Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIT Finals: Howland vs C34?s Pappy?

vCash

Talking NIT Finals: Howland vs C34?s Pappy?

The storyline would be great. I really hope this happens.

Both teams have been shooting lights out, but I like our inside defensive presence and our ability to get some easy points off the break. If we shoot a similar percentage, I think we?d take them. That said, you could argue that Stans has done ?more with less.?

3, 2, 1 until C34 edits the thread title...

vCash
    We should smoke them. They haven’t seen a team as quick as us, or as explosive

vCash
    34 would be the happiest guy, ED would erupt, his bonus check for the agenda would come close to Shannondawg's bank account!

Then I wonder if the real cowpower would show up?

Let the game begin as we are the better team, Western Ky can score but they aren't that good defensive.

vCash
    Mustttttttt nottttttt editttttttt
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    LOL.

Banned
    vCash
    Anyone know if juicy jumbo hotdogs will be served at MSG? Asking for a friend

vCash
    I da pappy. -Jangalang
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    The Coach34 Bowl. Doesn?t get any better than this. Stans vs 34?s dream program for all the marbles.

vCash
    I’ll be devastated if we lose to Penn State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I’ll be devastated if we lose to Penn State
    Winner if this game wins it all.

vCash
    None of our players was here when Stansbury was, so they have no connection to him. And Howland wasn't part of it then, other than they may have met each other on the court a few times. The only one with a real bone to pick is Stansbury. We'll see how he does with it, if both teams get to that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    None of our players was here when Stansbury was, so they have no connection to him. And Howland wasn't part of it then, other than they may have met each other on the court a few times. The only one with a real bone to pick is Stansbury. We'll see how he does with it, if both teams get to that point.
    The real bone to pick should be Our fans, that guy left the program in shambles and as one ex player told me a while back basically destroyed the program from inside out.
    And agree our current players will give a **** about Stans and what he did and didn’t do here, but I bet a certain radio color analyst will want us to beat his ass...
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-22-2018 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    No doubt Ari- You can bet Williams will be fired up that day also

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    We should smoke them. They haven’t seen a team as quick as us, or as explosive
    One thing for sure.....our guard play is borderline elite and it's why we are playing so well. And in basketball, you have to have great guard play to advance in any tourney. I like 3-4 good guards that can play the 1 or 2 positions. Then have a couple good forwards and center who can finish. We seem to be jelling to the team I had hoped for. Very exciting. Hope we can continue the formula vs Penn St.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The real bone to pick should be Our fans, that guy left the program in shambles and as one ex player told me a while back basically destroyed the program from inside out.
    And agree our current players will give a **** about Stans and what he did and didn’t do here, but I bet a certain radio color analyst will want us to beat his ass...
    Stans beat Howland's Bruins by 20 in Anaheim during the John Wooden Classic years ago. I made the trip. Varnardo ruled the day and the paint. UCLA couldn't get any shots off inside. Was a great game and I got to see John Wooden in person deliver the trophy to us before he died. I imagine Howland has that in the back of his mind if we were to get past the Nittany Lions and into the Final vs WKU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Stans beat Howland's Bruins by 20 in Anaheim during the John Wooden Classic years ago. I made the trip. Varnardo ruled the day and the paint. UCLA couldn't get any shots off inside. Was a great game and I got to see John Wooden in person deliver the trophy to us before he died. I imagine Howland has that in the back of his mind if we were to get past the Nittany Lions and into the Final vs WKU.

I imagine Howland's focus is on winning the championship only, and I highly doubtful that he will even think about what happened in that past game. This is a new day and the scenario is all together different.

vCash
    I didn't realize it but Utah is 3-0 in the SEC

Beat Mizzou by 18
    Beat Rebbies by 9
    Beat LSU by 24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I imagine Howland's focus is on winning the championship only, and I highly doubtful that he will even think about what happened in that past game. This is a new day and the scenario is all together different.
    You never forget an asswhooppin you take as a coach

Geezer
    vCash
    You folks are so full of it. Stan’s told Howland he could win here and they are friends. Stan’s turned down the Ole Miss job and how about concentrating on the good he did At MSU . He has only 8 scholarship players and there is no way they should be able to play with us. My God, Stan’s had a couple of bad years but Rick Ray was a disaster. Get over it and move forward.

vCash
    I think if we win, we'll be playing Utah. Unless there is some sorta destiny stuff here.