Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 dirtbags go get em....

Banned
    vCash

30 dirtbags go get em....

keep the freshman and boot everyone else off the team. Go get 30 dirtbags that are grown men and aren't draft risks. This "baseball" team is unacceptable. I could field a better team than this without signing one single drafted player. What a joke. We are by far the worst team in the SEC. This is baseball not women's soccer. Mississippi State should NEVER be the worst program in the SEC in baseball. Not even in years the coach is playing baked potato on his iPhone.

vCash
    It is sad.. huge new stadium, shiny head coach who screwed the pooch (literally it seems), roster full of talent, and zero SEC wins so far and embarrassing losses out of conference. Cohen has got to step up and get a real deal coach who is proven and won't let the shiny lights engulf him.

I've already written this season off which is disappointing.. I thought we'd be an Omaha team, but the reality is that we may be lucky to win a handful of SEC series if that.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Well, this season is going to be a wash. Us sucking this year shouldn't prevent us from still making a home run hire (hopefully).....and tbh, if there is one sport at MSU that can withstand a bed-shitting of this magnitude, it's baseball. I'm just happy as **** this wasn't basketball or football (especially with the season we all think we'll have).

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    It is sad.. huge new stadium, shiny head coach who screwed the pooch (literally it seems), roster full of talent, and zero SEC wins so far and embarrassing losses out of conference. Cohen has got to step up and get a real deal coach who is proven and won't let the shiny lights engulf him.

I've already written this season off which is disappointing.. I thought we'd be an Omaha team, but the reality is that we may be lucky to win a handful of SEC series if that.
    Roster full of talent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    keep the freshman and boot everyone else off the team. Go get 30 dirtbags that are grown men and aren't draft risks. This "baseball" team is unacceptable. I could field a better team than this without signing one single drafted player. What a joke. We are by far the worst team in the SEC. This is baseball not women's soccer. Mississippi State should NEVER be the worst program in the SEC in baseball. Not even in years the coach is playing baked potato on his iPhone.
    We definitely need some toughness. We’ve got to find players that can impact the ball and play a position without being able to do either well enough to go in the top 75 picks of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Roster full of talent?
    Yes, we do. Want to rephrase your question?

I would say that it's interesting that that's the one thing you picked out, but then, you are SD.. a notorious poster who posts without thinking and steals other poster's thoughts and breaking news to create a new thread without a second thought.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 03-24-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We definitely need some toughness. We’ve got to find players that can impact the ball and play a position without being able to do either well enough to go in the top 75 picks of the draft.
    I agree with this. I hope a new coach will come in and instill some in the current players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Well, this season is going to be a wash. Us sucking this year shouldn't prevent us from still making a home run hire (hopefully).....and tbh, if there is one sport at MSU that can withstand a bed-shitting of this magnitude, it's baseball. I'm just happy as **** this wasn't basketball or football (especially with the season we all think we'll have).
    I dunno....even if we hire the right coach, we still have 2-3 really bad seasons ahead of us....Cohen has us in a tight......if we miss on this hire, we could be awful for a decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I dunno....even if we hire the right coach, we still have 2-3 really bad seasons ahead of us....Cohen has us in a tight......if we miss on this hire, we could be awful for a decade.
    Even if we hire a decent coach we will be better next year. We literally have no coaching right now. It's just a mess right now- but our Tommy John guys like Breaux and Small should be 100% next year and will be even better than they are now. We need a new S&C coach- that will help with our size. I like Hatcher (drafted by Angels), Tanner Allen (Drafted by Cubs I think), Westburg, Jordan Anderson (drafted) and then Foscue and Rowdey are going to be solid college players. We could return some guys like LA next year too. Catcher is a concern- and we could very well have a freshmen catcher like Hayden Jones or Luke Hancock starting for us.

We have talent- but they need a coach.

I expect us to be completely back by 2020 at the latest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Yes, we do. Want to rephrase your question?

I would say that it's interesting that that's the one thing you picked out, but then, you are SD.. a notorious poster who posts without thinking and steals other poster's thoughts and breaking news to create a new thread without a second thought.
    We don’t have a roster full of talent.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm convinced that over half our team are regular users of coke. and not the sugary soda variety. this shit's beyond embarrassing .

Banned
    vCash
    It's kinda like a post I saw a couple of years ago from a UTex football fan. "I've got a 4th grade son whose never seen a good Longhorn football team"

Banned
    vCash
    seems it kinda goes with the territory being a MSU fan. basketball showing promise with a nice NIT run and future looks bright. football looking solid with bright future. then baseball , always our staple and our steady companion kicks us square in the nuts in unexpected fashion. something seems to always rise up and bitch slap us when we are getting some relief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm convinced that over half our team are regular users of coke. and not the sugary soda variety. this shit's beyond embarrassing .
    Yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We don’t have a roster full of talent.
    True. Can't see how anyone would think otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Wow. Any basis for this claim?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Wow. Any basis for this claim?
    nope. just made me feel good to say it cuz I'm pissed off. wouldn't surprise me though. maybe that's the reason they can't put on any muscle.

vCash
    Our pitching staff was/is ravaged by injury. Add a healthy price, self, ashcraft, breaux, and Barlow, and you have the makings of an upper level sec pitching staff. Even guys that are pitching now coming off injury like James and small have not gotten their velocity all the way back yet... both are mid-to-upper 80s right now. Pilk starts for any sec team.

On the offensive side, we have guys that really underperforming in Stovall, vansau, and macnamee. There is major talent in the young guys Allen, Hatcher, and westburg. I like there is good talent in Jordan and foscue. Mangum is all sec.

If we can somehow keep some of our pitchers for next season, this team will be much, much better. There is some talent on this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Even if we hire a decent coach we will be better next year. We literally have no coaching right now. It's just a mess right now- but our Tommy John guys like Breaux and Small should be 100% next year and will be even better than they are now. We need a new S&C coach- that will help with our size. I like Hatcher (drafted by Angels), Tanner Allen (Drafted by Cubs I think), Westburg, Jordan Anderson (drafted) and then Foscue and Rowdey are going to be solid college players. We could return some guys like LA next year too. Catcher is a concern- and we could very well have a freshmen catcher like Hayden Jones or Luke Hancock starting for us.

We have talent- but they need a coach.

I expect us to be completely back by 2020 at the latest.
    Just because they were drafted doesn't mean a dang thing. Skelton was drafted too. And all we heard from you was how great of a hitter he was and how he was elite defensively.

You wanna savage the season? Roll with this line up:

C-Stovall
    1B-Hatcher
    2B-Westburg or Foscue
    SS-LA. Regardless of what 34 says, he is one of the better hitters. Don't continue to rag the kid when we keep trotting Poole and Skelton out there.
    3B-Westburg or Foscue..whoever isn't playing 2B.
    LF-Rowdy
    RF-Anderson
    CF-Mangum
    DH-Allen

Ride and die by the freshmen. They'll need the experience anyway and it'll pay dividends.