why he?d leave Tech.

- He an alum

- Just signed a 6 year deal worth $700K per

- Has an easier recruiting situation at Tech than he would at MSU.
    You ever been to Lubbock in February/March?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    You ever been to Lubbock in February/March?
    Yes

vCash
    SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I did not know that Vic had a losing record when we hired him.

The one thing about Cohen that I like and feel comfortable about is he has a good idea of what it takes to get to Omaha and what the current trends are to build a program to that level. That's why he went after a guy with Cannizaro's background in the first place when the easy thing to do would have been to hire Henderson, Butch, or Mingione.

If I had to bet I would guess that we are hiring Tadlock. If it's not him I would guess it would be McDonnell.
    Vic didn't when he was at TAMU. He is going back to when Vic was a HC at Sam Houston State. Vic developed his current coaching skills under Gary Blair at TAMU.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-16-2018 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    But those two times have been in a lot shorter span than McDonnell did at Louisville given the same point in their careers. And they are on track for a National Seed again this year so it could very well be three if things work out for them.
    McDonnell also took the Louisville job a lot younger than Tadlock took the Tech job though. And at least Tech had some baseball history before he arrived. Louisville made one regional in their history before McDonnell arrived. They've missed one since.

vCash
    Between these three-four choices, you can’t go wrong: Jim Schlossnagle, Dan McDonnell, Tim Tadlock, or Tim Corbin. All four of those coaches IMO are ones who can win a national championship at MSU and are all four in the top ten coaches in college baseball today. I’d be ecstatic for any of those four.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    McDonnell also took the Louisville job a lot younger than Tadlock took the Tech job though. And at least Tech had some baseball history before he arrived. Louisville made one regional in their history before McDonnell arrived. They've missed one since.
    Are you serious about Tech’s history? Tadlock has their only CWS appearances as the head coach. Considering the Big 12 was an immensely harder league then the Big East/ACC, I consider both Tadlock’s and McDonnell’s rebuilds equally as impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I'd say Texas Tech's history is pretty close to Louisville as far as what the programs were when both took over. They had a good run for them in the mid 90's under Larry Hays but they didn't make it any further than a regional under him and they had an eight year postseason drought before Tadlock took over- and while that run makes their history better than Louisville's it's still not that impressive. And then only two years after they hired Tadlock they made it to Omaha. Tech was a losing team when Tadlock took over.