Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mizzou baseball series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Hurts to say this....but this baseball team feels like our hands are handcuffed to our ankles and every team in the SEC Prison looks forward to taking their turn.
    That's pretty graphic.

For me I'm just counting down the weeks until the end of the year. We're not going to the postseason barring a miracle turnaround in SEC play. I'll be OK if we win one of the three on the road. It's a lost season and a bad situation now- but there are better days ahead for us. We'll get a great coach that will develop these players and we may actually come out better in the long run.

vCash
    I will be at the Saturday game, possibly the Sunday. I will be the dude in a Maroon cap chasing a 2-year-old boy. The 2-year-old will be the kid with a "what can I do" look. His head will be on swivel for balloons, hot dogs, and ladies. His idea of a good time is sitting next to a 20-year-old college girl, while holding a balloon, and eating a hot dog.

I think we win 2 games this week because we just have-to. They will be all be nail-bitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    His idea of a good time is sitting next to a 20-year-old college girl, while holding a balloon, and eating a hot dog.
    Same

vCash
    The trio of Allen, Hatcher, and Stovall have big series. We take 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The trio of Allen, Hatcher, and Stovall have big series. We take 2
    I wish I could fill out the lineup card:

1. Mangum, CF
    2. Westburg, 3B
    3. Allen, LF
    4. Hatcher, 1B
    5. Stovall, 2B
    6. LA, SS
    7. MacNamee, RF
    8. Gilbert, C
    9. Foscue, DH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

1. Mangum, CF
    2. Westburg, 3B
    3. Allen, LF
    4. Hatcher, 1B
    5. Stovall, 2B
    6. LA, SS
    7. MacNamee, RF
    8. Gilbert, C
    9. Foscue, DH
    Like it. I too want to see macnamee get a few more shots. I think he is just underperforming

vCash
    I propose an off the wall idea: Let’s start Pilk on Saturday’s that way he’s not battling the other teams Ace’s. Will that help us possibly?

vCash
    Hi, Mizzou fan here, looking forward to a fun, albeit cold, series in CoMo this weekend. We are 17-5 but not against the toughest schedule so it's hard to know exactly where we are at this year. We are changing our rotation quite a bit from the LSU series (and the way it has been for us all season). Our usual Friday guy is moving to Sunday and the new Friday guy is making his first start of the season. It might sound like we are sandbagging tonight against Pilkington, but our starter tonight was a Freshman All-American last year and has been dealing with injuries/flu bug to start the year.

Regardless, I am looking forward to this one. The MSU fans I have interacted with before at baseball in 2014 and football in 2015 have been really cool. Nice people. I realize that a lot of your focus this weekend will be in the state of Missouri, but at the Sprint Center in KC. I will be rooting for that Bulldog team to get a couple of wins. Good luck and safe travels to any of your visiting fans traveling across the Show Me State this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Like it. I too want to see macnamee get a few more shots. I think he is just underperforming
    Maybe but at this point rather invest in Rowdy and Jordan Anderson for the future.

Macnamee got 180 ABs last year and was just ok, not sure that 225-270 batting average from an upperclassman is worthwhile. Rowdy has already tied Mac for career HRs in about 30 at bats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Maybe but at this point rather invest in Rowdy and Jordan Anderson for the future.

Macnamee got 180 ABs last year and was just ok, not sure that 225-270 batting average from an upperclassman is worthwhile. Rowdy has already tied Mac for career HRs in about 30 at bats
    MacNamee hit .292 in conference play last year. This year he is hitting .242 in only 33's AB's. Rowdey is hitting .212 in 52 AB's. I think at this point we need to go with Mac and get him in a routine for a few weeks and see how he responds. He hasn't really gotten a fair shake this year. Two weeks from now if he's still not getting it down then we can go with Rowdey/Jordan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

1. Mangum, CF
    2. Westburg, 3B
    3. Allen, LF
    4. Hatcher, 1B
    5. Stovall, 2B
    6. LA, SS
    7. MacNamee, RF
    8. Gilbert, C
    9. Foscue, DH
    Put Rowdey in LF and Tanner in RF and we set

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Put Rowdey in LF and Tanner in RF and we set
    Then we better find somewhere for Tanner Allen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I propose an off the wall idea: Let’s start Pilk on Saturday’s that way he’s not battling the other teams Ace’s. Will that help us possibly?
    This is also something I would like to see.

Pilk could have a sub 2.5 ERA and still have nearly double-digit losses because of almost no run support

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    This is also something I would like to see.

Pilk could have a sub 2.5 ERA and still have nearly double-digit losses because of almost no run support
    A big reason for that is we don't start our best hitters when Pilk pitches. We go for defense.