vCash
    Yawn.
    C'mawn.
    He gawn.
    Moving awn.

Get off my lawn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The 2000's sucked for us not because of our history but because we were being investigated, on probation, and made a bad hire that still managed to make a bowl in 2007. After 2009 we went right back on our trajectory in the 1990's- except with fewer big time wins than the 1990's.
    Good post Todd, but I'm going to push back a little on the more "Big Wins" in the 90s. I consider "Big Wins" as SEC games, Top 25 wins, P5 Regular season wins, and Bowls.
    JWS - 42-60-1 (.408) vs.SEC; 9-34 (.209) v. Top 25; 5-4 (.556) v. P5 in regular season; and 2-4 (.333) in Bowls
    CDM - 31-41 (.431) v SEC; 7-33 (.175) v. Top 25 (in 4 fewer seasons); 1-3 (.250) v. P5; and 6-2 (.750) in Bowls

The only real difference is Jackie beat Alabama and Dan didn't, and Dan played far tougher SEC competition season to season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I gotta ask:

Are you cats pissed at Delane Michaels because he:
    1. Left for a better gig?
    2. Allowed his search for said gig to compromise his current gig?
    3. Shit the bed vs OM and couldn't win "big" games (multiple times)?
    4. His demeanor?
    5. All of the above/other?
    Just 2 and 3. Hail State!

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I gotta ask:

4. His demeanor?
    MOST Definitely #2 and somewhat on #3.
    On the former, this is now apparent that it happened MULTIPLE TIMES over his final 4 years or so. And that?s not cool at all

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Good post Todd, but I'm going to push back a little on the more "Big Wins" in the 90s. I consider "Big Wins" as SEC games, Top 25 wins, P5 Regular season wins, and Bowls.
    JWS - 42-60-1 (.408) vs.SEC; 9-34 (.209) v. Top 25; 5-4 (.556) v. P5 in regular season; and 2-4 (.333) in Bowls
    CDM - 31-41 (.431) v SEC; 7-33 (.175) v. Top 25 (in 4 fewer seasons); 1-3 (.250) v. P5; and 6-2 (.750) in Bowls

The only real difference is Jackie beat Alabama and Dan didn't, and Dan played far tougher SEC competition season to season.
    Deldte
    Last edited by Bully13; 03-24-2018 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No they dont. According to you and others Mullen was never using us to begin with
    Yes they do. They use us and we use them. That's the way the world works.

vCash
    I gotta ask:

4. His demeanor?
    1. No.
    2. YES. Look, I get that people want to better themselves and we all have probably looked for other jobs at one point in time. But there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Dan did it the wrong way in just about every aspect. I feel like he made it more about "look at all these people that want ME" by putting his name out there all the time. At any rate, you should not let your job search affect how you perform at your current job and he did. Allegedly we went through the Arkansas week in shirts and shells. Then he was talking to both Tennessee and Florida- and Stricklin asked for permission to speak to Dan and Cohen told Scott not until after the Egg Bowl- but there is evidence that Stricklin indeed talked to Florida before the Egg Bowl.
    3. Yes. He completely lost me after he screwed up Dak's senior day. That said, he did technically leave with a winning record against Ole Miss- so it's more accurate to say losing to Ole Miss two of his last three years. I'll get to the other big games in just a minute.
    4. No. I didn't care about that.
    5. As far as the big games what frustrated me was the fact that he showed me multiple times that he could not manage a close game in a high profile situation. But I felt like there were things that he did that severely hindered us and to be quite frank we are not a program that can go out there with one hand tied behind our back and reach our full potential as a team. This includes- not playing the best players enough or using them in ways that didn't fit their skill set like Kivon Coman and Brandon Holloway among others. Not recruiting well and not appearing to want to do much to improve that. Obviously not recruiting well limits what we can put out on the field. Not holding his friends on the offensive side of the ball accountable whether it be for poor coaching performance, poor recruiting or both. Meanwhile the defensive staff was constantly blamed for the team's shortcomings creating a revolving door of DC's. He also paid very little attention to special teams or did weird things with special teams which I feel like is another area where we can not afford to be poor in.

So, as I said I was completely done with him after 2015 and wanted him gone at that point. I felt like he had his head up his ass, wouldn't improve, and on top of it all it was clear to me that he didn't want to be here. Even worse we made it relatively hard for anyone to take him because we overpaid him. What is even more frustrating is he showed us what he could do if he is focused at times even after 2015.

I'll say this - if Dan is still around I would expect us to 9-3 or 8-4 at best. Now I am expecting 10-2.

vCash

I just consider big wins very broadly- top 25 wins. It should be noted that Jackie's last three seasons skew his SEC and overall win totals when you compare them to today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    Yawn.
    C'mawn.
    He gawn.
    Moving awn.

Get off my lawn.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yes they do. They use us and we use them. That's the way the world works.
    Mike Gundy talked to UT but he didnt do it the day before they played oklahoma. So is it you're wrong or Mullen was just sorry? In Liverpools world we shouldve built mullen a statue and should feel grateful he blessed us with his presence for 9 years

vCash
    Nevermind
    Last edited by CrazyEyeKilla; 03-25-2018 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    I just consider big wins very broadly- top 25 wins. It should be noted that Jackie's last three seasons skew his SEC and overall win totals when you compare them to today.
    There is no skewing he sucked it up big time during those years. It is exactly what it is. Your making excuses. His entire body of work is less than Mullen.

Banned
    vCash
    Do you understand the definition of skewing? And apparently you didn?t watch much MSU football in the 90?s. I know sitting my ass in the Georgia dome for the sec championship game felt a lot better than sitting my ass in Bryant Denny in 2014.

vCash
    Ok - so if you focus on Top 25 only, Dan still had almost as many T25 wins in fewer seasons. The difference is we were playing 4-5 T25 teams a year under Dan and only 2-3 a year under Jackie. It created a perception of fewer Big Wins under Dan.

