Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
1. No.
2. YES. Look, I get that people want to better themselves and we all have probably looked for other jobs at one point in time. But there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Dan did it the wrong way in just about every aspect. I feel like he made it more about "look at all these people that want ME" by putting his name out there all the time. At any rate, you should not let your job search affect how you perform at your current job and he did. Allegedly we went through the Arkansas week in shirts and shells. Then he was talking to both Tennessee and Florida- and Stricklin asked for permission to speak to Dan and Cohen told Scott not until after the Egg Bowl- but there is evidence that Stricklin indeed talked to Florida before the Egg Bowl.
3. Yes. He completely lost me after he screwed up Dak's senior day. That said, he did technically leave with a winning record against Ole Miss- so it's more accurate to say losing to Ole Miss two of his last three years. I'll get to the other big games in just a minute.
4. No. I didn't care about that.
5. As far as the big games what frustrated me was the fact that he showed me multiple times that he could not manage a close game in a high profile situation. But I felt like there were things that he did that severely hindered us and to be quite frank we are not a program that can go out there with one hand tied behind our back and reach our full potential as a team. This includes- not playing the best players enough or using them in ways that didn't fit their skill set like Kivon Coman and Brandon Holloway among others. Not recruiting well and not appearing to want to do much to improve that. Obviously not recruiting well limits what we can put out on the field. Not holding his friends on the offensive side of the ball accountable whether it be for poor coaching performance, poor recruiting or both. Meanwhile the defensive staff was constantly blamed for the team's shortcomings creating a revolving door of DC's. He also paid very little attention to special teams or did weird things with special teams which I feel like is another area where we can not afford to be poor in.

So, as I said I was completely done with him after 2015 and wanted him gone at that point. I felt like he had his head up his ass, wouldn't improve, and on top of it all it was clear to me that he didn't want to be here. Even worse we made it relatively hard for anyone to take him because we overpaid him. What is even more frustrating is he showed us what he could do if he is focused at times even after 2015.

I'll say this - if Dan is still around I would expect us to 9-3 or 8-4 at best. Now I am expecting 10-2.
Who do you expect us to lose to beside Alabama? I think we have a good chance of surprising them in Tuscaloosa.

Losing to South Alabama was another big shortcoming. And not playing Fitz but 3 plays to start the game. The entire season was a disaster.

What happened to screw up Dak's senior day? I assume a loss to Ole Miss?