Thread: The spelling of Dan Mullen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Who?
    Auburn QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Auburn QB
    I meant to reply to the original post by 61.

vCash
    It's pretty simple guys... His name is Dan Mullen. He is gone. but he did a lot of good for us while we had him. He actually likely did us a favor. He will be fired by UF in less than 5 years meanwhile we have a coach with more upside to replace him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I meant to reply to the original post by 61.
    Oh lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is where i'm at. As just a fan, I understand that coaches come and go, so what they do ain't gonna hurt me. However, lateral move pissed on his players and the administration that was loyal to him. For a Coach to tell his players they are family and he loves them while all the time having one foot out the door, I cannot forget. I appreciate what he did while he was here and the talent he left, but he pissed on his players, the very ones that are responsible for him being a millionaire. Don't respect or like him for the way he handled that. Screw him! Onto the JoMo ERA!
    These are my feelings as well. I actually like the name Lateral Move better than misspelling his name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    It's pretty simple guys... His name is Dan Mullen. He is gone. but he did a lot of good for us while we had him. He actually likely did us a favor. He will be fired by UF in less than 5 years meanwhile we have a coach with more upside to replace him.
    He didn't leave us on probation with an empty cupboard. I'll give him that. Joe walked onto a fully loaded battleship with a ready crew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Mullen to State in 2020!! ***

vCash
    Can't spell Mullen without an s.
    Last edited by dawgoneyall; 03-23-2018 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    I?ve broke up with many a chicks over the years. Each time, I was disappointed and sometimes heart broken: however each time, I learned things about myself and became a better person. Each time I found someone I liked a little better. Post egg bowl, I felt like the hot chick dumped me at prom to be with my friend.

Now I feel like the relationship had run it?s course. It was never going to get better. Now a better chick has came along and she has a lot of potential. It will all be ok and I have no ill feelings for Don Mullins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    how I spell his name from now on is how I deal with him ****ing us over after 9 years. I had his back for 9 years. I took up for him. I cheered him on like no other and now that he ****ed us and me I will misspell his name as long as I feel like it. Don't edit. Don't fix. Don't bitch. It's petty I know. But so is Dan Mullen so he won't be Dan Mullen to me for a very long time. He will be Don Muffins. I will fight people over this. Let us deal with it how we need to deal with it. Being petty about his name is how I choose to deal with it.
    Who?? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I just cannot muster the hate for Mullen that some of you have. I do not like him anymore, but I do not like any other sec coaches. If he were out of the sec, I probably would not even pull against him. Mullen was good for our program. Mullen left us a team that could very well contend for the sec this season... he must have been doing something right. With that said, I hope we beat Florida by 5 TDs
    I don't hate him either, but his leaving the way he did was very Tubberville-esque. Had he handled it like he should have, I really wouldn't have blamed him after the initial surprise.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I see the good things he brought us and left us but that doesn't change how he walked out the door. I don't respect how he handled the situation. Ask Fitzgerald about him and you'll get a similar response in private.

Yup
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    I got down on Jackie his last 2 or 3 years, but learned later how the UNM/NCAA deal was killing our recruiting and ability to keep asst. coaches. Jackie is true Maroon and I will always love how he taught us to win, ( I will be 63 next month and saw my first State/UNM game in '63, so I've lived through a lot of MSU losses.). I got over those last terrible years Jackie had and he will always be #1 to me (unless Jo takes me back to Atlanta and wins the SEC championship). Dan did some good things, but I will never get over how he used us and put Dan 1st. Always job searching after the bama game and not all-in in so many State/UNM games. Respect and love for Jackie. Time won't bring similar feelings toward Dan. Just me, but I still don't like the Journey song, but will help sing it again if we are stomping his Fl team at the end of the 3rd quarter this season! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I got down on Jackie his last 2 or 3 years, but learned later how the UNM/NCAA deal was killing our recruiting and ability to keep asst. coaches. Jackie is true Maroon and I will always love how he taught us to win, ( I will be 63 next month and saw my first State/UNM game in '63, so I've lived through a lot of MSU losses.). I got over those last terrible years Jackie had and he will always be #1 to me (unless Jo takes me back to Atlanta and wins the SEC championship). Dan did some good things, but I will never get over how he used us and put Dan 1st. Always job searching after the bama game and not all-in in so many State/UNM games. Respect and love for Jackie. Time won't bring similar feelings toward Dan. Just me, but I still don't like the Journey song, but will help sing it again if we are stomping his Fl team at the end of the 3rd quarter this season! Hail State!
    Jackie liked/loved MSU. He was trying. (But was fighting a bunch of AH's up north)

Dan was paid a lot of money to do/give his best-he didn't.

That is the difference in the character of the two.

Y'all can decide which type of character you prefer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I just cannot muster the hate for Mullen that some of you have. I do not like him anymore, but I do not like any other sec coaches. If he were out of the sec, I probably would not even pull against him. Mullen was good for our program. Mullen left us a team that could very well contend for the sec this season... he must have been doing something right. With that said, I hope we beat Florida by 5 TDs
    20/20 hindsight Could DM win game no. 11 with this team? Would DM be looking after game 11 and loose game 12?
    Last edited by Percho; 03-24-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    100X more respect for JWS than Muffins. multiple reasons.