And before you go there - yes, 10 of those losses were in Jackie?s last 3 seasons. But, 2 of those wins were in season 10 of 13 - which Dan didn?t have here. So factoring that in, comparing 9 v 9 - Jackie was 7-24 and Dan 7-33. Dan played a far tougher schedule and had the same # of Top 25 wins as Jackie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ababyatemydingo View Post
    Do you understand the definition of skewing? And apparently you didn?t watch much MSU football in the 90?s. I know sitting my ass in the Georgia dome for the sec championship game felt a lot better than sitting my ass in Bryant Denny in 2014.
    But my ass was much happier leaving the Auburn game in ?14 than leaving the Georgia Dome in ?98.

Banned
    vCash
    I wasn?t replying to you. But if you must, how many big games did Mullen win? vs how many big games did Sherrill win? Dan padded his record with a ***** schedule. And shat the bed in almost every game where his gonads were on the line and he could have made a statement. In 2014, auburn began the season vastly overrated. As usual. Before our game the only team worth a crap that they had beaten was LSU. And that was debatable. Auburn ended the year 8-5. And lost 4 if their last 7. So yeah, that auburn win wasn?t the Mack daddy it appeared at the time.

vCash
    But my ass was much happier leaving the Auburn game in ?14 than leaving the Georgia Dome in ?98.
    But I've never felt as good as a fan as the second we ran out of that tunnel in Atlanta in 1998.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ababyatemydingo View Post
    I wasn?t replying to you. But if you must, how many big games did Mullen win? vs how many big games did Sherrill win? Dan padded his record with a ***** schedule. And shat the bed in almost every game where his gonads were on the line and he could have made a statement. In 2014, auburn began the season vastly overrated. As usual. Before our game the only team worth a crap that they had beaten was LSU. And that was debatable. Auburn ended the year 8-5. And lost 4 if their last 7. So yeah, that auburn win wasn?t the Mack daddy it appeared at the time.
    I always love how many of our fans try to find ways to downplay accomplishments after the fact. If we had lost that AU game in ?14 and they had finished 9-4 or 10-3 people would claim that we shit the bed again against a Top 25 team.

Jackie played one less OOC cupcake team a year - but also had downright shitty LSU, USC, and KY programs on the schedule every year. Jackie was a combined 16-21 against those 3, not to mention the every year WTF losses to Arkansas State, Troy, or whoever.

Add to it, under the ever shifting metric of ?Big Win? - only one of Jackie?s wins against Bama counts as a ?Big Game? - 1996 - because the other 3 wins came against Bama teams who weren?t ranked (see, I can shit on big wins just like you).

And again - in 9 seasons Jackie won the same number of games against Top 25 teams - 7 wins - as Dan. Dan faced 10 more Top 25 opponents, so tell me again who benefited from a ***** schedule.

I?m not trying to knock Jackie either, or defend Dan. It?s just simple truth of statistics and how memories influence our perceptions.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 03-25-2018 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    But I've never felt as good as a fan as the second we ran out of that tunnel in Atlanta in 1998.
    Agree totally.

vCash
    1. No.
    2. YES. Look, I get that people want to better themselves and we all have probably looked for other jobs at one point in time. But there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Dan did it the wrong way in just about every aspect. I feel like he made it more about "look at all these people that want ME" by putting his name out there all the time. At any rate, you should not let your job search affect how you perform at your current job and he did. Allegedly we went through the Arkansas week in shirts and shells. Then he was talking to both Tennessee and Florida- and Stricklin asked for permission to speak to Dan and Cohen told Scott not until after the Egg Bowl- but there is evidence that Stricklin indeed talked to Florida before the Egg Bowl.
    3. Yes. He completely lost me after he screwed up Dak's senior day. That said, he did technically leave with a winning record against Ole Miss- so it's more accurate to say losing to Ole Miss two of his last three years. I'll get to the other big games in just a minute.
    4. No. I didn't care about that.
    5. As far as the big games what frustrated me was the fact that he showed me multiple times that he could not manage a close game in a high profile situation. But I felt like there were things that he did that severely hindered us and to be quite frank we are not a program that can go out there with one hand tied behind our back and reach our full potential as a team. This includes- not playing the best players enough or using them in ways that didn't fit their skill set like Kivon Coman and Brandon Holloway among others. Not recruiting well and not appearing to want to do much to improve that. Obviously not recruiting well limits what we can put out on the field. Not holding his friends on the offensive side of the ball accountable whether it be for poor coaching performance, poor recruiting or both. Meanwhile the defensive staff was constantly blamed for the team's shortcomings creating a revolving door of DC's. He also paid very little attention to special teams or did weird things with special teams which I feel like is another area where we can not afford to be poor in.

So, as I said I was completely done with him after 2015 and wanted him gone at that point. I felt like he had his head up his ass, wouldn't improve, and on top of it all it was clear to me that he didn't want to be here. Even worse we made it relatively hard for anyone to take him because we overpaid him. What is even more frustrating is he showed us what he could do if he is focused at times even after 2015.

I'll say this - if Dan is still around I would expect us to 9-3 or 8-4 at best. Now I am expecting 10-2.
    Who do you expect us to lose to beside Alabama? I think we have a good chance of surprising them in Tuscaloosa.

Losing to South Alabama was another big shortcoming. And not playing Fitz but 3 plays to start the game. The entire season was a disaster.

What happened to screw up Dak's senior day? I assume a loss to Ole Miss?