Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence that Dan was shopping himself before the Egg Bowl

vCash

Evidence that Dan was shopping himself before the Egg Bowl

https://247sports.com/college/tennes...eren-116582734

And if I remember correctly Stricklin contacted him either the day before or the day of the game.

vCash
    17 that POS.

Banned
    vCash
    Damn reading that makes ya kinda feel bad for Currie. He was all set to hire Mullen and Mullen ****ed him. Dan Mullen is getting scummier by the second. Florida gonna have to throw him out with the spoiled milk soon.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-23-2018 at 10:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Damn reading that makes ya kinda feel bad for Currie. He was all set to hire Mullen and Mullen ****ed him. Dan Mullen is getting scummier by the second. Florida gonna have to throw him out with the spoiled milk soon.
    And Stricklin too.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-23-2018 at 10:01 AM.

vCash
    Where is liverpool and all the mullenties???????

You were all fooled

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/tennes...eren-116582734

And if I remember correctly Stricklin contacted him either the day before or the day of the game.
    Dan was leaving Starkvegas even if he had to take a year off from coaching to get a different job. He's a good actor. Really thought he enjoyed the years in Vegas, but apparently was even looking after his first contract was up, but nobody bit on him. So, he just stayed on til even he couldn't stand it any more.

vCash
    I bet Mullen has some interesting DM's..... not as interesting as Cann's.... but then again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I bet Mullen has some interesting DM's..... not as interesting as Cann's.... but then again...
    Wrong woman.

vCash
    It definitely shows Mullen's head was in other places on the night of the Egg Bowl. Coach Moorhead's offense will be like chess versus Dan Mullen's checkers. That being said, Mississippi State has finished above .500 in the conference exactly ONE time in the last 18 years. I believe Moorhead is the guy to take us to that "next level" but it is still a monumental task.

vCash
    Absolute 17ing BS by Mullen imo.

I think Mullen is an excellent football coach that MSU only got about 85% out of due to him always trying to leave and never devoting 100% of himself to the task at hand.

This is what is so frustrating about our place in the college football universe.

Not only do we have to battle programs with greater resources, we have worry if our head coach is willing to commit fully to the task.

How do we know JoMo will?

How do I know that JoMo just views MSU as a gateway to an NFL job or a Big 10 job?

The answer is we don?t. I just can?t help but wonder how much more Mullen could?ve done if he was fully invested.

Shameful

vCash
    Mullen stole at least 2/13th’s of his salary pretty much every year from MSU, because he was having those conversations every year prior to the Egg Bowl and Bowl game. Think about that. Think about how much of that multi-million salary was being used to try to find a way out WHILE ON THE JOB....not just on the job, but while preparing for our last 2-3 games each year. Wanna know why Mullen couldnt close? Wanna know why his first year was his strongest Egg Bowl & Bowl Game finish? Now we know.

vCash
    Is there a tampering rule of sorts in college football? Does an AD have to have permission to talk to a HC at another school during the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I think Mullen is an excellent football coach that MSU only got about 85% out of due to him always trying to leave and never devoting 100% of himself to the task at hand.

This is what is so frustrating about our place in the college football universe.

Not only do we have to battle programs with greater resources, we have worry if our head coach is willing to commit fully to the task.

How do I know that JoMo just views MSU as a gateway to an NFL job or a Big 10 job?

The answer is we don?t. I just can?t help but wonder how much more Mullen could?ve done if he was fully invested.

Shameful
    Good post with some good points. I think JoMo’s personality is a 180 of Mullen's. JoMo is a football guy, a lot like Polk 1 was a baseball guy. He wants to coach football and win games, I think he showed us that when he took the salary he took and left room to make sure he could pay assistants well. Mullen's is a Mullen's guy that knows how to coach football, I think he showed us that by taking the salary he did and hosing his assistants...that and by being a complete DB by shopping himself constantly.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-23-2018 at 12:07 PM.

vCash

Shameful

If JoeMo has instant success and most talking heads believes he will, someone from the B10 will come after him. It just depends on what school and how much he values going back north over coaching in the SEC. But I'm not worrying about it......just going to enjoy whatever success he has here.

vCash
    He was gone after the Bama game .. remember that shit show in Fayetteville?
    And this wasn’t the first Egg Bowl that ole Danny Boy had planned on being his last .

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is there a tampering rule of sorts in college football? Does an AD have to have permission to talk to a HC at another school during the season?
    I think it's a gentleman's agreement that an AD will get permission from the other AD before talking to a coach. Either this didn't happen with Mullen, or Cohen is a dumbass for letting him shop before the season was over. I don't think Cohen is a dumbass. I seem to remember Stricklin saying that he talked to Cohen before talking to Mullen. And that he and Mullen talked either the day before or day of the EB. Also seem to remember Cohen saying that Mullen told him a while back that he was looking to get out this year. So that Cohen could begin putting out his feelers. Maybe Cohen was done with him, had his guy in Moorhead, and just told Mullen "f it, do whatever you want".
    Last edited by ababyatemydingo; 03-23-2018 at 07:56 AM.

vCash
    After we lost Bama game, Mullen was not interested anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Dan was leaving Starkvegas even if he had to take a year off from coaching to get a different job. He's a good actor. Really thought he enjoyed the years in Vegas, but apparently was even looking after his first contract was up, but nobody bit on him. So, he just stayed on til even he couldn't stand it any more.
    I highly doubt that Dan would take a year off to find another job as long as we were paying him 5 million.

vCash

Shameful
    We don't know... all depends on if Coach Joe believes he can recruit and win big at State, AND if he and his family like living in Starkville. I don't believe DM ever liked living in little ole Starkville. Friends that still live in Starkville never saw him out eating and being social, which I always thought was odd. When I lived there I always saw Rockey & Jackie Wayne out and about. We were always a stepping stone for Mullen but it just took longer for him to find another job.

vCash
    Damn, Mullen set up a time to meet the guy and then wouldn’t respond to the guys text asking for confirmation the night before.