Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fitz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree. I think many of the drop passes though are a product of how Fitz spins the ball.
    First time I have ever heard an excuse for WR drops for how the ball spins. We dropped it bc we dropped it. Even the WRs will tell you that.

You're overthinking this one my friend. Has fitz had some bad throws? Yes. Everyone does. He could improve his touch some but for the most part he did his job. He will be helped tremendously by an improved WR group, But nicky fitz is a heisman candidate in 2018. Thats not maroon colored glasses either

Banned
    vCash
    I?ll be perfectly honest and this is my own opinion. I like Fitz but don?t love him. I respect his toughness and play making ability, but don?t think he?s accurate enough to lead us to ATL. With Key, there is obviously more risk, but the way he throws leads me to believe he could be a more accurate passer than Fitz and thus give this team a higher ceiling.

Again, I could be way off here but this is from my own evaluation. I know Fitz will start but I?m skeptical as to weather he can be efficient enough in the passing game for us to be an elite team.

Can Key do that? I don?t know, but I was really impressed in the bowl game with what he could do. It just looked right to me.

I know people will point to Key?s stats and the bowl game and Egg bowl to try and prove me wrong, but that is low hanging fruit as stats aren?t always indicative of talent. I like the feel and touch Key has when the ball comes out of his hand and believe their is a ton of ceiling there, particularly when asked to throw catchable vertical passes in Moorhead?s offense.

Saying Fitz is the automatic starter doesn?t make him a better player or more efficient passer
    You're drunk

vCash
    That may expose him more
    He doesn't under throw. If he is off it's him over throwing.

vCash
    That may expose him more
    sorta like some posters are exposed as idiots the more they post--just saying

vCash
    I agree. I think many of the drop passes though are a product of how Fitz spins the ball.
    Nobody threw more ducks than Peyton Manning. The WR's job is to catch the ball, no matter how it comes in.

vCash
    I?ll be perfectly honest and this is my own opinion. I like Fitz but don?t love him. I respect his toughness and play making ability, but don?t think he?s accurate enough to lead us to ATL. With Key, there is obviously more risk, but the way he throws leads me to believe he could be a more accurate passer than Fitz and thus give this team a higher ceiling.

Again, I could be way off here but this is from my own evaluation. I know Fitz will start but I?m skeptical as to weather he can be efficient enough in the passing game for us to be an elite team.

Can Key do that? I don?t know, but I was really impressed in the bowl game with what he could do. It just looked right to me.

I know people will point to Key?s stats and the bowl game and Egg bowl to try and prove me wrong, but that is low hanging fruit as stats aren?t always indicative of talent. I like the feel and touch Key has when the ball comes out of his hand and believe their is a ton of ceiling there, particularly when asked to throw catchable vertical passes in Moorhead?s offense.

Saying Fitz is the automatic starter doesn?t make him a better player or more efficient passer
    And Shotgun is gonna Shotgun.

Let's not forget Key was going up against a Peter Sirmon defense.

vCash
    And for the record, yes, I too believe Thompson has a higher ceiling than Fitzgerald...which is why he's going to be fantastic as the starter when he's a junior/senior. He does not have the higher ceiling next year.

vCash
    That may expose him more
    not at all. You have to remember- sometimes he looked inaccurate because WR's werent where they were supposed to be. We were playing back-ups and they werent reading the defender correctly to go where they were supposed to on their option routes.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Key isnt as good a passer as Fitz and he wont be this year. I dont understand how anyone can look at the two and say Key is better at anything.

I like Key but it was obvious he wasnt ready to come in that Egg Bowl. Played well vs Louisville but Fitz is gonna be the best we have ever had this year.

There hasnt been a QB at MSU with the talent Nick Fitzgerald has. Fitz won me and the team over when he battled his ass off in 2016 when he was getting knocked around like a pinball vs Bama. The BYU game proved a lot as well as he showed he will fight and put his body on the line. There wouldve never been a QB controversy had Mullen not done that stupid shit with Dam Williams. Fitz did not help himself up to that point with all the partying and extra curricular activities he had going on up till 2016.

