Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we need to pull for Ole Miss this weekend?

vCash

Do we need to pull for Ole Miss this weekend?

Looks like us and LSU are both fighting for post season.

vCash
    We just need to win games. Nothing else really matters.

vCash
    Nope, do not pull for Ole Miss.. Sorry not happening.

Either we are good enough on the field or we aren't, let the cards fall where they may.

vCash
    I will wish for their mutual destruction.

Banned
    vCash
    No. When Ole Miss loses, the world is a better place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Nope, do not pull for Ole Miss.. Sorry not happening.

Either we are good enough on the field or we aren't, let the cards fall where they may.
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Looks like us and LSU are both fighting for post season.
    I need Ole Miss to lose every game they play in everything ever. This applies to every scenario that has ever existed or will ever exist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I need Ole Miss to lose every game they play in everything ever. This applies to every scenario that has ever existed or will ever exist.
    We need to make this some universal law called the Shitbird Law of Athletic Dynamics or something.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    It?s amazing to me to see idiotic MSU fans like this that would rather ole miss lose than state win. You are the epitome of their view of us. Congrats.

If ole miss winning helps us, by all means, go rebels. If their games have no true effect on us, screw em. We won the SEC two years ago because they did their part against A&M. Based on your logic, you wish the Aggies would have taken the title. Just wow.

vCash
    Hard (damn near impossible) for me to pull for either!

vCash
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Can both lose?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    It?s amazing to me to see idiotic MSU fans like this that would rather ole miss lose than state win. You are the epitome of their view of us. Congrats.

If ole miss winning helps us, by all means, go rebels. If their games have no true effect on us, screw em. We won the SEC two years ago because they did their part against A&M. Based on your logic, you wish the Aggies would have taken the title. Just wow.
    You are putting words into my mouth. All games have an effect, no matter how small, on everybody. I'm glad we won the title that year and I want to win every year. However, no I will not pull for, root for, cheer for, support, etc. any person, place, or thing that I despise. This isn't just about Ole Miss, that's with anything. I see them as an evil organization; this same line of thinking applies for any noun I feel that way about just like I would about the Klan, ISIS, etc. If somehow something that benefits them in turn benefits us, then I guess we got lucky, however I still will not support them because I do not intentionally support evil. And in that sense, I guess you're right about me. I would rather fail as an honest person with good intentions than I would win by supporting evil.

Since you put words into my mouth, I would assess your logic as a win at all costs. As long as it benefits us, it must be good. Well, how would you feel about covering up child rape claims like Penn St. did? They kept it covered up to help them keep winning. Your logic would support that approach b/c, you know, winning. Just wow.

vCash
    Since you put words into my mouth, I would assess your logic as a win at all costs. As long as it benefits us, it must be good. Well, how would you feel about covering up child rape claims like Penn St. did? They kept it covered up to help them keep winning. Your logic would support that approach b/c, you know, winning. Just wow.
    Holy smokes, you took a rationale response from Int All-American and drove it straight to "crazy town"....

Unbelievable that you would take a rivalry debate and twist it into child rape!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I will wish for their mutual destruction.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner! +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Holy smokes, you took a rationale response from Int All-American and drove it straight to "crazy town"....

Simmer down. Yeah he went way over the top, but he has a point. Sometimes people make over the top comparisons to show the ridiculousness in that line of thinking. Don't get bogged down in the over-the-top reference to lose sight of the overall point.

vCash
    Cannot pull for UNM in anything. Told my soon to be 81 year old Baptist Momma that if UNM was playing the University of Hades, I would not only pull for the U of Hades, but could pray for forgiveness afterward and God would certainly understand.** Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Simmer down. Yeah he went way over the top, but he has a point. Sometimes people make over the top comparisons to show the ridiculousness in that line of thinking. Don't get bogged down in the over-the-top reference to lose sight of the overall point.
    Thanks MadDawg. It was over the top and I knew it was when I posted it. It even earned me a reduction in reputation thanks to Millard Feel More. I just did to his point what he did to mine. Completely changed the intent of the statement by adding on ridiculous comparisons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post

Also, define rationale. At no point did I make any claim that I would rather see Ole Miss lose more than I would like to see MSU win. That is irrationally twisting my words to then use as the basis for his point. He then further stretched to say that I pulled against MSU "winning" in a game MSU did not even play in. Last time I checked, wins come from games you are actually in. Otherwise you get folks winning at things that aren't even competitions like how some teams win at arbitrary recruiting titles even how Charlie Sheen wins at life.

Champions don't sit around wishing and praying for other teams to win, they go out and win the damn things themselves. If we didn't win the conference championship that year then we should've won more games. It wouldn't have been A&Ms fault for not winning 1 game anymore than it was to the credit of Ole Miss for us winning that championship. They played a whole schedule of games just like we did.

vCash
    I definitely want whatever is best for our athletic programs, and I have pulled for OM, in the past, when it would benefit one of our athletic programs. However it is very difficult to pull for that bunch, with the arrogance, "I'm better than you mentality"., and all the other crap that goes on up there.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 04-26-2018 at 07:02 PM.