Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
We are soft. VV playing the 4 makes us that way. She is in no way physical in her play defensively. Wanda is great at the 5- but we have a soft 4 and then Ro and Blair are guards playing the 2 and the 3.
Ok. I think I understand your definition of soft which I think is ... some teams are more physical than us simply because of size, strength, and stature. My definition of soft is ... not tough, which I think we are for our size.

So if we slow down to USCe speed (with our tired legs) then yea, we're soft to them and even more so due to tired legs. More difficult to block out well if legs are tired. More difficult to position yourself too since leverage is gone with tired legs. If we play fast tho, we'll steal their ball handlers blind IMO. Need to press and play fast on them like UConn did. Need to move fast on O AND D, not just one of them. Gotta be fresh to do that tho.

Baylor has been a concern to me too cause of their size. UConn is only team tho that I believe probably can out physical our 1-4 players and maybe play as fast or faster too.

I think we have to play at top speed rest of way. If we do that I think we meet UConn in finals.