Now I will say this, from a well connected source that Key works his ass off, even that he will work harder than Fitzgerald but that is just one mans opinion.

I think both of them play but Nick is our QB.
    Very good post.

We see the same thing but interpret it differently.

The same thing is happening in all 32 NFL team?s draft meetings at this very moment.

Someone will be right and someone will be wrong. Then we?ll move on to the next debate. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    not at all. You have to remember- sometimes he looked inaccurate because WR's werent where they were supposed to be. We were playing back-ups and they werent reading the defender correctly to go where they were supposed to on their option routes.
    Solid point.

You know the perspective I’m coming from.

Banned
    vCash
    Key only threw for 127 yards vs Sirmon defense. He wasn't effective because of his arm it was because of his legs and again it was Peter Sirmon's defense. Bama, Auburn, LSU will shut Key down running and he'll be exposed in the passing game. He's not ready to be the starter vs the top SEC West teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Key only threw for 127 yards vs Sirmon defense. He wasn't effective because of his arm it was because of his legs and again it was Peter Sirmon's defense. Bama, Auburn, LSU will shut Key down running and he'll be exposed in the passing game. He's not ready to be the starter vs the top SEC West teams.
    This is the truth

vCash
    Key's overall ceiling is probably higher than Fitz. But Fitz is the better QB in 2018. I expect Fitz to be a draft pick next April.

vCash
    This is the first time in my lifetime that we have ever had this much QB talent on campus. The baton is being passed from one great one to the next. Dak to Fitz to Key and then to Mayden and beyond. I think Key is going to be a stud but Nick is the man right now and he will be drafted next spring. I love the fact we are becoming QBU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Absolutely

My feelings are more ingredient based.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And for the record, yes, I too believe Thompson has a higher ceiling than Fitzgerald...which is why he's going to be fantastic as the starter when he's a junior/senior. He does not have the higher ceiling next year.
    I'm thinking you are going to be surprised with key next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Key's overall ceiling is probably higher than Fitz. But Fitz is the better QB in 2018. I expect Fitz to be a draft pick next April.
    I do as well. They dont make 6'4-6'5 230-240 pound athletic freaks that can throw it 60-70 yds very often. He would get a shot somewhere even if he wasnt good just bc of the QB craze in the NFL.

I like Key he has shown a lot and you can tell the kids love him too, but I dont think he is as naturally talented as Fitz. I do think he will be a quality SEC starter though and could win us games next year if God forbid Fitz gets banged up

vCash
    For all the credit Mullen has gotten as a ''QB whisperer'' he is prolly responsible for the most QB injuries in major college football as well.

Even going back to Relf our QBs have been banged up. Guess its the price you pay to run our QBs as much as we have. I think Moorhead will do it some, hed be stupid not too but I dont think we will see QB power on 3rd and 2-4 multiple times in a game again.

Also remember how bad we were on offense with Russell. Mullen really didnt adjust well to his skill set. And that was a shame bc Tyler was a really talented kid but moved like a giraffe. He wouldve been better under Crooms offense. I know thats crazy to think a Croom offense being good at anything but Russell with Boobie at RB and the OL we had in 09 wouldve been pretty good.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 03-22-2018 at 12:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    For all the credit Mullen has gotten as a ''QB whisperer'' he is prolly responsible for the most QB injuries in major college football as well.

Even going back to Relf our QBs have been banged up. Guess its the price you pay to run our QBs as much as we have. I think Moorhead will do it some, hed be stupid not too but I dont think we will see QB power on 3rd and 2-4 multiple times in a game again
    Moorhead ran his QB's almost as much as Mullen- Fitz is going to get 10-plus carries every Saturday

vCash
    I’m so excited to see how Moorhead runs his offense here. Mullen’s play calling had become so vanilla. Have any of y’all saw the article showing his most creative plays? It was really cool.