Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Go to FB Practice Today?

vCash

Anyone Go to FB Practice Today?

Did anyone go and can deliver a report or rumors?

vCash
    Bump - paging Ari, C34

vCash
    A friend and I caught the last 20 minutes or so.

I left with highly organized, intense and professional practice.

The most impressive thing was Coach Joe and Coach Lukabu came over to us after practice said "hi" and thanked us for the support. Attitude is a far cry from past few years.

I'll be shocked if Coach Joe doesn't surpass Mullen shortly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Bump - paging Ari, C34
    Check back with me after the first scrimmage . Schedule permitting ..

vCash
    Quality of our practices has been a main thing I've worried about with the new staff. You have to say Mullen ran good, efficient, high paced practices that were well organized. Visiting coaches were always impressed with how things were conducted. It's one factor in player development.

Comparisons in style are interesting to hear.

vCash
    Did not attend but read on the Internet and Twitter.

Some things that stood out to me based on social media:

Fitz looks good but was sick today. Still went through some drills and will be 100% by August.

We're splitting first teams reps between Aeris and Kylin. Insert it's just spring here.

Stephen Guidry is a freak and catches everything.

Brian Cole can play CB/S/Nickle. I suspect he will be able to match up against slot receivers a little bit better than what we could last year.

Peters is starting at one CB and Rayford and Dantzler are splitting at the other CB spot.

Tyler Williams looks good at CB. I don't think he will start but could be a solid player for us into the future.

Schexnayder has been listed as the first team punter over Tucker Day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Did not attend but read on the Internet and Twitter.

Some things that stood out to me based on social media:

Fitz looks good but was sick today. Still went through some drills and will be 100% by August.

We're splitting first teams reps between Aeris and Kylin. Insert it's just spring here.

Stephen Guidry is a freak and catches everything.

Brian Cole can play CB/S/Nickle. I suspect he will be able to match up against slot receivers a little bit better than what we could last year.

Peters is starting at one CB and Rayford and Dantzler are splitting at the other CB spot.

Tyler Williams looks good at CB. I don't think he will start but could be a solid player for us into the future.

Schexnayder has been listed as the first team punter over Tucker Day.
    Impressive sources for your judgements,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Impressive sources for your judgements,
    I'm not trying to impress anybody.

vCash
    Murphy.

vCash
    Take it for what its worth

Defense has been dominant. Sweat, Simmons and Rivers have been whipping our OL's ass

WRs up and down, had a bad case of the drops today. Austin Williams and Malik Dear have stood out

Fitz missed 1 practice bc he was sick, was back today and was a little inaccurate at times but he will be fine. Key getting 1st team reps as well

Aeris and Kylin splitting reps and both are getting tons of work catching the football. (Saquan Barkley style)

vCash
    I hate comparing JoMo to Mullen staff but it?s the little things that I?ve noticed that matter. It?s been said on here before and it?s the truth, JoMo is just more engaging than Dan. Dan would tell his team to break it down and walk off. Croom was the same way. JoMo is leading the break down. I know that doesn?t seem like a big deal but one communicates that ?there?s us and there?s the coaches?. The other communicates ?there just us, the team?. That meant a lot to me as an athlete back in the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawginme View Post
    Quality of our practices has been a main thing I've worried about with the new staff. You have to say Mullen ran good, efficient, high paced practices that were well organized. Visiting coaches were always impressed with how things were conducted. It's one factor in player development.

Comparisons in style are interesting to hear.
    Funny you mention that. From the person I talked to that went to the practice, it was much faster than Mullen?s and extremely well organized. This was not coming from a Mullen hater. A clock was on every drill, everyone sprinted from one drill to the next, whether it be position drills or the 7on7 or 11on11 stuff. He said it was incredibly fast and everyone looked like they knew exactly what they were doing. A couple other notes:

Aside from some inaccuracy, which could be due to the wind or just rustiness, Fitz looked great physically. You would have had absolutely no idea whatsoever that he had been injured, if not for the tape and yellow jersey. He took all the no1 reps, just didn?t take on any contact of course. He sprinted from one drill to the next like everyone else and would cut on that ankle when he got to where he was going. No grimacing or anything like that.

Guidry and Jason look like a cut above the other receivers athletically. Guidry looked faster than he expected. Jason looked ready to contribute immediately. Said Jessie Jackson was the third most impressive looking, which surprised me.

Kylin Hill is a freakin beast. Aeris is great, but will be hard to keep Kylin off the field. Gibson looked good too.

Tight ends were very involved in the passing game on this day. A lot of stuff to get the ball out of the QBs hand quickly.

The most impressive looking athletes that stood out on defense were Willie Gay and Brian Cole. He said Cole was all over the place and we ran almost exclusively 4-2-5.

