Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence that Dan was shopping himself before the Egg Bowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    He was gone after the Bama game .. remember that shit show in Fayetteville?
    And this wasn?t the first Egg Bowl that ole Danny Boy had planned on being his last .
    When was it that UF hired the idiot who is now at South Carolina?
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    He was gone after the Bama game .. remember that shit show in Fayetteville?
    And this wasn?t the first Egg Bowl that ole Danny Boy had planned on being his last .
    If you go back and listen to him during his halftime sideline interview in the 11am UMass game you can here he's made his mind up to leave. He was complaining about the crowd leading up to that game and he references it during the interview. To me that tells me he was searching for reasons to ok his decision to leave to himself. He was making excuses then on why he should leave. "Oh look they won't fill the stadium even after I asked them all week to fill the stadium". **** Dan. Looks to me like he told himself "either sell out the 11am game or I am leaving" knowing full well we wouldn't have a sellout during an 11am game vs UMass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    If you go back and listen to him during his halftime sideline interview in the 11am UMass game you can here he's made his mind up to leave. He was complaining about the crowd leading up to that game and he references it during the interview. To me that tells me he was searching for reasons to ok his decision to leave to himself. He was making excuses then on why he should leave. "Oh look they won't fill the stadium even after I asked them all week to fill the stadium". **** Dan. Looks to me like he told himself "either sell out the 11am game or I am leaving" knowing full well we wouldn't have a sellout during an 11am game vs UMass.
    I agree. He built a strawman so that he could justify screwing us because we "didn't support him". I think the job hunting started long before Egg Bowl week and even before the Alabama game. He's pretty lucky we didn't tell him to just hit the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. He built a strawman so that he could justify screwing us because we "didn't support him". I think the job hunting started long before Egg Bowl week and even before the Alabama game. He's pretty lucky we didn't tell him to just hit the road.
    Didn’t we go all week of the Arkansas game without practicing or did I make that up? Seems like I remember the announcers were saying he gave the team the week off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Didn’t we go all week of the Arkansas game without practicing or did I make that up? Seems like I remember the announcers were saying he gave the team the week off.
    We practiced - but non-contact and in helmets and no-pads. People on here were ape-shit about how soft we seemed for the Arky game because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Which kinda makes you think if he threw out some of the football facility upgrades in the same manner. If they don't build this then I'm out of here. And we built it. It's amazing at the drop off in his coaching and overall demeanor after 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Which kinda makes you think if he threw out some of the football facility upgrades in the same manner. If they don't build this then I'm out of here. And we built it. It's amazing at the drop off in his coaching and overall demeanor after 2010.
    It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Byrne had stayed around as AD.

We gave Dan everything he wanted and overpaid him. The only thing we couldn't give him was a sexy name on the front of the jersey to feed his ego.

vCash
    Oh, but we had a few on here singing the same tune!! You don?t remember the countless threads about how attendance will drive Mullen away and how we sucked as a fanbase??

Here are just a couple if you have the time to reminisce:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ght=Attendance

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ght=Attendance

vCash
    Why in the world did he ever schedule UMass anyway? Probalby most of us didn't even know they had a football team before we played them the first time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Why in the world did he ever schedule UMass anyway? Probalby most of us didn't even know they had a football team before we played them the first time.
    An audition for a future HC gig? Face it. Mullen may wind up there in four years after Flarda shitcans him (and Strick) in three years. There, he can keep his Country Club, be close to New Hampshire, run the Boston Marathon, go hiking in Europe, have down time away from coaching/recruiting, and keep a seven figure salary. You know, all the things he did here as an SEC HC that no other SEC school would have put up with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I maybe wrong, but I think that was the year Tulane dropped us suddenly and we had to reach out and find a home game to make up. UMass wasthe only one we could find.

vCash
    After we lost Bama game, Mullen was not interested anymore.

vCash
    And that was obviously almost every year he was here (always drew up that butt against bama), and especially 4 of the last 6 games against UNM which were losses. Their players always looked like that wanted it more than Dan's teams in those games.

vCash
    After we lost which Bama game.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    lol
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    This year. Hence, the Arkansas game.

vCash
    Damn, Mullen set up a time to meet the guy and then wouldn’t respond to the guys text asking for confirmation the night before.

