Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vic must read ED ...

vCash

Vic must read ED ...

David Murray had lengthy article on Vic's practices during tourney. He practices as hard as during season but on shorter rest. He not a "cutting back" kinda guy as he put it. They spend the first hour of every practice on fundamentals. Then another hour or more on the next opponent.

This explains to me why we ain't playing as fast as we can play. It definitely gonna be hard to handle TX or UConn on 1 day's rest practicing like they usually do, if we get to both of those teams.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 03-21-2018 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    Time to rest some legs! We were slap wore down in the NC game last year! All the smart coaches in all sports are easing off as the season goes on.

vCash
    It's Dan Reeves. And he'll continually fall short of the ultimate goal just like ... Dan Reeves. Rebecca Lobo was right last year.

I knew we didn't look as fast against USCe as we can play and added to that with T out most of game ... still only lost by 11. We didn't lose that game cause they're better than us.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Fire Vic **
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    It's Dan Reeves. And he'll continually fall short of the ultimate goal just like ... Dan Reeves. Rebecca Lobo was right last year.

I knew we didn't look as fast against USCe as we can play and added to that with T out most of game ... still only lost by 11. We didn't lose that game cause they're better than us.
    Oh sweet mercy this is hands down the worst post I've read on here. Ever.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Oh sweet mercy this is hands down the worst post I've read on here. Ever.
    You wrong. Rebecca Lobo pointed it out last year against USCe. UConn doesn't do it and USCe didn't last year.

I'm not saying fire Vic. He's great and I love the guy but ... he's off on this. A lot of great coaches have fallen in the same trap and fallen short of ultimate goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166
    A lot of great coaches have fallen in the same trap and fallen short of ultimate goal.
    Who? Not arguing with you, just curious who your referring to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Who? Not arguing with you, just curious who your referring to.
    In football Dan Reeves and Bud Grant are main two I'm thinking of. Elway talked about the difference between Shanahan's approach and Reeves ... so Reeves is primary one I'm thinking of probably. I also know in Bear's book I believe he talks of a time or two he overworked his guys.

In basketball ... I don't have any hard facts on that one so ... a "lot" probably wasn't the right word to use. I guess we'll see.

I just know in SEC tourney we looked tired against TAM but cranked it up towards end and still won. Then looked very tired against USCe and lost. Looked tired against Ok St and cranked it up in 2nd half on D, and still won BUT ... seems to me we were short on a lot of shots and not shooting as well as normally do. That happens when your legs go.

We'll see what happens ... I'm happy we made sweet 16 and won't fault the gals if that's the best we do. Sure hope to make it a lot further tho.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

We didn't lost to Carolina because we were worn down. We lost because they were & continue to be a bad matchup for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We didn't lost to Carolina because we were worn down. We lost because they were & continue to be a bad matchup for us.
    We'll have to agree to just disagree. We won first one and while Aja had 20 first half ... T stayed out of foul trouble and Aja only had 5 2nd half. We actually played decent 2nd time around with T on bench ... we just looked wore out to me. Not the suffocating D we can play and we shot poorly with a lot of hard, not soft shots. That happens when your legs are gone.

ETA: Everyone is wondering why we ain't shooting like we did during season. If your legs are gone, you don't shoot well ... period.

vCash
    Hmmm, if only we had one of the top 5 women's basketball coarches in the country to figure this stuff out. Maybe even if we had a coarch who broke UConn's streak of a billion wins in a row and played for last year's NC.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.

vCash
    We'll have to agree to just disagree. We won first one and while Aja had 20 first half ... T stayed out of foul trouble and Aja only had 5 2nd half. We actually played decent 2nd time around with T on bench ... we just looked wore out to me. Not the suffocating D we can play and we shot poorly with a lot of hard, not soft shots. That happens when your legs are gone.

ETA: Everyone is wondering why we ain't shooting like we did during season. If your legs are gone, you don't shoot well ... period.
    I agree with IYOK- SC is a bad matchup for us. They are physical and pound on us. We overcame that at home with 10K supporting us- but cant handle it in any other venue. If we play them again- they will beat us again. We are soft
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I can guarantee you Vic Schaefer doesn't waste any time reading a fan message board. Y'all are stupid to think he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Hmmm, if only we had one of the top 5 women's basketball coarches in the country to figure this stuff out. Maybe even if we had a coarch who broke UConn's streak of a billion wins in a row and played for last year's NC.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.
    When we played UConn we had 4 to 5 days before that game and we also rotated 9 to 10 players ... not 6 to 7 like this year. And they probably overlooked us somewhat.

We also didn't have 4 to 5 days before last year's NC game with USCe or SEC Champ game this year. We did have 3 before first USCe game this year tho.

JMO. I love Vic and he is most definitely a top 3 or 4 coach IMO. I just believe a tourney is a "different" type of season than the season is. That also is IMO.

vCash
    Shaking my head at some of the stuff in this thread. Unreal.

vCash
    While I'm not saying Vic reads Elitedawgs- people within the athletic department read Elitedawgs everyday. Thats 100% fact

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I agree with IYOK- SC is a bad matchup for us. They are physical and pound on us. We overcame that at home with 10K supporting us- but cant handle it in any other venue. If we play them again- they will beat us again. We are soft
    Well .. I don't think we're soft. If so, we would've lost more than 1 game. I think Aja is only 1 on this year's team we don't match up pretty well with. If we play at our top speed, we can play with the other 4 gals on their team and I believe we have an advantage there.

It's my opinion. We'll see how rest of tourney plays out and I'm a hoping we play at our top speed rest of the way.

vCash
    Well .. I don't think we're soft. If so, we would've lost more than 1 game. I think Aja is only 1 on this year's team we don't match up pretty well with. If we play at our top speed, we can play with the other 4 gals on their team and I believe we have an advantage there.

It's my opinion. We'll see how rest of tourney plays out and I'm a hoping we play at our top speed rest of the way.
    We are soft. VV playing the 4 makes us that way. She is in no way physical in her play defensively. Wanda is great at the 5- but we have a soft 4 and then Ro and Blair are guards playing the 2 and the 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are soft. VV playing the 4 makes us that way. She is in no way physical in her play defensively. Wanda is great at the 5- but we have a soft 4 and then Ro and Blair are guards playing the 2 and the 3.
    Ok. I think I understand your definition of soft which I think is ... some teams are more physical than us simply because of size, strength, and stature. My definition of soft is ... not tough, which I think we are for our size.

So if we slow down to USCe speed (with our tired legs) then yea, we're soft to them and even more so due to tired legs. More difficult to block out well if legs are tired. More difficult to position yourself too since leverage is gone with tired legs. If we play fast tho, we'll steal their ball handlers blind IMO. Need to press and play fast on them like UConn did. Need to move fast on O AND D, not just one of them. Gotta be fresh to do that tho.

Baylor has been a concern to me too cause of their size. UConn is only team tho that I believe probably can out physical our 1-4 players and maybe play as fast or faster too.

I think we have to play at top speed rest of way. If we do that I think we meet UConn in finals.

vCash
    I dont see any way our team makes the Finals. No depth catches up with you at some point