Thread: Matt Luke Should Send Mullen a Thank You Card

vCash

Matt Luke Should Send Mullen a Thank You Card

Do you guys realize that the reason Matt Luke is the head coach at Ole Miss is because he beat a coach half assing it with 2 feet out the door?

If Mullen gives anywhere near 100% in the Egg Bowl, Matt Luke is probably the offensive line coach at South Alabama today.

WOW

vCash
    I thought Fat Luke won because our QB got his foot practically amputated in the first 5 minutes of the game. If that doesn't happen, we beat the dog shit out of umiss, "half-assing" coach or not.

Banned
    vCash
    Luke also needs to thank the network member who paid the bounty to take Fitz out.

vCash
    If Luke turns out like I think, we can probably thank Mullen too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Indeed

vCash
    I wonder if there was a clause in Mullen’s contract at MSU that allows MSU to recoup a portion of his salary for these sorts of issues?

I don’t care if it’s only $50, MSU should expose the issue and sue him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I thought Fat Luke won because our QB got his foot practically amputated in the first 5 minutes of the game. If that doesn't happen, we beat the dog shit out of umiss, "half-assing" coach or not.
    ^^^
    This

vCash
    I want to hear that there was some investigation and reprimand into these events, this game.

vCash
    I tend to think this is true, but Ole Miss was already up when that injury happened. And I'm pretty sure we had gone 3 and out already and had another drive stall.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I tend to think this is true, but Ole Miss was already up when that injury happened. And I'm pretty sure we had gone 3 and out already and had another drive stall.
    they knew how much money they were going to get if they won. the network was really mad pre-egg bowl last year.

vCash
    This! Good one, 7!

vCash
    I do not think his distraction is what lost that game. I have no doubt he wanted to win it and would have done so if Fitz hadn't been metaphorically assassinated, stalled early drives or no. The guy wants to compete and while I don't think he was fully prepared for what happened as he should have been, I don't think he had simply given up, either.

That loss is 99% bounty hunting and 1% Mullen shopping himself. I'm glad he found a buyer and I can't wait to beat him. I'm very excited about Moorhead. This could be a great season!

vCash
    Clicked on this thread to post this very thing. Beat me to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I wonder if there was a clause in Mullen?s contract at MSU that allows MSU to recoup a portion of his salary for these sorts of issues?

I don?t care if it?s only $50, MSU should expose the issue and sue him.

Mullen is past history at MSU. Nothing like you imagine is going to happen. No recoup, no suit, etc.

vCash
    Mullen was checked out for the Arkansas game and that hurt us more for the Egg Bowl than him being checked out Thanksgiving night . We should have beaten the shit out of Arkansas. If we did we could have played Keytaon some and he would have been more ready to come in the Egg Bowl. I would also guess that since Mullen knew he was leaving he didn't spend a lot of time with Keytaon late in the season because he knew he wouldn't be coaching him the next season. We had a makeshift staff full of grad assistants take Keytaon and beat a team much better than Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Mullen was checked out for the Arkansas game and that hurt us more for the Egg Bowl than him being checked out Thanksgiving night . We should have beaten the shit out of Arkansas. If we did we could have played Keytaon some and he would have been more ready to come in the Egg Bowl. I would also guess that since Mullen knew he was leaving he didn't spend a lot of time with Keytaon late in the season because he knew he wouldn't be coaching him the next season. We had a makeshift staff full of grad assistants take Keytaon and beat a team much better than Ole Miss.
    Great points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Do you guys realize that the reason Matt Luke is the head coach at Ole Miss is because he beat a coach half assing it with 2 feet out the door?

If Mullen gives anywhere near 100% in the Egg Bowl, Matt Luke is probably the offensive line coach at South Alabama today.

WOW
    If we dont turn it over 5 times, (may have been more i dont remember and dont feel like googling it) and Fitz not been purposely injured we win that game by 17 pts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    This is why Im not tripping over the EB last year. We know. They know we know. Thus why they havent talked as much shit. We will beat them in oxford in 2018 to end them with a 6-6 or 5-7 and us 10 or 11 wins