Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Evidence that Dan was shopping himself before the Egg Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    This happened in 14 and 12
    There were many losses to UNM under Dan where I could tell they wanted it more than us and were better prepared when the teams and coaches hit the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    agenda was the word used by Liverpool, 7, and others when they didnt like what I was saying about Mullen. I supposedly had some type of crazy agenda aagainst him
    To be honest, it didn't feel like an agenda against Mullen but an agenda against State football... now, I know that isn't really the case, but it felt that way at the time..
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think at least some of Dan's perceived success has to do with the rise of the power 5 conferences. See USM- in 1980 they beat one of our best teams ever 42-14. As recent as 1990 we beat them 13-10 on a last second field goal. Fast forward to 2014- we beat them down 49-0 and it should have been 63-0. Then the next year we beat them in Hattiesburg something like 34-17 with Dak not being able to run and I believe USM won their division that year. Then you have the fact that you have the 12th game which is essentially a gimmie against a FCS team and it's easier to make a bowl than ever- a 5-7 team making a bowl was unheard of in years past.

Then the reality is Dan only had one winning SEC season and it clearly shows that he raised the floor but not the ceiling. And I think a lot of average coaches could have done what Dan did at MSU in the same era.
    The reality is we haven't had that many winning seasons in that short a span since the 40s. It doesn't fit your narrative but it's the truth. I'm greatful to Mullen for several things I thought I'd never see. That being said he is gone. He has moved on. I've moved on. It's time we all did.

Another thing: If JoMo is successful the rumors will start almost immediately. I hope they do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    To be honest, it didn't feel like an agenda against Mullen but an agenda against State football... now, I know that isn't really the case, but it felt that way at the time..
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    After we lost Bama game, Mullen was not interested anymore.
    After we lost which Bama game.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    lol
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The reality is we haven't had that many winning seasons in that short a span since the 40s. It doesn't fit your narrative but it's the truth. I'm greatful to Mullen for several things I thought I'd never see. That being said he is gone. He has moved on. I've moved on. It's time we all did.

Another thing: If JoMo is successful the rumors will start almost immediately. I hope they do!
    There is no narrative. You're clueless about the state of college football now compared to decades past.

In 1989- 1990 we had two 5-6 seasons under Felker. In today's game with the added FCS team and added bowls both of those teams are bowl teams- much like Dan's 2011 and 2013 teams.

Between 1991-2000 Jackie would have gone:

1991- 8-5
    1992- 8-5
    1993- Who knows? Would have been 6-6 at best but with no OT we had two ties. I'm going to split hairs and guess that we beat Arkansas State in OT and lose to Arkansas on the road in Little Rock in OT to go 5-7. This would have been our first non-bowl season in four years by today's standards.
    1994- 9-4
    1995- 4-8
    1996- 6-6
    1997- 8-4 This team didn't go bowling despite 7 wins.
    1998- 9-5 SEC West Champs
    1999- 11-2
    2000- 9-4

So, between 1996-2000 Jackie would have gone to four bowls in a row by today's standards. And would have definitively gone to 8 in 10 years while the program would have definitively gone to 10 in 12 years overall. And if things go our way in OT in 1993 it's 9 in 10 years and 11 in 12 years.

The 2000's sucked for us not because of our history but because we were being investigated, on probation, and made a bad hire that still managed to make a bowl in 2007. After 2009 we went right back on our trajectory in the 1990's- except with fewer big time wins than the 1990's.

2009- 5-7
    2010- 9-4
    2011- 7-6
    2012- 8-5
    2013- 7-6
    2014- 10-3
    2015- 9-4
    2016- 6-7
    2017- 9-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There is no narrative. You're clueless about the state of college football now compared to decades past.

In 1989- 1990 we had two 5-6 seasons under Felker. In today's game with the added FCS team and added bowls both of those teams are bowl teams- much like Dan's 2011 and 2013 teams.

Between 1991-2000 Jackie would have gone:

1991- 8-5
    1992- 8-5
    1993- Who knows? Would have been 6-6 at best but with no OT we had two ties. I'm going to split hairs and guess that we beat Arkansas State in OT and lose to Arkansas on the road in Little Rock in OT to go 5-7. This would have been our first non-bowl season in four years by today's standards.
    1994- 9-4
    1995- 4-8
    1996- 6-6
    1997- 8-4 This team didn't go bowling despite 7 wins.
    1998- 9-5 SEC West Champs
    1999- 11-2
    2000- 9-4

So, between 1996-2000 Jackie would have gone to four bowls in a row by today's standards. And would have definitively gone to 8 in 10 years while the program would have definitively gone to 10 in 12 years overall. And if things go our way in OT in 1993 it's 9 in 10 years and 11 in 12 years.

