Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mizzou baseball game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Henderson put us behind the 8 ball the second he filled out the lineup card tonight. Every coach wants to win, but that doesn't mean some of them don't make stupid decisions.
    So you know more than him?? Aight .....

vCash
    I always watch our teams... I even watched every game during RR years, but I don’t think I can handle this. That’s how bad this is.

vCash
    Wow, error on Skelton advances the runners though fielder probably should have caught it. Mizzou no longer has to bunt.
    Skelton sucks. Nobody is denying that. Nobody. Bit clearly we have no other answer. And that error wasn't or shouldn't have been on Skelton. Stovall is a good player playing like crap. Catch the ball. That's what you want Skelton to do just fing catch it. Again, we aren't playing anyone because we like em, it's because we have crappy options behind them. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't know more about cooking than an expert Chef, but I know what tastes good.

Henderson knows more about baseball than me, but he's made a couple of DUMB ASS decisions tonight. Aight?

vCash
    I wish someone would ask him why we don't do it?
    Stovall is the best defender we have so we move him and get no better at catcher. He's 5'7". You don't catch at 5'7" your blocking frame is next to nothin. So you've made second way weaker and catcher the same. Net loss. We suck. But it's because we can't hit. Period

vCash
    Skelton sucks. Nobody is denying that. Nobody. Bit clearly we have no other answer. And that error wasn't or shouldn't have been on Skelton. Stovall is a good player playing like crap. Catch the ball. That's what you want Skelton to do just fing catch it. Again, we aren't playing anyone because we like em, it's because we have crappy options behind them. Period.
    We have other options. Gilbert is an option. Stovall is an option. But if, and I mean if, you are going to start Skelton, you absolutely have to pinch hit for him in the 7th inning with a man in scoring position. I didn't 2nd guess this decision, and you don't have to be Tommy Lasorda to figure that out.

vCash
    Macnamee has 2 hits and another hard hit ball. Hopefully he is about to get going

vCash
    I don't know more about cooking than an expert Chef, but I know what tastes good.

Henderson knows more about baseball than me, but he's made a couple of DUMB ASS decisions tonight. Aight?
    Discussing baseball w you is a waste of my time. I'll pass in the future.

vCash
    We have other options. Gilbert is an option. Stovall is an option. But if, and I mean if, you are going to start Skelton, you absolutely have to pinch hit for him in the 7th inning with a man in scoring position. I didn't 2nd guess this decision, and you don't have to be Tommy Lasorda to figure that out.
    Not PHing was dumb

vCash
    Stovall is the best defender we have so we move him and get no better at catcher. He's 5'7". You don't catch at 5'7" your blocking frame is next to nothin. So you've made second way weaker and catcher the same. Net loss. We suck. But it's because we can't hit. Period
    He was Gatorade player of the Year in Alabama as a catcher. He was rated highly by Perfect Game as a catcher. He caught a little as a freshman and he even caught a couple of innings last year. Height is not that big of a deal if you have the quickness to block balls. The biggest issue with this team is WE CAN'T SCORE RUNS. I promise you, Foscue, Westburg or Allen can play 2nd base. We have to figure out a way to get another bat in the game or we are looking at 4-26 in the SEC.

vCash
    Discussing baseball w you is a waste of my time. I'll pass in the future.
    You don't really discuss anything. You just say trust the coaches. There's a good board I can direct you too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Macnamee has 2 hits and another hard hit ball. Hopefully he is about to get going
    Hmm, seems like I know someone that said he should be starting every day.

vCash
    Gotta say it, Stovall is worse than Alexander. Stovall is not a dirt bag and he has not hit for average and has no signs of power

Stovall has a SWAC inflated batting average- he is hitting 0.000 in the SEC and 0.875 in the SWAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This team makes me wanna drink
    I?ve overcome a yeast allergy (beer) due to this team. I?m 6 deep and no symptoms yet

vCash
    I love MS State baseball and defended this team for a while now but I think Im about done boys. This is a dumpster year.

I love the 4 freshman but our older kids have improved 0 percent. None. We must not have been doing a damn thing since last June. Thanks Cann

Hire one of the big 5 and lets open up the new dude in 18. Im out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Gotta say it, Stovall is worse than Alexander. Stovall is not a dirt bag and he has not hit for average and has no signs of power

Stovall has a SWAC inflated batting average- he is hitting 0.000 in the SEC and 0.875 in the SWAC
    Wow, it's only been 4 games, but you are right, he's hitting 0.000 in the SEC. He hit .286 in conference play last year and I would say he's the definition of a dirt bag. You need to direct your negativity somewhere else.

vCash
    He was Gatorade player of the Year in Alabama as a catcher. He was rated highly by Perfect Game as a catcher. He caught a little as a freshman and he even caught a couple of innings last year. Height is not that big of a deal if you have the quickness to block balls. The biggest issue with this team is WE CAN'T SCORE RUNS. I promise you, Foscue, Westburg or Allen can play 2nd base. We have to figure out a way to get another bat in the game or we are looking at 4-26 in the SEC.
    Gotta agree, we cannot just give away four outs, play Stovall at C - this lets us develop and play the big Freshmen in more positions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I always watch our teams... I even watched every game during RR years, but I don’t think I can handle this. That’s how bad this is.
    I am thinking of 2018 as preseason 2019. I’m exited about Westburg, Allen, Foscue, Anderson, and Hatcher

If we can get recovery and development from Breaux, Small, Ashcraft, and James we could be much better in 12 months. We need a small army of JP France transfers to recover from no- Freshman and very few Sophomores this year

This season will be painful

vCash
    VAndy hitter just drew a 16-pitch walk vs lsu

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes...he does. Or so it seems.
    Romans 5:8