With Tadlock you have to look at the context.

He took over an average team and had a losing season in year one. He took them to Omaha the next year. They had an average year but had a winning season in 2015. Then Omaha, and then a regional, and now has them number 2 in RPI right now.

Dan McDonnell's first five years- CWS appearance in year one because he likely inherited a talented team, a SR appearance and two regional appearances and he missed once in year five.

Jim Schlossnagle's first five years- Five Regional appearances. No SR much less an appearance in Omaha.

Also if you look at Texas Tech's roster they have two UA All-Americans on it that are freshmen which tells me that their recruiting is picking up. My major concern with him is two fold- He is a former JUCO coach and we need to get away from that. However looking at their roster they only have six JUCO's on the team- one a player that started out at TCU. For comparison- we have SIX JUCO's in our CLASS this year. The other concern I have or really more a question than a concern is if he does come to MSU does he bring his top assistant with him? If he does and we hire another assistant with major scouting ties we will be cooking with gas.