Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's play GM- You are the Cleveland Browns GM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    That QB room won't even be Top 10 as far as yearly salaries in the league for quarterbacks.
    Stanton just became the 7th highest back-up in the NFL
    Tyrod is 18th in the NFL in salary
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I hear what you're saying but their total salary for all 3 QB's will be around $25mil this season. That's pretty much middle of the pack in the NFL. It's not like they're blowing a ton of money with these 3 QB's.

vCash
    Tyrod is 18th in the NFL in salary
    Brees makes 7 million more than both of them combined

vCash
    I just dont see a team paying a QB 3MM to be inactive most weeks

vCash
    It's likely going to be a QB according to the article below. I also think he only has a 1 year contract. I think the remaining years are void after this year.

"Jackson named Taylor as the starting quarterback the day he was officially acquired. He said Tuesday that he would like Taylor to start the entire 2018 season and that the Browns want the quarterback they select in the draft to essentially use 2018 as a redshirt year."

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/28/br...-tyrod-taylor/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    It's likely going to be a QB according to the article below. I also think he only has a 1 year contract. I think the remaining years are void after this year.

"Jackson named Taylor as the starting quarterback the day he was officially acquired. He said Tuesday that he would like Taylor to start the entire 2018 season and that the Browns want the quarterback they select in the draft to essentially use 2018 as a redshirt year."

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/28/br...-tyrod-taylor/
    Same plan the Bears used last year. Signed Mike Glennon as a FA he made $18mil last season. Mark Sanchez was signed as the backup made $2mil last year & drafted Trubisky with the 2nd pick.

vCash
    #1 move down but not out of top 10 get a 2nd round, and late round, 2019 pick

4. Fitzpatrick

Top 10- Notre Dame?s OT

Use 2 of your 4 2nd round picks and more if needed to move back into round 1 and get Georgia?s Sony Michel.

2nd round Arden Key and Christian Kirk.

Rest of draft add another Oline, CB and LB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Same plan the Bears used last year. Signed Mike Glennon as a FA he made $18mil last season. Mark Sanchez was signed as the backup made $2mil last year & drafted Trubisky with the 2nd pick.
    Bears showed that was a shitty plan

vCash
    There is no way they aren?t taking a QB with one of those. They brought in TT so they don?t have to throw the rookie in there to get massacred.

No way I try to trade for Beckham because he?s never sign an extension. I would try to get the Giants tongive me something for swapping picks
    Last edited by Irondawg; 03-29-2018 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Bears showed that was a shitty plan
    That's a totally different discussion but that's what's going to happen.

vCash
    Vontae Mack no matter what

vCash
    Browns should wait till next year and pick a qb. Eason will be a highly sought out qb and after getting a few weapons on Offense I could see him helping them out as a pro style qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Vontae Mack no matter what
    Clever

vCash
    You guys are assuming even below average choices by a somewhat competent management. You DID preface this by asking about what the BROWNS will do, right 34?

vCash
    Nooooooooo they dont.

They just signed Tyrod Taylor to a 2 year 30.5 Million dollar contract. He is their QB the next 2 years.

And to back him up- they just signed Drew Stanton to a 2 year 6.5MM dolla contract with incentives that could push it to #11MM

What about those 2 moves makes you think they are going to draft a QB early and take up even more cap room with millions on a draft pick? THE BROWNS ARE NOT DRAFTING A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND
    I understand the joke shitting on the Browns, but they did this the right way and going to be much improved next year.

Where do start?

1) Yes, they are drafting a QB. I don't know why this is even a question?
    2) No, they are not drafting Barkley. They just signed Hyde and trying to resign Duke.
    3) They traded for Tyrod. They did not sign him. He has a year left. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland...d-taylor-7899/
    4) The Browns carried 3 QBs last year: Kizer, Kessler, Hogan.
    5) Back up QBs make a lot. Stanton is making $3.25M a year. Chad Henne, who the Chiefs just signed to be their back up, is making $6.7M over 2 years, same as Stanton. This is a typical back-up QB salary.

Banned
    vCash
    since it Cleveland, I fully expect them to hunt down Johnny Football and give him a 2nd chance. unless he's in jail or re-hab. but with them, maybe that won't even matter.

vCash
    ID Take the two best players in college football, Barkley and Mayfield. 1 and 4. It’s a reach on Mayfield, but the kid is a gamer and consistently puts up points. I like him more than any other QB in the draft. I think the UCLA kid will be good, but I expect Sammy boy from USC to be a bust. Have just never been that impressed with him. I like Mike Vick II more than I do him.

My QB board
    Mayfield
    Rosen
    Jackson
    Darnold

I haven’t seen the Allen kid enough, but I know he was hurt this year and didn’t really sling it around much playing at Wyoming.

vCash
    Nooooooooo they dont.

They just signed Tyrod Taylor to a 2 year 30.5 Million dollar contract. He is their QB the next 2 years.

And to back him up- they just signed Drew Stanton to a 2 year 6.5MM dolla contract with incentives that could push it to #11MM

What about those 2 moves makes you think they are going to draft a QB early and take up even more cap room with millions on a draft pick? THE BROWNS ARE NOT DRAFTING A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND
    I think they will draft a QB because:

1. It's the most important position on the field.
    2. Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton are not what you build a Super Bowl team around.
    3. There are 4 highly rated quarterbacks in this draft.
    4. Their fans will go nuts if they pass on a QB after they missed Goff, Wentz, Deshaun Watson, Mahomes, etc.
    5. Their last time they waited on a QB later in the draft resulted in Deshon Kizer.

I think Tyrod Taylor was brought in so that the new QB could sit and learn and wouldn't be thrown in on day 1. Just my opinion. I THINK they are drafting a QB in the 1st round. You are GUARANTEEING that they won't. We will see what happens.

vCash
    They need to take Barkley first then if they like any of the top QB?s left at 4 (Mayfield, maybe) then they go QB, otherwise they trade down with someone that wants to take a QB and they can go best available or another need still within the first round. To me, the only way they can screw this up is by taking the wrong QB #1 and losing Barkley. I wouldn?t feel safe taking Darnold or Rosen #1.

vCash
    I just think it’s insane to get Taylor, add a back-up, and then draft a QB with a top 5 pick. They were 0-16 last year- they need talent. Since you already have 2 QB’s and that’s all you can have on your Sunday roster- take 2 position players with those 2 picks to tremendously upgrade other positions. Roll with those 2 QB’s this year and add a no-name as the 3rd guy.

Next year get you a QB