Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitz

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Nobody said he wasn?t.

Just saying I wonder if he?s feeling a push
    If he?s not feeling more internal pressure to improve than pressure from Key, we won?t have a great season.

vCash
    Coach Mo said after practice yesterday that Fitz participated in the 7-on-7 drills and some of the passing drills. I didn't get the impression from that interview that he was a full participant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I?m glad to hear that about Rivers. That will be one nasty D-line.
    Was told he is the best DL we have outside of Simmons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Was told he is the best DL we have outside of Simmons
    I was told the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The fans perception of how long it would take to get back from this injury vs the reality of the timeline is a big difference. It's been said since like the week after his surgery that he would be ready for spring practice he just would be in a non contact jersey. He's not going to be rushed or pushed this spring because it's not necessary but he's going to get a lot of good work in.
    I think our fans are so used to our players not coming back that it clouds their judgement or puts them in I'll believe it when I see it mode.

David Fair syndrome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think our fans are so used to our players not coming back that it clouds their judgement or puts them in I'll believe it when I see it mode.

David Fair syndrome.
    Another great example of Maroon induced PTSD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    JoMo said Bryant had some academic issues to get straight before he would be practicing. For all we know, that could mean he hasn't been going to class or is having trouble in a class or is flunking out.
    He might also be using it to make an example that no matter how good you are you are not bigger then the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

David Fair syndrome.
    There is a big difference in medical technology to day. They can usually make you better now. What you have to worry about is the mental.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Key isn?t starting. Period. That would be the most insane and asinine decision JoMo could ever make. Until OM pulls their shenanigans again in November, dont expect Key to be the #1.
    If Key gets there, which I admit is very unlikely, then he should start. JoeMo owes every player on the team to start and play whoever is best in that position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    There is a big difference in medical technology to day. They can usually make you better now. What you have to worry about is the mental.
    That's true- and why I expect Fitz to make a full recovery.

As far as the mental I think the way it happened may cause Fitz to play with a chip on his shoulder and look for vengeance. We'll see. The truth is Dan exposed our QB's way too much with his running system- and even moreso with his penchant to default to a QB draw when he freaked out which everyone in America knows he would do.

Banned
    vCash
    Rosebowl say Fitz was a ?full participant at practice yesterday. Went thorough every drill.

Think he?s feeling the heat from Key or just being a leader?
    Nope. Unless his leg falls off he is the starting QB next season. There is no heat there is no QB battle. Quit trying to make it one. Fitz is miles ahead of Key. How you weren't able to see that after watching the Egg Bowl and Bowl game is amazing. I think you need to watch two years of Fitz's game footage again you seem to have forgotten all of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So, everything great? Nothing looking less than rosey?
    The 4-2-5 and resulting depth chart at DT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Nope. Unless his leg falls off he is the starting QB next season. There is no heat there is no QB battle. Quit trying to make it one. Fitz is miles ahead of Key. How you weren't able to see that after watching the Egg Bowl and Bowl game is amazing. I think you need to watch two years of Fitz's game footage again you seem to have forgotten all of it.
    I?ll be perfectly honest and this is my own opinion. I like Fitz but don?t love him. I respect his toughness and play making ability, but don?t think he?s accurate enough to lead us to ATL. With Key, there is obviously more risk, but the way he throws leads me to believe he could be a more accurate passer than Fitz and thus give this team a higher ceiling.

Again, I could be way off here but this is from my own evaluation. I know Fitz will start but I?m skeptical as to weather he can be efficient enough in the passing game for us to be an elite team.

Can Key do that? I don?t know, but I was really impressed in the bowl game with what he could do. It just looked right to me.

I know people will point to Key?s stats and the bowl game and Egg bowl to try and prove me wrong, but that is low hanging fruit as stats aren?t always indicative of talent. I like the feel and touch Key has when the ball comes out of his hand and believe their is a ton of ceiling there, particularly when asked to throw catchable vertical passes in Moorhead?s offense.

Saying Fitz is the automatic starter doesn?t make him a better player or more efficient passer
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 03-22-2018 at 08:35 AM.

vCash
    You will see Fitz's passing improve this year now that there is more talent at WR.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You will see Fitz's passing improve this year now that there is more talent at WR.
    I agree. I think many of the drop passes though are a product of how Fitz spins the ball.

vCash
    Prolly thought he was going to the league after last season and thus slacked off in the classroom in the Fall thinking he wouldn?t even be in school this Spring.

I know that seems cray cray but these guys receive hideous advice on a daily basis from friends and family.
    yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    and the fact we will throw it over the middle and down field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    and the fact we will throw it over the middle and down field.
    That may expose him more

Banned
    vCash
    I?ll be perfectly honest and this is my own opinion. I like Fitz but don?t love him. I respect his toughness and play making ability, but don?t think he?s accurate enough to lead us to ATL. With Key, there is obviously more risk, but the way he throws leads me to believe he could be a more accurate passer than Fitz and thus give this team a higher ceiling.

Again, I could be way off here but this is from my own evaluation. I know Fitz will start but I?m skeptical as to weather he can be efficient enough in the passing game for us to be an elite team.

Can Key do that? I don?t know, but I was really impressed in the bowl game with what he could do. It just looked right to me.

I know people will point to Key?s stats and the bowl game and Egg bowl to try and prove me wrong, but that is low hanging fruit as stats aren?t always indicative of talent. I like the feel and touch Key has when the ball comes out of his hand and believe their is a ton of ceiling there, particularly when asked to throw catchable vertical passes in Moorhead?s offense.

Saying Fitz is the automatic starter doesn?t make him a better player or more efficient passer
    Now Shotgun this is a post I respect. I am sending you rep because you admitted what I already knew you thought and I like when someone owns up to it. You need to watch Key's two games and watch his decision making. It's nowhere in the same neighborhood as Fitz. Fitz understands defenses, reads and makes better and much faster decisions than Key does. He should he's got 3 years experience on him. Key can't make up the distance mentally that Fitz has on him. I believe you're also about to see a big jump in Fitz's accuracy this last season as he's learned how to throw without using his legs as much to heal his ankle.

vCash

Key isnt as good a passer as Fitz and he wont be this year. I dont understand how anyone can look at the two and say Key is better at anything.

I like Key but it was obvious he wasnt ready to come in that Egg Bowl. Played well vs Louisville but Fitz is gonna be the best we have ever had this year.

There hasnt been a QB at MSU with the talent Nick Fitzgerald has. Fitz won me and the team over when he battled his ass off in 2016 when he was getting knocked around like a pinball vs Bama. The BYU game proved a lot as well as he showed he will fight and put his body on the line. There wouldve never been a QB controversy had Mullen not done that stupid shit with Dam Williams. Fitz did not help himself up to that point with all the partying and extra curricular activities he had going on up till 2016.

Now I will say this, from a well connected source that Key works his ass off, even that he will work harder than Fitzgerald but that is just one mans opinion.

I think both of them play but Nick is our QB.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 03-22-2018 at 10:03 AM.