Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moorhead got a lot of pressure on him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Unfortunately, there are 4 games that could easily be losses.
    K State
    Bama
    Aub
    TCUN

And we have a better team than LSU, but strange things happen in Baton Rouge.

We don’t have a DB that can cover AJ. There will have to be D-Line pressure on Tamu to keep the shart WRs from burning us.

AUB has Stidham. Again, DL and pressure is key.

KState is a bit of an unknown, but JoMo may not have his offense in full effect early season.
    People are sleeping on Dantzler, Peters, Cole and Tyler Williams. That is a solid 2 deep of CBs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    When you have more talent you have to outcoach people less. Plus, a 4-2-5 is the easiest defense to teach
    It is. As long as he brings the funk and doesnt sit back we should be ok.

Im at 50/50 with him. Giving up 400 plus rushing yards to Mizzou and UK is about more than just injuries

vCash
    Dawg 28- I show it as a sat game not thurs- if I'm wrong I need to change my room reservation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It is. As long as he brings the funk and doesnt sit back we should be ok.

Im at 50/50 with him. Giving up 400 plus rushing yards to Mizzou and UK is about more than just injuries
    It's strange, Shoop has a proven track record, but I'm much more confident in Joe Moorhead than Shoop. I feel good about Joe, I think he's going to do a great job. I'm scared to death about Shoop. I know we are going to be Top 30 in defense. We have too much talent to be worse than that. I just wonder if he is going to get the absolute best out of our talent. I don't like seeing guys like Fletcher Adams at 3rd string DE whereas a Tre Brown is 2nd string DT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Belegal View Post
    Dawg 28- I show it as a sat game not thurs- if I'm wrong I need to change my room reservation
    I just checked. It’s Saturday, September 8th.

vCash
    I ain't scared of any of them. We are loaded and we are going whip ass every Sat. Do you negative ****ers get off on pissing on our Bulldogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I need to se them on the field in a competitive game before I buy into that. Not saying you are wrong, I just don't trust preseason evaluation when it comes to MSU. I'm too old a Dawg for that.
    Thats the thing- we've seen everybody except Guidry, Rivers, Landrews and Cole. We return the most starters in the SEC I believe. Last time that happened was 2014.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It's strange, Shoop has a proven track record, but I'm much more confident in Joe Moorhead than Shoop. I feel good about Joe, I think he's going to do a great job. I'm scared to death about Shoop. I know we are going to be Top 30 in defense. We have too much talent to be worse than that. I just wonder if he is going to get the absolute best out of our talent. I don't like seeing guys like Fletcher Adams at 3rd string DE whereas a Tre Brown is 2nd string DT.
    That wont stay that way. 2 practices into spring ball I wouldnt take the depth chart seriously. We know who are players are, Fletch is one of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    That wont stay that way. 2 practices into spring ball I wouldnt take the depth chart seriously. We know who are players are, Fletch is one of them
    Yes, but Fletcher and a lot of our other talented players can't play DT in a 4-2-5. We have the ideal depth and talent to play the 3-4, but apparently Shoop is going to run the scheme he's been running for the last 10 years instead of adjusting to our personnel.

vCash
    Yes, but Fletcher and a lot of our other talented players can't play DT in a 4-2-5. We have the ideal depth and talent to play the 3-4, but apparently Shoop is going to run the scheme he's been running for the last 10 years instead of adjusting to our personnel.
    Good point. Didnt think of that. But you can play inside if you're quick as hell have some nastiness and a motor that never lets up. Fletch has all 3. He would be a damn good slanting DT

vCash
    I’m ready to fast forward to Football now. This team is going to be dominant on both sides of the football, and we have a kicker who can actually make field goals.

vCash
    That's on Moorhead- he had the choice of hiring a 3-4 guy or a 4 front guy. And I disagree about the talent- we have the perfect talent for a 4 front. We actually have so much talent on D we could run anything. Our front is ridiculous with Sweat, Simmons, Thomas, and Rivers. Thats 4 draft picks right there. Then you add in quality depth- its just going to be fun to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Belegal View Post
    You're probably right. For some reason I thought it was a Thursday night game.

vCash
    Thats the thing- we've seen everybody except Guidry, Rivers, Landrews and Cole. We return the most starters in the SEC I believe. Last time that happened was 2014.
    New coaching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I ain't scared of any of them. We are loaded and we are going whip ass every Sat. Do you negative ****ers get off on pissing on our Bulldogs.
    Amen, brotha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    If we lose to Kansas State, it's going to be a long year.
    K State always plays very very hard against SEC teams. I remember a close game when they hosted Auburn on a Thursday night..I think, 4 or 5 years ago.

vCash
    It’s yet to be seen whether there’s any “that’s on Moorhead”. Everything about Moorhead’s history points to using the available talent rather than forcing a system.

The natural assumption is for success with this group. There is no evidence-base for a loser’s mentality with either this talent or this staff.

That lives somewhere, anywhere, outside of Starkville.

Banned
    vCash
    He likely wont have a team at State more talented than the one he will have this Fall. 8-4 would be complete failure
    If that is true, why did we hire him? My expectation is that he will continue to improve our football program for years to come. We won't win big every year. But some years we will. Next year, I think we lose to BAMA, Auburn, and LSU. And we could easily lose at K-State (very tough on their home turf) or Kentucky. I would say 8-4 should be our minimum and 10-2 our high end. Stick a gun to my head and I would say 9-3 with another trip to Florida for a bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    If that is true, why did we hire him? My expectation is that he will continue to improve our football program for years to come. We won't win big every year. But some years we will. Next year, I think we lose to BAMA, Auburn, and LSU. And we could easily lose at K-State (very tough on their home turf) or Kentucky. I would say 8-4 should be our minimum and 10-2 our high end. Stick a gun to my head and I would say 9-3 with another trip to Florida for a bowl.
    LSU's offense was shut out in their 1st scrimmage the other day. We arent losing to LSU- I dont care where the game is played.

My statement is based on the fact that this will be the most talented team we have had at State in my lifetime- and we are going to lose alot of it after this season. It's going to be hard to amass this much talent in Starkville again. We are one of the 10 most talented teams in the country.

vCash
    LSU's offense was shut out in their 1st scrimmage the other day.
    I thought this was hilarious. They play the toughest schedule in the country this year, that’ll be fun to watch.