Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vic must read ED ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    When we played UConn we had 4 to 5 days before that game and we also rotated 9 to 10 players ... not 6 to 7 like this year. And they probably overlooked us somewhat.

We also didn't have 4 to 5 days before last year's NC game with USCe or SEC Champ game this year. We did have 3 before first USCe game this year tho.

JMO. I love Vic and he is most definitely a top 3 or 4 coach IMO. I just believe a tourney is a "different" type of season than the season is. That also is IMO.
    Dang, if only Vic could read a calender and figure out a practice shedule! This just solidifies our ranking as the dumbest fan base....

vCash

Wait.....What?

Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    I can guarantee you Vic Schaefer doesn't waste any time reading a fan message board. Y'all are stupid to think he does.
    Reading here is a waste of time? Somebody owes me an explanation!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont see any way our team makes the Finals. No depth catches up with you at some point
    what? no way we make the finals. That is a big statement. we have lost 1 frigging game where Big T got in foul trouble and didn't play for almost a half. That plus Blair and Rojo went cold. We will make the finals, the only way we lose is if Big T gets in foul trouble. No depth better hurry up because it hasn't for 36 games. We have not had to use Mo as an offensive option, She will be given the Green Light to shoot more.. How did that work last year?? The only position where depth hurts us if a backup for Big T (that is why we lost) If She stays on the court we win.

vCash
    We are 16-5 in postseason play the last 3 years, with every single one of our losses coming either in a final to South Carolina or to UConn. And that includes a 5-0 run to the national freaking championship game last year that included UConn. Anyone who thinks Schaefer's style of coaching is somehow not conducive to success in a tournament setting is patently insane.

vCash
    Some of y’all need to follow the untold rule around here ...
    Read more post less.. just click ads if you feel the need to get involved.

vCash
    Outside of Uconn , It’s more about luck and matchups that determines how far you go in the tourney.
    If T and The Queen stay out of foul trouble we will be fine

Remember Im the mother ****er on here last that told everyone you want to play unconn. It would mean more on a national scale to beat them than if we won the natty. Look what that W meant to this program. (And I’m sure our PR department isn’t doing and hasn’t done enough to take more advantage of it )

Now this year we want Uconn to get knocked off.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 03-22-2018 at 10:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    It's Dan Reeves. And he'll continually fall short of the ultimate goal just like ... Dan Reeves. Rebecca Lobo was right last year.

I knew we didn't look as fast against USCe as we can play and added to that with T out most of game ... still only lost by 11. We didn't lose that game cause they're better than us.
    This is stupid.

We went to the national title game and scored the biggest upset in all of sports last year along the way.

We've followed that up this year with a 35-1 record and headed to the sweet 16.

Whatever Vic is doing works and I hope he doesn't change a thing.

There is some idiocy in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    While I'm not saying Vic reads Elitedawgs- people within the athletic department read Elitedawgs everyday. Thats 100% fact
    I don't doubt this one bit. A business wants to know what its customers are saying. I think the athletic department would be stupid not to check out message boards.

Vic is certainly not above some criticism. But he's taken us from losing to a sweet 16, a national championship game, and a #1 seed. Nobody is perfect, but he's damn close. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope the athletic department laughed when they read this board and found out that going 0-1 in the NIT is the same as going 5-0 in the NIT and winning the trophy. Oh wait, everybody in the NIT gets a "participation trophy".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I don't doubt this one bit. A business wants to know what its customers are saying. I think the athletic department would be stupid not to check out message boards.

Vic is certainly not above some criticism. But he's taken us from losing to a sweet 16, a national championship game, and a #1 seed. Nobody is perfect, but he's damn close. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope the athletic department laughed when they read this board and found out that going 0-1 in the NIT is the same as going 5-0 in the NIT and winning the trophy. Oh wait, everybody in the NIT gets a "participation trophy".
    I hope everyone laughed when they read that Louisville basketball is on the same level as Miami Ohio football. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I hope everyone laughed when they read that Louisville basketball is on the same level as Miami Ohio football. Lol
    WOW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Hmmm, if only we had one of the top 5 women's basketball coarches in the country to figure this stuff out. Maybe even if we had a coarch who broke UConn's streak of a billion wins in a row and played for last year's NC.

I swear we have the dumbest fans.
    WTF is a coarch???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    WTF is a coarch???
    Is that a quarstion?

