Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play GM- You are the Cleveland Browns GM

vCash

Let's play GM- You are the Cleveland Browns GM

You have already signed FA QB's Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton- so you have told the world you arent drafting a QB. You have draft picks #1 and #4. You arent bad on D but awful on offense.

Do you draft Barkley #1 to make sure you have a top RB/playmaker for the next 5-7 years? Been awhile since a RB has gone that high- but Elliot in Dallas has shown the right guy can have a huge impact. Then take a top talent at 4 to fit your needs?

Do you trade one of those top picks to the NYG's for OBJ to get a playmaker at WR?

Do you trade down some with that top pick to get more picks and take the best players available at 4 and wherever you dropped down to?

Not needing a QB- I trade down from 1- seeing if I can get the NYG's to bite with OBJ or other teams for more picks. Hopefully Barkley is still there at 4- which he likely is- and grab him there. Browns needs talent and more picks. They have chosen to not draft a QB- so get more picks to upgrade the talent level of the team- especially since your future HOF OL guy just retired.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You have already signed FA QB's Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton- so you have told the world you arent drafting a QB. You have draft picks #1 and #4. You arent bad on D but awful on offense.

Do you draft Barkley #1 to make sure you have a top RB/playmaker for the next 5-7 years? Been awhile since a RB has gone that high- but Elliot in Dallas has shown the right guy can have a huge impact. Then take a top talent at 4 to fit your needs?

Do you trade one of those top picks to the NYG's for OBJ to get a playmaker at WR?

Do you trade down some with that top pick to get more picks and take the best players available at 4 and wherever you dropped down to?

Not needing a QB- I trade down from 1- seeing if I can get the NYG's to bite with OBJ or other teams for more picks. Hopefully Barkley is still there at 4- which he likely is- and grab him there. Browns needs talent and more picks. They have chosen to not draft a QB- so get more picks to upgrade the talent level of the team- especially since your future HOF OL guy just retired.
    1) To me I draft Barkley #1. I think he?s a game changer and you don?t want to wait until #4 to try and get him because someone may trade up and steal him.

2) Then I start trading back and getting additional draft pieces. See if I can get rid of the #4 and get a middle round 1 and round 2 pick, probably gonna need an additional 2nd or 3rd for next year too.

3) Draft Calvin Ridley in the middle of the 1st round with the pick you traded back to get. He?s a cornerstone WR and paired with Landry you now have a legitimate 1-2 punch at WR to help Tyrod.

4) Draft Martinas Rankin with either the 33rd or 35th pick in the 2nd round (they have both of those). He?s not a reach there and would be able to play right away. He won?t be Joe Thomas but he?s a solid OT and has done the necessary things to prove that.

5) Draft Mason Rudolph somewhere else in the 2nd round with the other pick from the 33rd or 35th, or if you get an additional 2nd round piece from trading back.

That?s what I would do. Addresses needs, gets them the best player in the draft in Barkley, gets them ridley who is a playmaker instantly, get them a potential replacement for Joe Thomas, and still gets them a QB who I think is underrated. And with Tyrod there he doesn?t have to play right away.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 03-29-2018 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    They are going to grab Darnold or Allen. Tyrod aint the answer. Stop-gap at best
    Last edited by Dallas_Dawg; 03-29-2018 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    They are going to grab Darnold or Allen. Tyrod aint the answer. Stop-gap at best
    They have signed 2 FA QB's- if they draft a QB their GM should be fired immediately after the pick

vCash

Given their history if I'm the Browns GM I probabaly can't walk and chew gum at the same time. He will probably trade both picks for a 40 year old punter

Banned
    vCash
    I'd never trade for Tyrod Taylor or OBJ for starters. I'd draft Barkeley and Bakery Mayfield and I'd offer Megatron what OBJ thinks he deserves to come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'd never trade for Tyrod Taylor or OBJ for starters. I'd draft Barkeley and Bakery Mayfield and I'd offer Megatron what OBJ thinks he deserves to come back.
    They have signed Tyrod Taylor as a FA- he is their starting QB the next couple of years simply because of the money they invested. They just signed Drew Stanton also to be his back-up. The Browns do not intend to draft a QB

vCash
    Tank this year and pick Jeffrey Simmons #1 overall next year.

vCash

You dont need a big WR you already have Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry.

You take Barkley first overall (hes the best offensive player in the draft) then take the best D player/OL at 4

vCash
    They have signed Tyrod Taylor as a FA- he is their starting QB the next couple of years simply because of the money they invested. They just signed Drew Stanton also to be his back-up. The Browns do not intend to draft a QB

I believe they do intend to draft a QB

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The Browns are definitely taking a QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    [/B]

I believe they do intend to draft a QB
    Nooooooooo they dont.

They just signed Tyrod Taylor to a 2 year 30.5 Million dollar contract. He is their QB the next 2 years.

And to back him up- they just signed Drew Stanton to a 2 year 6.5MM dolla contract with incentives that could push it to #11MM

What about those 2 moves makes you think they are going to draft a QB early and take up even more cap room with millions on a draft pick? THE BROWNS ARE NOT DRAFTING A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND

vCash
    It's essentially a 1yr deal much like Mike Glennon with the Bears last year. They could get out of the deal after a year if need be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The Browns are definitely taking a QB
    So most teams only have 2 QB's on the active roster each Sunday- you are saying the Browns are going to pay Stanton 3MM plus per season to be inactive every Sunday?

vCash
    So most teams only have 2 QB's on the active roster each Sunday- you are saying the Browns are going to pay Stanton 3MM plus per season to be inactive every Sunday?
    I'm telling you the Browns are definitely taking a QB.

vCash
    They ARE the Browns.

vCash

vCash
    You didn't say who was starting opening day. You said they weren't taking a QB in the 1st rd. They are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'm telling you the Browns are definitely taking a QB.
    Then they are easily the dumbest franchise ever to have sign Stanton to a $6MM contract to be the back-up QB- he will make more than Dak

vCash
    Then they are easily the dumbest franchise ever to have sign Stanton to a $6MM contract to be the back-up QB- he will make more than Dak
    That QB room won't even be Top 10 as far as yearly salaries in the league for quarterbacks.