Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fitz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Moorhead ran his QB's almost as much as Mullen- Fitz is going to get 10-plus carries every Saturday
    Where'd you see that at? I saw them running stretch option some but not QB power like we have for 9 years. Id be okay with 10 but he doesnt need 15-20 like we did with Mullen. Thats why we have 3 SEC RBs to run the damn thing. QB doesnt have to pull it to be effective.

McSorely isnt nearly the athlete Fitz is so Moorhead should only get better. Hes gotta be excited.

vCash
    Fitz has been a 55% passer the last two years - we need that up to about 62-64% this year.

McSorley was at 66% this past year - would love to see Fitz around that number.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Where'd you see that at? I saw them running stretch option some but not QB power like we have for 9 years. Id be okay with 10 but he doesnt need 15-20 like we did with Mullen. Thats why we have 3 SEC RBs to run the damn thing. QB doesnt have to pull it to be effective.

McSorely isnt nearly the athlete Fitz is so Moorhead should only get better. Hes gotta be excited.
    McSorely has avg 11 carries a game each of the last 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Fitz has been a 55% passer the last two years - we need that up to about 62-64% this year.

McSorley was at 66% this past year - would love to see Fitz around that number.
    McSorley 1st year under JoeMo his % was 57.9% but he put some big #'s. Over 3600yds & 29tds.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    McSorely has avg 11 carries a game each of the last 2 seasons.
    stupid question: do sacks count as "runs"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    stupid question: do sacks count as "runs"?
    Counts against rushing yards, but doesn’t count as a “run attempt”. At least I don’t think so.

vCash
    McSorley 1st year under JoeMo his % was 57.9% but he put some big #'s. Over 3600yds & 29tds.
    Yeah - but they had a monster WR in Chris Godwin - who was drafted in 3rd round. Not saying we don't have kids with that type of potential, but PSU has had some weapons the last few years at the skill spots.

I think we should expect Fitz to make a 7-9% bump this year. He should be running less - no more 20 carries a game - and he should have some solid weapons to throw to. It will all come down to how quickly the new WR's and Fitz come together. It is one of the most forgotten aspects of football, the timing that QB's need to develop with receivers.

vCash
    I just looked and saw Fitz had less yards and less passing attempts in 17 than in 16. I didnt realize that until now.

Anyway, if Fitz hits those numbers, or similar is it enough to get us past Bama? I think so. He threw for 21 TDs and 10 picks 2400 yds in 16 on an average at best team

vCash
    Do you expect a similar jump with Fitz this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    not at all. You have to remember- sometimes he looked inaccurate because WR's werent where they were supposed to be. We were playing back-ups and they werent reading the defender correctly to go where they were supposed to on their option routes.
    People seem to forget that we lost our 3 best receivers from 2016 - losing Ross to graduation and Gray and Dear to injury. That was 1,600 yards in receptions between them (Gray did have 240+ yards before injury). Gray spent the first half of the season double teamed because he was the only threat we had. Fitz lost that production and was still able to gain most of it back (or would have with 2 games lost to injury) with a cast of inexperienced guys. Not every QB can do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Do you expect a similar jump with Fitz this year?
    I think Fitz will be around 60%

vCash
    Fitz has a lot of work to do in the passing game. He?s been in the program almost 4.5 years with very modest improvement in that area. He should have been higher than 55% completion as a redshirt junior. I?m cautiously optimistic he will but a new offense and a big injury worry me. Wideouts hopefully help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That may expose him more
    It might also open up some huge ass running lanes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Key isn?t starting. Period. That would be the most insane and asinine decision JoMo could ever make. Until OM pulls their shenanigans again in November, dont expect Key to be the #1.
    If you don?t have first hand info on how each operates in the new system, how can you be so sure?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Counts against rushing yards, but doesn’t count as a “run attempt”. At least I don’t think so.
    Yes it does. 1 rush attempt, - however many yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yes it does. 1 rush attempt, - however many yards.
    Oh ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It might also open up some huge ass running lanes.
    +1. REP Given!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Fitz has a lot of work to do in the passing game. He?s been in the program almost 4.5 years with very modest improvement in that area. He should have been higher than 55% completion as a redshirt junior. I?m cautiously optimistic he will but a new offense and a big injury worry me. Wideouts hopefully help.
    Chef, if you take all our drops and say our WRs caught half of them--then Fitz's % would be 60% or better. Plus the fact that players didn't run correct routes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Chef, if you take all our drops and say our WRs caught half of them--then Fitz's % would be 60% or better. Plus the fact that players didn't run correct routes.
    I hope you are right my friend. I guess I worry about some of this WTF throws. The interception in the Egg Bowl is a prime example. He?s good for 1 or 2 of those a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Key isn?t starting. Period. That would be the most insane and asinine decision JoMo could ever make. Until OM pulls their shenanigans again in November, dont expect Key to be the #1.
    This is Fitzs team no doubt but all the reps Key gets this spring with the
    first string will be huge in case Fitz doesn?t progress as well as we hope
    this summer. His injury was a MAJOR deal and he still has a long way to
    go. Thanks again u freaking land minnow, plantation dwellers!