Banned
    vCash
    I don't remember exactly why, but memory of that UConn game had us really dominating them and that game should not have come down to the buzzer.

vCash
    Is that a quarstion?
    Some of the spelling and grammar seen on here is absolutely astounding for college graduates. One of my favorites is "had or have went". I suppose with a little translation and interpolation/extrapolation one can figure out the meaning though. **

Does MSU still make everyone take the English Proficiency Exam after the sophomore year? Way back when, if a person couldn't write a passable 500 word essay that was graded by a panel of English professors/teachers, they'd find themselves in Bonehead English the following semester (the actual title of the course was Remedial English). I heard a rumor that Dee Dee Lewis never passed Bonehead even though he took it several times. I can't verify that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Some of the spelling and grammar seen on here is absolutely astounding for college graduates. One of my favorites is "had or have went". I suppose with a little translation and interpolation/extrapolation one can figure out the meaning though. **

Does MSU still make everyone take the English Proficiency Exam after the sophomore year? Way back when, if a person couldn't write a passable 500 word essay that was graded by a panel of English professors/teachers, they'd find themselves in Bonehead English the following semester (the actual title of the course was Remedial English). I heard a rumor that Dee Dee Lewis never passed Bonehead even though he took it several times. I can't verify that though.
    I am not a typical “grammar police”, but goodness. Coarch? Just wondering, does spell check make random words like Coarch, or do you have to deliberately type it yourself?

vCash
    And for everybody who thinks that the bowl game against Miami was meaningless because it was "only" the St. Petersburg Bowl and not the dang Sugar Bowl, I say this: "Wouldn't you still rather win the meaningless bowl game against Miami Ohio as opposed to losing the meaningless bowl game against Miami Ohio?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I don't remember exactly why, but memory of that UConn game had us really dominating them and that game should not have come down to the buzzer.

I still have my recording of that game, so out of curiosity I went back and scanned through it. At the end of the first quarter we were ahead 22-13 and the announcer said something to the effect that she'd never seen Gino with sweat streaming down his brow. At the half, we were up 36-28. If we were ever behind, it was early in the game and I didn't notice.

UConn tied the game at 40 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter after a big run. UConn momentarily took a 1 point lead (41-40) but it was tied at the end of the 3 quarter at 48. Dak was going crazy. The game was either tied or we were up 2 or 4 points most of the 4th quarter. With 2:36 we fell behind by 1, then by 3 after a UConn layup. Then Gabby Williams screwed up big time by fouling with the shot clock expiring (wasn't really much of a call ... don't think she actually fouled). Got the lead down to 2 by making one foul shot, so the foul call wasn't really huge at the time. We went ahead 60-58 with a 3 pointer at just over a minute to go, then UConn tied it at 60 with 17 seconds left. Game was tied at 60 at the end of regulation.

In OT, we scored a 2 pointer, and UConn didn't score for the first 3:25 of the OT period, then Samuelson tied it with a jumper. When we were up by 2 with 26.6 seconds left, Samuelson did the world-famous elbow-to-the-throat flop supposedly caused by DD, and it was upheld by review (terrible call and review), and Vic went crazy. After the two "flagrant foul" shots, UConn tied it at 64, got the ball, then we got the rebound after they missed a jumper, then Morgan made her nothing-but-net jumper to win. What was odd was that we only scored 6 in OT, UConn only 4, and 2 of those were on a phantom foul.

So yeah we basically dominated UConn in that game.

vCash
    I am not a typical “grammar police”, but goodness. Coarch? Just wondering, does spell check make random words like Coarch, or do you have to deliberately type it yourself?
    It has to be typed, but spell check can be turned off so it wouldn't be caught. One occurence could be a typo, but twice?? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It has to be typed, but spell check can be turned off so it wouldn't be caught. One occurence could be a typo, but twice?? **
    That’s exactly what I was going to say

vCash
    I am not a typical ?grammar police?, but goodness. Coarch? Just wondering, does spell check make random words like Coarch, or do you have to deliberately type it yourself?
    It is not that uncommon for low information people to use the term "coarch" instead of "coach" much like some use the term "Krogers" in lieu of "Kroger." It is also not that uncommon for some older country folk to add an "r" to certain works, like wash (warsh).

Just having a little fun, if you're from Mississippi, surely you've heard the terms, coarch, warsh, etc. Get the stick out of your backside.