vCash
    17 yankee

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not going to hit the link because it'll just piss me off more than I am right now. and I, like everybody else by now , knows it was going on. 34 schooled the hell out of many of us on this shit way back when including my self.

my football memories go back to '69 when I was 6 yrs old sitting in my small chair and desk listening to us beat tsun while Archie was on the sideline with a cast. For the 1st time in my life, we actually had a HC leave for another job instead of being fired. being ranked # 1 for 5 weeks, blowing out MI in the gator bowl, the most lobsided egg bowl win in our history. I think these things are more significant than the # of .500 SEC seasons we've had in the last 20 years.

In my opinion, a new day has arrived for MSU football. we now have a proven HC who seems to have way more character and integrity than Mullen. I'm excited to see what happens now that we have replaced the country club with a HC and staff that's got some work ethic and sincerity about their jobs. JO MO had a sweet gig he left to come down here. I'd be willing to bet he analyzed the hell out of the move prior to saying "I do" to Cohen. I think JO MO knows he's got a gig that he can succeed at . no way he leaves Penn State to come down here if he didn't have a good idea about what he could accomplish in StarkVegas.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-23-2018 at 12:10 PM.

vCash
    A history of Dan Mullen:

2009 - 100% Dan - we are respectable, hard nosed, 5-7, 1 play away from an LSU upset and a bowl and a BS holding call against Houston that negated a touchdown from possibly even better.

2010 - 100% Dan - 9-4 - and a BS 1st spot by AU and a BS illegal forward pass call vs. Arky away from 10-2 regular season.
    Late 2010 - Dan blows Miami interview because "he thinks he invented football"

2011 - Sulky Dan 50% - 7-6 - Stuck where he doesn't want to be, gets hosed again by Auburn, gives up season until realizing he has to beat OM to make a bowl. Kicks OM ass to make bowl.

2012 -Pissy Dan 85% - 8-5 - Dan realizes to get interviews this year, he needs to win. 7-0 "We believe". Starts looking, shits bed against Bama, LSU, A&M, OM. Losses job offers. Really gives no shits in Gator as Russell throws 2,000 INTS in a winnable game with Dak on the bench.

2013 - Sulky Dan 50% - 7-6 -Stuck again, Dan looks clueless in OSU opener trying get Russell killed running read option. Hosed again by BS against Auburn, Dan gives up but Dak wills us to enough wins to make a Bowl and 7-6.

2014 - Rockstar Dan 90% - 10-3 - Dan realizes he has all the tools he needs to make a run at a new job and "nobody knows what is about to take this field" - Team whips holy ass and becomes #1. Dan puckers up at Bama and becomes Sulky Dan for rest of season. Shits bed against Ole Miss and GT. Dan gets no job.

2015 - Check Down Dan 75% - 9-4 - Dan figures he can turn Dak into an NFL star. Does so, but cares about only that and getting a new job. A kick against LSU away from another 10 win season. Dan starts looking late, and a Bama loss, a lucky win vs Arky, and an OM shit show ensue.
    Dan gets stuck in Stark again after Richt snakes Miami from him.

2016 - Bitch Dan 25% - 6-7 - Dan gives so few shits hires Sirmon and he can't decide on a QB. Locker room splits. Some fans think Fitz is prettyboy/gay/party boy with no heart and leadership, Staley is a clown, and Dam Williams is the future. Fitz shows everyone who's boss, wills us to 5 wins, and our GPA saves us for a bowl and win 6.

2017 - Judas Dan 85% - 9-4 - Dan realizes he has a power running game and another future NFL QB but actually needs a defense. Gives everyone wood by hiring Grantham and adding JUCO talent. Dan puckers up against UGA and AU, but they are damn good. Coaches best game against Bama and almost wins. Is determined to get out and almost loses to a terrible Arky team, then is dreaming of orange creamsicle and blue tick hounds while OM plays one of the dirtiest games in history. Dan wakes up sometime in the 4th quarter and starts calling plays again but by then it's too late. Scott Stricklin phones a friend after being laughed at by everyone else, and Dan ****s him for way too much money.

-fin-
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-23-2018 at 12:11 PM.