Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tadlock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He played college baseball at The Citadal. He was in the CWS when we beat them in 1990. Has been to 10 regionals in 11 years as a head coach gone to 7 Supers and 4 CWS all at a school which had no history whatsoever in college baseball and will go back to shit more then likely once he leaves. He graduated college in 1992 so that puts him in his mid-40s. He already has over 500 wins as an HC. To say this would be a Home Run hire would be an understatement. To me, he’s a top 3 coach in college baseball today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McDonnell
    Hey man thanks for the info. I would think Louisville will throw the bank at him IF he has any interest in "looking around".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Hey man thanks for the info. I would think Louisville will throw the bank at him IF he has any interest in "looking around".
    I don’t think they can. The new AD doesn’t have any leeway in his negotiating (it goes to the president and board) and I don’t think McDonnell likes him that much anyway. Like I said. This was a matter of perfect timing to get him imo.

vCash
    With Tadlock you have to look at the context.

He took over an average team and had a losing season in year one. He took them to Omaha the next year. They had an average year but had a winning season in 2015. Then Omaha, and then a regional, and now has them number 2 in RPI right now.

Dan McDonnell's first five years- CWS appearance in year one because he likely inherited a talented team, a SR appearance and two regional appearances and he missed once in year five.

Jim Schlossnagle's first five years- Five Regional appearances. No SR much less an appearance in Omaha.

Also if you look at Texas Tech's roster they have two UA All-Americans on it that are freshmen which tells me that their recruiting is picking up. My major concern with him is two fold- He is a former JUCO coach and we need to get away from that. However looking at their roster they only have six JUCO's on the team- one a player that started out at TCU. For comparison- we have SIX JUCO's in our CLASS this year. The other concern I have or really more a question than a concern is if he does come to MSU does he bring his top assistant with him? If he does and we hire another assistant with major scouting ties we will be cooking with gas.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't understand why just because he coached JUCO before landing the Tech gig is a negative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I don't understand why just because he coached JUCO before landing the Tech gig is a negative.
    It's not. I was afraid he would be sympathetic to recruiting JUCO players and we need to get away from that is all. Like I said I looked into it and I'm not worried about it based on the number of JUCO's on their roster.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Everything im hearing is confirmation that I was correct about this. Tadlock will be it.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Everything im hearing is confirmation that I was correct about this. Tadlock will be it.
    I'm behind this! Tadlock is really good.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    If we can get McDonnell, I want him. But Schlossnagle is my top, but I don?t know that he?d leave TCU.
    Yeah...Fort Worth is a nice place to live. Would be a tough pull.

vCash
    I'm behind this! Tadlock is really good.
    As good as anybody out there.

vCash
    Pre-Tadlock: 0 CWS Appearances
    Tadlock Era: 2 CWS Appearances in 4 years.
    ^^Here's what I posted earlier in the thread. Really speaks to what he's done at Texas Tech.^^
    As good as anybody out there.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Well cross Tadlock off the list

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    anybody know the buy out details of McDonnell's contract? would we be willing to surpass his $1M annual salary? I did find it interesting that he got $150K if he stayed thru June of 2017 though. I'm thinking there have been no extensions or changes since this 2016 block buster of a deal was done. can't believe dude started with Louisville making $140K. damn.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32114532/c...baseball-coach
    We got Polk for less than 100K....considerably less. But in his 2nd go-round, he got about a whopping 125K. One thing you can say about LT.....he could jew down some salaries to make them fit into his paltry budget.

vCash
    1. McDonnel
    2. Tadlock
    3. Heefner- I wish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    1. McDonnel
    2. Tadlock
    3. Heefner- I wish.
    I would flip backwards for Schlossnagle, but I think there's very little chance we get him.

vCash
    After hearing people mention McDonnell I'm having trouble getting excited about anyone else.

vCash
    ^^Here's what I posted earlier in the thread. Really speaks to what he's done at Texas Tech.^^
    Exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    After hearing people mention McDonnell I'm having trouble getting excited about anyone else.
    Tadlock can do anything here that McDonnell could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Well cross Tadlock off the list
    Lol, don't you have some relentless straining to do down in Gainesville

vCash
    Tadlock can do anything here that McDonnell could.
    By my math, McDonnell is a year or two younger than Tadlock yet his track record is twice as long. And going strictly by regional appearances, Texas Tech had at least some baseball history before Tadlock's arrival. Louisville had one regional appearance before McDonnell arrived.

I'm not saying Tadlock wouldn't be a home run hire. But McDonnell would be a grand slam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

More money from Louisville may not keep him there. Sometimes other things factor in on where a coach wants to stay in his current position or seek other opportunities. I trust in John Cohen.