The 2000's sucked for us not because of our history but because we were being investigated, on probation, and made a bad hire that still managed to make a bowl in 2007. After 2009 we went right back on our trajectory in the 1990's- except with fewer big time wins than the 1990's.

2009- 5-7
    2010- 9-4
    2011- 7-6
    2012- 8-5
    2013- 7-6
    2014- 10-3
    2015- 9-4
    2016- 6-7
    2017- 9-4
    Rep. Liverpool thinks we dont deserve no better than living with the shoes.

We should be glad Mullen used us!!! We were number 1 for like 5 weeks dude!!***

vCash
    I gotta ask:

Are you cats pissed at Delane Michaels because he:
    1. Left for a better gig?
    2. Allowed his search for said gig to compromise his current gig?
    3. Shit the bed vs OM and couldn't win "big" games (multiple times)?
    4. His demeanor?
    5. All of the above/other?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    This year. Hence, the Arkansas game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I gotta ask:

Are you cats pissed at Delane Michaels because he:
    1. Left for a better gig?
    2. Allowed his search for said gig to compromise his current gig?
    3. Shit the bed vs OM and couldn't win "big" games (multiple times)?
    4. His demeanor?
    5. All of the above/other?
    1 NO

2. YES

3. Partially. kinda hard to win when your playing against hired assassins paid to amputate limbs.

4. he's an asshole. nuff said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Why in the world did he ever schedule UMass anyway? Probalby most of us didn't even know they had a football team before we played them the first time.
    I maybe wrong, but I think that was the year Tulane dropped us suddenly and we had to reach out and find a home game to make up. UMass wasthe only one we could find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Rep. Liverpool thinks we dont deserve no better than living with the shoes.

We should be glad Mullen used us!!! We were number 1 for like 5 weeks dude!!***
    Unreal. EVERY coach uses every team. It?s a job and a business. JoMo is doing the same. So did Jackie.

vCash
    Mullen is the only Coach in my lifetime not to be fired or resign (see JWS who would have been fired). Now I'm not happy with the way thing went down or how Mullen left but now I could care less. Coaches do what Mullen did more often than not, hell look at our society and things now days are just different, no respect and if you don't agree with someone they start hating, try to dig up information that can destroy ones reputation or even kill folks!

Move on little wanna be sport writers, who really gives a crap why or how he left now. Talk about the present or the NIT or girls basketball, hey our sorry ass baseball program right now. Nothing anyone sys about Mullen will change things, fact is it's very boring as again I could care less and so should most of you.

Btw, I've been following Msu baseball probably longer than most who read or post on ED. This is the first year ever I have no interest about this year. Pretty sad to me.
    Last edited by basedog; 03-24-2018 at 09:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Mullen is the only Coach in my lifetime not to be fired or resign (see JWS who would have been fired). Now I'm not happy with the way thing went down or how Mullen left but now I could care less. Coaches do what Mullen did more often than not, hell look at our society and things now days are just different, no respect and if you don't agree with someone they start hating, try to dig up information that can destroy ones reputation or even kill folks!

Move on little wanna be sport writers, who really gives a crap why or how he left now. Talk about the present or the NIT or girls basketball, hey our sorry ass baseball program right now. Nothing anyone sys about Mullen will change things, fact is it's very boring as again I could care less and so should most of you.

Btw, I've been following Msu baseball probably longer than most who read or post on ED. This is the first year ever I have no interest about this year. Pretty sad to me.
    Yep. I'd add that JWS was gong to be fired. He in effect was.

vCash
    Yep. I'd add that JWS was gong to be fired. He in effect was.
    JWS just was burn out for many reasons.

Btw, speaking of history, here is a stat that was kinda surprising to me. Msu overall baseball winning % just for Sec play = 53%. Of the other 13 Sec schools we have a winning record over 8 other Sec schools.

vCash

Msu overall baseball winning % just for Sec play = 53%. Of the other 13 Sec schools we have a winning record over 8 other Sec schools.
    Now that’s just downright depressing.

vCash
    Our fans have a very inflated view of our baseball program vs what we really are
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Unreal. EVERY coach uses every team. It?s a job and a business. JoMo is doing the same. So did Jackie.
    No they dont. According to you and others Mullen was never using us to begin with

vCash
    JWS just was burn out for many reasons.

Btw, speaking of history, here is a stat that was kinda surprising to me. Msu overall baseball winning % just for Sec play = 53%. Of the other 13 Sec schools we have a winning record over 8 other Sec schools.
    I'd say most teams in the SEC arent much better than that historically. Maybe LSU. Winning records over 8 of 13 aint bad in the best league in the country