Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
If I think the negative outweighs the positive I'll go after a coach. Mullen did a LOT for MSU, and anyone who says otherwise is just either stupid, bitter, or had a personal grudge. Now that he is gone I see no need to defend him. I thought he had faults too, you would be surprised. I just didn't voice them when he was our coach. If he had started losing I would have. He never really did so I defended him. The only group think I see is in this thread.
My "personal grudge" with Dan has to do with him screwing up Dak's senior night and the Egg Bowl last year while he was looking for jobs to stroke his ego. At the end of the day Dan was average as a coach. And Florida is about to find that out too.

At the end of the day I felt like he had way too much power and was given too much leeway especially under Stricklin. Great in games where we had the talent edge- but he made highly questionable decisions that were Les Miles-esque in close games and big games. In fact in one of his biggest wins in 2014 he almost gave the game away because with about 8 minutes of game time left he felt like it was important to play our back-ups and got us in a situation where a Hail Mary would have beaten us when we dominated the game all night long. His recruiting was average at best- thanks to defensive staff it would have been bad. And he didn't always play the best players- anyone remember Holloway up the middle against Alabama in 2015 on the goal line? LOL. And then he decided to insult our intelligence by saying Holloway played more because of his blocking- only to see the offense instantly improve once Aeris took over because of an injury to Holloway. Thank God Aeris finally learned the playbook and how to block that week.**