Coaches were very intense but positive. Would be on their player if they did something wrong but then would praise them when they corrected it. Said Jo Mo was not a rah rah guy during practice. Very calm and just took everything in, making notes and letting the position coaches coach. High energy from the position coaches.

Only ?negative? he noted, other than the inaccurate passing (from Key too) was he said you could tell Murphy was supposed to be in high school right now. NOT saying he is no good or can?t work is way up the depth chart, just that he looked like a high school guy among college athletes. I?m not surprised by this because he is an early enrollee after all, but it was notable to me becuase he didn?t say this about Jason.

There you go. Third practice, take it fwiw. The defense and O line were mostly on the far field, so less observations on them except for in the team sessions when they came back to the field closest to the complex. Still focused mostly on the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Funny you mention that. From the person I talked to that went to the practice, it was much faster than Mullen?s and extremely well organized. This was not coming from a Mullen hater. A clock was on every drill, everyone sprinted from one drill to the next, whether it be position drills or the 7on7 or 11on11 stuff. He said it was incredibly fast and everyone looked like they knew exactly what they were doing. A couple other notes:

Aside from some inaccuracy, which could be due to the wind or just rustiness, Fitz looked great physically. You would have had absolutely no idea whatsoever that he had been injured, if not for the tape and yellow jersey. He took all the no1 reps, just didn?t take on any contact of course. He sprinted from one drill to the next like everyone else and would cut on that ankle when he got to where he was going. No grimacing or anything like that.

Guidry and Jason look like a cut above the other receivers athletically. Guidry looked faster than he expected. Jason looked ready to contribute immediately. Said Jessie Jackson was the third most impressive looking, which surprised me.

Kylin Hill is a freakin beast. Aeris is great, but will be hard to keep Kylin off the field. Gibson looked good too.

Tight ends were very involved in the passing game on this day. A lot of stuff to get the ball out of the QBs hand quickly.

The most impressive looking athletes that stood out on defense were Willie Gay and Brian Cole. He said Cole was all over the place and we ran almost exclusively 4-2-5.

Coaches were very intense but positive. Would be on their player if they did something wrong but then would praise them when they corrected it. Said Jo Mo was not a rah rah guy during practice. Very calm and just took everything in, making notes and letting the position coaches coach. High energy from the position coaches.

Only ?negative? he noted, other than the inaccurate passing (from Key too) was he said you could tell Murphy was supposed to be in high school right now. NOT saying he is no good or can?t work is way up the depth chart, just that he looked like a high school guy among college athletes. I?m not surprised by this because he is an early enrollee after all, but it was notable to me becuase he didn?t say this about Jason.

There you go. Third practice, take it fwiw. The defense and O line were mostly on the far field, so less observations on them except for in the team sessions when they came back to the field closest to the complex. Still focused mostly on the offense.
    Good stuff.

- the inaccuracy by the QBs isn’t surprising right now because QBs and receivers are working new routes that they likely have timing, rhythm, or chemistry with. What looks like inaccuracy, could just be dudes not syncing up.

- Murphy will get there. He’s only been the college weight room for two months. My guess is he’ll look the part come August.

- there seems to be early buzz that Guidry looks faster and more explosive than people expected.

vCash
    There was a windy situation in play in the passing game yesterday, it was windy enough to affect kicking practice.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Not directed at anyone but I thought everyone knew Guidry was a legit 4.4 guy. His speed is the 1st thing that stood out about him at Hinds. I think what has impressed most the 1st few days has been how consistent his hands have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    There was a windy situation in play in the passing game yesterday, it was windy enough to affect kicking practice.
    Yep the wind was like 20-25mph at yesterday's practice.

vCash
    Read Jason and Guidry were impressive. Anything on Todd? I expect todd to be a good receiver for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not directed at anyone but I thought everyone knew Guidry was a legit 4.4 guy. His speed is the 1st thing that stood out about him at Hinds. I think what has impressed most the 1st few days has been how consistent his hands have been.
    I hear ya.

I think, for me at least, we hear that so many guys run 4.4 nowadays that the actual 4.4 guys are under appreciated on paper. It?s not until you actually see them on the field that you realize what real 4.4 speed is and all the other guys on your team that you were told were fast, actually aren?t.

The same thing has happened baseball with guys that throw 95 mph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I hear ya.

I think, for me at least, we hear that so many guys run 4.4 nowadays that the actual 4.4 guys are under appreciated on paper. It?s not until you actually see them on the field that you realize what real 4.4 speed is and all the other guys on your team that you were told were fast, actually aren?t.

The same thing has happened baseball with guys that throw 95 mph.
    That's true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Read Jason and Guidry were impressive. Anything on Todd? I expect todd to be a good receiver for us
    Todd is going to have a breakout year.