Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence that Dan was shopping himself before the Egg Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. He built a strawman so that he could justify screwing us because we "didn't support him". I think the job hunting started long before Egg Bowl week and even before the Alabama game. He's pretty lucky we didn't tell him to just hit the road.
    Which kinda makes you think if he threw out some of the football facility upgrades in the same manner. If they don't build this then I'm out of here. And we built it. It's amazing at the drop off in his coaching and overall demeanor after 2010.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Lloyd Dobler said it best - "She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."

Most spot-on facial expression in movie history.

Unrelated to anything anyone's talking about, but I loved this part in Better Off Dead:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Didn’t we go all week of the Arkansas game without practicing or did I make that up? Seems like I remember the announcers were saying he gave the team the week off.
    We practiced - but non-contact and in helmets and no-pads. People on here were ape-shit about how soft we seemed for the Arky game because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Damn you nailed this in terrific detail

Minor detail - you guys need to quit pinning the 2012 and 2013 Russell/Dak stuff on Muffins. Most coaches would have done the same thing. Russell was not a bad quarterback, and we'd have been better in 2013 had he not gotten hurt. Dak was in no way ready to play in 2012
    He was ready enough. You could tell even then the offense had a different energy to it and the kids responded to him.

I do agree Russell wasnt terrible but he was a terrible fit for what Mullen wanted. Mullen did a awful job adjusting his scheme to Russell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    But I thought I was the bad guy making all this up because of my "agenda"?
    I never once accused you of an agenda with Mullen. I was pretty critical of Danny 2 gloves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I never once accused you of an agenda with Mullen. I was pretty critical of Danny 2 gloves
    Liverpool and the other Mullenites did

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ere-an-apology

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...e-a-2-week-ban
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    They just had their heads so far up danny 2 gloves's ass they could probably find hev in there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    If you go back and listen to him during his halftime sideline interview in the 11am UMass game you can here he's made his mind up to leave. He was complaining about the crowd leading up to that game and he references it during the interview. To me that tells me he was searching for reasons to ok his decision to leave to himself. He was making excuses then on why he should leave. "Oh look they won't fill the stadium even after I asked them all week to fill the stadium". **** Dan. Looks to me like he told himself "either sell out the 11am game or I am leaving" knowing full well we wouldn't have a sellout during an 11am game vs UMass.
    Oh, but we had a few on here singing the same tune!! You don?t remember the countless threads about how attendance will drive Mullen away and how we sucked as a fanbase??

Here are just a couple if you have the time to reminisce:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ght=Attendance

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ght=Attendance

vCash
    Mullenites? Didn't God smite them in the Bible? We need to ask PreacherMatt.*****

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I still believe Cohen ended Dan's cozy little deal here at State. Dan could intimidate Strick but not Cohen (hence why he was more apt to take the UF gig). Cohen wanted the country Club broken up, Dan to stop whoring himself and recruiting kicked up a couple of notches. Dan saw his ride was over and bailed at the first legit opportunity. If Strick was still our AD, Dan would still be our HC.
    And we have a winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We practiced - but non-contact and in helmets and no-pads. People on here were ape-shit about how soft we seemed for the Arky game because of it.
    I knew it was something like that. I was livid too

vCash
    Not to go down this rabbit hole so you can pat your back some more, but you still don't get it. The majority were just saying how your timing sucked not that you were definitely wrong. Just had to be the first with the bad news. Don't see any agenda accusations in those threads. Maybe I missed some of the back story?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    If you go back and listen to him during his halftime sideline interview in the 11am UMass game you can here he's made his mind up to leave. He was complaining about the crowd leading up to that game and he references it during the interview. To me that tells me he was searching for reasons to ok his decision to leave to himself. He was making excuses then on why he should leave. "Oh look they won't fill the stadium even after I asked them all week to fill the stadium". **** Dan. Looks to me like he told himself "either sell out the 11am game or I am leaving" knowing full well we wouldn't have a sellout during an 11am game vs UMass.
    Why in the world did he ever schedule UMass anyway? Probalby most of us didn't even know they had a football team before we played them the first time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    One correction, Dan was going to Maryland in 2015 before he started flirting with Miami. He tried to string along Maryland while he found out about Miami but Maryland got tired of his bullshit and hired someone else. What he did to UT was what he was doing to Maryland, Miami ended up hiring Richt and Maryland didn't wait around. This all comes from a high up Maryland grad that had no connection to MSU.

Edit to add: It really makes sense now that he did the exact same thing to UT, he just didn't get the Miami job.
    He must have really been unhappy here if he was considering going to Maryland. That would be a giant step backward, but probably an easier place to win.

vCash
    Mullenites, lol. MSUites is more like it. Mullen is gone. I have no need to defend him now. Have at him. JoMo is the coach now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Which kinda makes you think if he threw out some of the football facility upgrades in the same manner. If they don't build this then I'm out of here. And we built it. It's amazing at the drop off in his coaching and overall demeanor after 2010.
    It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Byrne had stayed around as AD.

We gave Dan everything he wanted and overpaid him. The only thing we couldn't give him was a sexy name on the front of the jersey to feed his ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He must have really been unhappy here if he was considering going to Maryland. That would be a giant step backward, but probably an easier place to win.
    I think he used Maryland as leverage. "Hey, Miami I have another job offer from a Big 10 school that's close to my home"...

I think it would be easier to win at MSU than Maryland IMO.

The same with Tennessee probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Mullenites, lol. MSUites is more like it. Mullen is gone. I have no need to defend him now. Have at him. JoMo is the coach now.
    Groupthink is not the best thing for MSU in any sport. See MSU baseball circa 1992-2008.

Not to mention how silly you look now. Ranging from "Who could we possibly get that's as good as Dan Mullen?" Answer- one of the top OC and offensive minds in all of college football with a guy that Tennessee hired and is one of the best recruiters in the country who knows the Nick Saban system basically begging for our job who WE turned down. That's right- TENNESSEE had to hire a guy we didn't want. To "Dan Mullen to Maryland isn't true".

It's good to support the program- but high standards must be maintained. And if a coach isn't maintaining those standards whether it be wins/losses, recruiting, looking for jobs indiscriminately or whatever the case may be- that coach should be called out on it rather than blindly defended. There's a big difference in support and sticking your head in the sand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think he used Maryland as leverage. "Hey, Miami I have another job offer from a Big 10 school that's close to my home"...

I think it would be easier to win at MSU than Maryland IMO.

The same with Tennessee probably.
    He got interested in Maryland because UnderArmor was supposed to pump some money into the program. The owner is a Maryland guy or something like that. He wanted the Miami and Georgia jobs badly. His AD buddy couldnt help him at Georgia because the money guys wanted Kirby and then Richt backdoored him at Miami at the last second. Whats funny is he promised to bring Manny with him to Miami and they got him anyway but didnt hire Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    There's nothing you can defend. You were wrong as usual.